** Confessions of a Failing Audiophile ** - I hated the LCD2
Oct 1, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #301 of 631
I also like HE500 better than the stock lcd2. Some people in my circle replace the wiring inside the lcd2 that connects the plug to the driver, and it really makes a difference, now they slightly better than HE500 in my ears. But according to a good friend of mine, who still thinks HE500 are better, they are not.

However, I think T1 beats all of them in term of technicality. And we both agree on that :D.

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #302 of 631
I'm curious.  After reading this I'm wondering which version of LCD2s you purchased; originals or Revision 2s?  If you already told us, I'm sorry for missing it...

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #304 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After much consideration, I've come to realize nothing is going to make me happy.

I've been through pretty much every hi fi set in existence... 

That's why I just have my AKG K 171 MK II plugged in to a NuForce Icon HD (excellent... not terrible like their crappy piece of crap uDac2-HP). I let 'em burn in for 72 hours and they're so good that I've fallen asleep while listening. I'm not really interested in more. I tried the bigger brother to them, which were more comfortable, but didn't sound as good to me. So I'm done. If you want details about how I got it so good, check out http://akgk171.wordpress.com to see.

Honestly, I've listened to all kinds of stuff (Denons, ATs, Shures, Grado, AKGs, Sonys, Beyerdynamics, and more) but the sound of the AKGs are my favorite, which makes me glad because now I don't have to spend $$$$.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #305 of 631
Oct 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #306 of 631
Swbf, from your stated preference of a warm, fun and detailed sound, I think you should checkout JVC's DX1000.  I know you stated you would be steering clear of the higher-end headphones, but from everything I've read on the DX1000 it might just be the headphone you've been looking for.

Oct 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #308 of 631

Quote:
 I want to have fun, not stand there and stroke my beard and fixing my monocle eye piece and top hat saying " hmm, yes, its so natural."   

I usually take my tophat and monocle off before I put the headphones on.  But you may be on to something....Im thinking subwoofer in the top hat chamber!  
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #312 of 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to have fun when I listen to my $800+ headphones, something warm and nice, pleasing in every way and if it can cook and clean my house, thats a big plus.

Dude. L3000. I know you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back