Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #3,931 of 4,373
I would love to be able to advise you, but there are so many factors to consider that it is difficult. All of the headphones you mentioned sound very good, I have heard/owned a few of them on the list, but not all. I say trust your instincts and just get one and see how it works out. I think the DT 770 would be my least favourite on the list as it is not really that portable, although I used it as my portable with an E12 amp for over a year. I like the PM3 and the H7 out of the list, but that is because I know them. I would think either of those a safe bet, but only you will know from experience. The Audeze Sine sounds like an interesting option, but I have no idea what the EU price is going to be, it is $449 US without the Cipher cable.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,932 of 4,373
  I would love to be able to advise you, but there are so many factors to consider that it is difficult. All of the headphones you mentioned sound very good, I have heard/owned a few of them on the list, but not all. I say trust your instincts and just get one and see how it works out. I think the DT 770 would be my least favourite on the list as it is not really that portable, although I used it as my portable with an E12 amp for over a year. I like the PM3 and the H7 out of the list, but that is because I know them. I would think either of those a safe bet, but only you will know from experience. The Audeze Sine sounds like an interesting option, but I have no idea what the EU price is going to be, it is $449 US without the Cipher cable.

unfortunately you can not hear, it's like a lottery, I do not know whether to be cautious, buying something cheap and quality as m50x or h25-I or II dt770pro these so that they can spend freely in the future, or go directly oppo pm3 ones best reviewed 360 degrees
In any case, thanks for the advice!

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #3,933 of 4,373
  ^ Absolutely loving the B&O H7 so far. I think I prefer it to the PM3 as it is more detailed. This is Bluetooth and just a few weeks back I was using a DP-X1 balanced to the PM3 so it was a solid chain, but I am easily enjoying the H7 Bluetooth from a smartphone (LG G3) just as much. Hard to get your head around, but so far, based on this result for portable use in my scenario I see little if any advantage to using an expensive DAP or even a wired headphone (although wired does give you more power and different combinations).

I wonder how much different if you compare H6 vs H7 in terms of sound quality (more like a wired vs wireless)? Did you manage to get a side-by-side testing?

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,934 of 4,373
H6 is on sale in amazon.de today for 199 EURO. Such a bargain! 

I have not heard PM3, but if you are thinking of P7, you should seriously consider H6/7/8, for my me it is better than P7 overall and much more comfortable.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #3,935 of 4,373

I wonder how much different if you compare H6 vs H7 in terms of sound quality (more like a wired vs wireless)? Did you manage to get a side-by-side testing?

No, I wasn't interested in a wired headphone. I read enough impressions from those who did compare them and it seemed universal that people thought the H7 improved on both the H6 and H8. I briefly listened to the H7 wired, but not enough to have any opinion.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,936 of 4,373
  I am not particularly fascinated by the bluetooth on the headset for three basic reasons:
1) I'm afraid in a sound performance never like corded headsets
2) temno the difficulty in finding replacement batteries, and the battery is something that goes through time consuming
3) I sold an apple watch because I did not have a device that emits waves at the wrist, let alone the head.
said this h6 should be equal but with wire .... considers the best b & w p7 and oppo pm3?

Actually pretty much all bluetooth headphones I've heard/owned are pretty much indiscernible (or very close) from wired headphones. They include the UE9000, Purosound BT5200, Solo 2 Wireless and now the XTZ Divine. I wouldn't worry about that. The added bonus of going wireless on the go is very good as you won't have to worry about your chord getting caught on things as you move around. But you are correct, you will need to make sure that the battery is fully charged before you leave.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,937 of 4,373
I keep the cable inside my shirt going down to my trouser pocket which prevents it from catching on things. Works pretty well!

I haven't tried any new bluetooth headphones for a while but my only real complaints were average battery life and they could occasionally be a bit unreliable in keeping a signal. The sound quality was honestly pretty damn close to wired. Close enough that I'd get a bluetooth set for the convenience if the other issues I have with them get minimised or fixed.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #3,938 of 4,373
^ The H7 has an estimated battery life of 20 hours and the connection is rock solid stable and I'm sure there are other great performers out there. I think you need to get into the current upper tier of Bluetooth headphones to find the really solid implementations, but once you are there they are solid. I know I can accommodate wires, I just don't know why I would do so any more? I guess there will be some great sound signatures I'll have to pass on, but there seems to be an ever growing selection of quality Bluetooth options available. Good time for those of us who want to cut the cord so to speak.

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #3,939 of 4,373
  I keep the cable inside my shirt going down to my trouser pocket which prevents it from catching on things. Works pretty well!

Sorry, but that's not the same as the complete freedom that bluetooth offers. I've tried that too. Battery life ranges for different headphones.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #3,940 of 4,373
  Sorry, but that's not the same as the complete freedom that bluetooth offers. I've tried that too. Battery life ranges for different headphones.

For sure, I'm now so used to walking around my place listening to music without dragging the source around that it feels normal. And as you intonated, I can't hear any difference in terms of wired versus wireless. What do you think, can you see Bluetooth being the norm for portable within five years? I'm starting to think it will be less than five years.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,942 of 4,373
boys I did it! I ordered a couple of Oppo PM-3 .... never spent so much money on a pair of headphones (even if I got close with B & W p7 400 €!) - If you play without fail me will be money that will bless! In any If the policy on the return of the seller is not easy like that of amazon, so I think I'll keep them anyway. Now I can not wait to be able to test these much vaunted headphones .... hopefully good ......! Thank you all for the advice!

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,944 of 4,373
boys I did it! I ordered a couple of Oppo PM-3 .... never spent so much money on a pair of headphones (even if I got close with B & W p7 400 €!) - If you play without fail me will be money that will bless! In any If the policy on the return of the seller is not easy like that of amazon, so I think I'll keep them anyway. Now I can not wait to be able to test these much vaunted headphones .... hopefully good ......! Thank you all for the advice!

Congratulations you won't be disappointed, but make sure you use a good quality source. A smartphone won't be enough to make it shine at its best.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,945 of 4,373
ok, I know that the source is important, and I'll try to find something that gives the possibility to pm3 to express at high levels. I only have one small regret .... not having tried nad HP50. there is a site that defines superior to PM3 and the b & w p7! but aesthetically they not riscontavano my consent. too shiny plastic. a horror ... I trust in oppo build quality that being Chinese .... does not inspire me particularly confident about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back