** Confessions of a Failing Audiophile ** - I hated the LCD2
Oct 31, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #616 of 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh ya, and you are right, Nikp.  I apologize heavily for that, what a terribly choice of words I used...  I need to be forgiven for assuming anyone who loves something a lot will not-(?) defend it.  Please forgive me, I am a lowly mortal.  :)

I'm not sure what you're getting at but I firmly supported the statement that people tend to defend anything that they personally own regardless of the real quality. Take for example, Beats users.

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #617 of 631

Quote:
I wish some of you realized that the OP is playing you.

I can assure you he's off somewhere else on "another" board having a good laugh.

[size=medium]Fabricated (Family Guy)[size=small] Peter[/size]/ Superman isn’t playing anyone.  Unless you count his absolute need for attention, as playing.  I have no doubt that he is on other boards (probably got high post counts as well), and I have equally no doubt that other boards see him the same way he is seen here, which unfortunately isn’t the way he would like to be perceived.[/size]
[size=medium]And as for having a sense of humour, I think many Headfiers are having a laugh at some of the statements in this thread; I know I have.[/size]

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #618 of 631

Quote:

[size=medium]Fabricated (Family Guy)[size=small] Peter[/size]/ Superman isn’t playing anyone.  Unless you count his absolute need for attention, as playing.  I have no doubt that he is on other boards (probably got high post counts as well), and I have equally no doubt that other boards see him the same way he is seen here, which unfortunately isn’t the way he would like to be perceived.[/size]
[size=medium]And as for having a sense of humour, I think many Headfiers are having a laugh at some of the statements in this thread; I know I have.[/size]

May I ask you kindly why you seem to hate the guy with passion?

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #620 of 631

Quote:
May I ask you kindly why you seem to hate the guy with passion?

I don't hate the guy at all, I don't even know him.  He makes some ridiculous statements, contradicts himself, and does his fair share of attacking others, I simply have challenged some of his statements in an attempt to get him to see things from other people's perspective, but alas like so many others on this thread -fail.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #622 of 631

Quote:
I don't hate the guy at all, I don't even know him.  He makes some ridiculous statements, contradicts himself, and does his fair share of attacking others, I simply have challenged some of his statements in an attempt to get him to see things from other people's perspective, but alas like so many others on this thread -fail.

What I mostly saw was that he got attacked personally for criticizing a headphone. Then, you join in on the name calling - as usual.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #623 of 631
This thread sums up what Head-fi has a devolved into since I joined 6 years ago.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #625 of 631

Quote:
The thread ballooned into a viper pit due to users like you who are known trolls and have had many of their posts removed in other threads.

Context: The only posts removed (of a number of users) were in a single thread and because you whined to the proctor you were mistreated.  Remember, many of your posts were removed as well.  Does that make you a "troll?"
tongue.gif

Quote:
The thread started as my view alone and turned into a Snobs paradise, a place for tons of users to misquote me and tell me how wrong I am because my views do not reflect their own.

All threads originate with the opinions or questions of the OP.  They become whatever people want to express, agreeing or not agreeing with the OP as each opines apropos.  This is the very nature of conversation.  You cannot complain that others disagree with your opening premise.  However, misquoting (unfairly editing a quote or deliberate manipulation of language) is never appropriate. 

BTW, you were going to stop posting, as well as delete this thread.  Will you honor your word?  Killing off this thread would be a wonderful start.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #629 of 631

Quote:
This thread sums up what Head-fi has a devolved into since I joined 6 years ago.

Thanks for the support Wind.  If you read back a page or two, you will see how much of a liar guys like this are and how they are really here to troll my thread. In this thread Head Fi stopped being Head Fi and became Snob Fi.  The first negative review of the LCD2 that sparked a very collective viper pit of users who felt the need to tell me my view is wrong and theirs is absolutely right, insult me and bash me for answering their questions honestly.  Became a place for emotionally disturbed users who bash me for my views to justify their own purchase and nothing more. They can call me as many names as they want and make sure to tell me my view is absolutely wrong and theirs is right...they still purchased a $900 set of headphones that isn't as well rounded as the HE500, came with a craptastic cable, no removable earpds, required too much power to sound its best in today's super efficient tech market all while looking super goofy on your noggin'.   

Anywho, If users like Wapati who have been reprimanded multiple times by the admins here actually wants me to stop posting.  I will happily do so. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #630 of 631

Quote:
Thanks for the support Wind.  If you read back a page or two, you will see how much of a liar guys like this are and how they are really here to troll my thread. In this thread Head Fi stopped being Head Fi and became Snob Fi.  The first negative review of the LCD2 that sparked a very collective viper pit of users who felt the need to tell me my view is wrong and theirs is absolutely right, insult me and bash me for answering their questions honestly.  Became a place for emotionally disturbed users who bash me for my views to justify their own purchase and nothing more. They can call me as many names as they want and make sure to tell me my view is absolutely wrong and theirs is right...they still purchased a $900 set of headphones that isn't as well rounded as the HE500, came with a craptastic cable, no removable earpds, required too much power to sound its best in today's super efficient tech market all while looking super goofy on your noggin'.   

Anywho, If users like Wapati who have been reprimanded multiple times by the admins here actually wants me to stop posting.  I will happily do so. 

I like your attitude but at this point, this thread has become a pissing contest, which is stupid as well as useless.  I respect your opinion of the LCD-2 as it happens to coincide with mine.  I love to be validated but now I await your evaluation of the HE500 because that would actually be interesting, I think.  Right now I'm enjoying my new PS500's but unfortunately for my wallette, I'm always open to other cans of merit if I can weasel them into my so-called "budget".
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back