Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Mar 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,916 of 4,373
Just got the P7 in a few minutes ago. Love the bass is the first thing that comes to mind (it doesn't impede on the mids). I need more time to listen and I will have some more thoughts later.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #3,918 of 4,373
Oppos are even more detailed but at the same time have a relaxed sound.  The mids on the Oppo is really addictive. But at the same time I don't think is a heaven and earth difference.  If you are happy with the P7s don't think there is a need on the PM-3.  But if you are like many of us here and can't hold your curiosity you can always order PM-3s with 30 day return policy and compare yourself.  

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #3,919 of 4,373
  I dunno, I tried the h6 again 2 days ago and I didn't really find the bass punchy at all. It was just a touch too weak for my tastes. I was coming from my oppo pm-3's but I've heard the 1a's quite a few times now. It is less controlled than the h6 but I think it has a bit more punch as well. 

2 possible reasons:
1. You really need a lot of bass
2. Did you drive the H6 with a good amp? Also, the music you play, is it a good source/good recording?

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #3,920 of 4,373
I'm not sure that the 1As were very punchy to my ears. They did have a fair amount of bass, but it seemed to me that a decent amount of it was mid bass emphasis with some control issues. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but punchy? Not sure, but it has been a while since I owned them so perhaps me memory is a little off.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3,921 of 4,373
No, I meant the H6 is punchy for my ears, solid and well controlled, but also provided you have a good source.

The 1A is not punchy for me, it does has more bass, but certainly no way punchy and solid, kind of loss control of bass...

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #3,922 of 4,373
  No, I meant the H6 is punchy for my ears, solid and well controlled, but also provided you have a good source.

The 1A is not punchy for me, it does has more bass, but certainly no way punchy and solid, kind of loss control of bass...

I was actually addressing the person you were responding to, but I was too lazy to go back a page and find them to quote!

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #3,923 of 4,373
I have taken the first step: I returned to p7, I have a good nest egg that you can reinvest in a closed cuff from excellent audio performance. I do not care much the aspect of "lifestyle" but a lot of substance, would carry it with me always in my backpack to listen to music and in the evening to watch movies while his girlfriend is sleeping, as previously written love clean sounds, defined, airy and Detailed , supported by low there, but not prominent and chaotic. since it will always be with me should be robust. which deemed most suitable model ?! thank you so much! (The source would be an amplifier at home, and then iPhone and iPad)

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #3,924 of 4,373
^ Absolutely loving the B&O H7 so far. I think I prefer it to the PM3 as it is more detailed. This is Bluetooth and just a few weeks back I was using a DP-X1 balanced to the PM3 so it was a solid chain, but I am easily enjoying the H7 Bluetooth from a smartphone (LG G3) just as much. Hard to get your head around, but so far, based on this result for portable use in my scenario I see little if any advantage to using an expensive DAP or even a wired headphone (although wired does give you more power and different combinations).

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #3,925 of 4,373
  ^ Absolutely loving the B&O H7 so far. I think I prefer it to the PM3 as it is more detailed. This is Bluetooth and just a few weeks back I was using a DP-X1 balanced to the PM3 so it was a solid chain, but I am easily enjoying the H7 Bluetooth from a smartphone (LG G3) just as much. Hard to get your head around, but so far, based on this result for portable use in my scenario I see little if any advantage to using an expensive DAP or even a wired headphone (although wired does give you more power and different combinations).

I am not particularly fascinated by the bluetooth on the headset for three basic reasons:
1) I'm afraid in a sound performance never like corded headsets
2) temno the difficulty in finding replacement batteries, and the battery is something that goes through time consuming
3) I sold an apple watch because I did not have a device that emits waves at the wrist, let alone the head.
said this h6 should be equal but with wire .... considers the best b & w p7 and oppo pm3?

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #3,926 of 4,373
  I am not particularly fascinated by the bluetooth on the headset for three basic reasons:
1) I'm afraid in a sound performance never like corded headsets
2) temno the difficulty in finding replacement batteries, and the battery is something that goes through time consuming
3) I sold an apple watch because I did not have a device that emits waves at the wrist, let alone the head.
said this h6 should be equal but with wire .... considers the best b & w p7 and oppo pm3?

You are wrong, Bluetooth sounds amazing. I owned the PM3 and I'm telling you over Bluetooth I actually think I like the H7 more. The battery is replaceable with very common batteries. The range is excellent, I leave my phone in the kitchen and can walk to the bathroom about 30 feet away, through a closed door and experience no change in the signal. What is wrong with that?

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,927 of 4,373
I use portable in public transit situations, and there were many times when my headphone cable would get caught on a bus seat, or on another passenger. Most recently, and what finally convinced me to get rid of cables was an incident with my PM3. I had just had a very nice custom cable made for the PM3 so I could go balanced with my DP-X1. One day I'm walking in a crush of students as we were all getting off a train to get to class when a guy cuts in front of me and quickly moves on. My nice expensive cable got yanked right out of the cup on the PM3. Lucky there was no ill effect, but easily there could have been damage. That decided things for me, I was sick of worrying about cables, just sick of it.

Even when I was walking with the DAP in a pocket I was constantly having to adjust the position of the DAP to relieve strain on the cable. It was constant work to accommodate a cable. So when I switched to Bluetooth I fully expected this big drop in sound quality that I was going to have to live with. Well, no, I don't really notice much if any drop in quality, but I sure as hell noticed being free of a cable and the extra freedom of selling an expensive DAP I no longer needed. That allowed me to have three decent sets of headphones for the cost of one DAP, one portable amp sold (E12) and one wired headphone sold.

I also bought a Bluetooth adapter for my computer so I now have JRiver on my couch with no wire running across the floor or to get tangled when I stood up. I even go to the kitchen to make a snack and my headphones come with me! Try that with a cable. All I'm saying is this assumption people havew that Bluetooth sounds bad or not even as good is based on the past. I will tell you right here, I will bet in five years, if not sooner, Bluetooth will dominate portable headphones from all companies and wired will be the exception not the rule. We may even see some flagship headphones for home use go Bluetooth. Just sayin, don't close your mind and assume Bluetooth isn't capable of high quality sound.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,928 of 4,373
  You are wrong, Bluetooth sounds amazing. I owned the PM3 and I'm telling you over Bluetooth I actually think I like the H7 more. The battery is replaceable with very common batteries. The range is excellent, I leave my phone in the kitchen and can walk to the bathroom about 30 feet away, through a closed door and experience no change in the signal. What is wrong with that?

hey man, I did not want to offend you, indeed! I explained what I had read about. I know the bluetooth can not guarantee quality as a wired connection, but if you say it is not so (to your ears) I believe, although I have not seen many opinions like yours around! as well as the available batteries, not knowing which model, I was afraid that they were batteries for the change was necessary to send the headphones to the parent company ..
Obviously about the convenience is obvious that a wireless headset leaves you ample opportunity to go!
pease and love, we are united by the same passion!

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3,929 of 4,373
  hey man, I did not want to offend you, indeed! I explained what I had read about. I know the bluetooth can not guarantee quality as a wired connection, but if you say it is not so (to your ears) I believe, although I have not seen many opinions like yours around! as well as the available batteries, not knowing which model, I was afraid that they were batteries for the change was necessary to send the headphones to the parent company ..
Obviously about the convenience is obvious that a wireless headset leaves you ample opportunity to go!
pease and love, we are united by the same passion!

You didn't offend me at all, I'm sorry if my reply made it seem otherwise. Get ready to hear more such opinions as Bluetooth has turned a corner. Even Audeze said they would be willing to make their new portable Sine with a Bluetooth option if the demand was there, and some people are asking. Follow this thread for a while. I just sent Macedonianhero my Divine Bluetooth headphone for him to listen to. He may not like it as much as I and others do, who knows, but he might. So no worries mate, you didn't offend me at all. I'm just on a mission to help overcome the stigma attached to Bluetooth audio as I actually feel it will be a service to people to know they have options. I do feel bad as it may in time affect those who make custom cables, but that is speculating wildly so I won't go there (yet).

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,930 of 4,373
  You didn't offend me at all, I'm sorry if my reply made it seem otherwise. Get ready to hear more such opinions as Bluetooth has turned a corner. Even Audeze said they would be willing to make their new portable Sine with a Bluetooth option if the demand was there, and some people are asking. Follow this thread for a while. I just sent Macedonianhero my Divine Bluetooth headphone for him to listen to. He may not like it as much as I and others do, who knows, but he might. So no worries mate, you didn't offend me at all. I'm just on a mission to help overcome the stigma attached to Bluetooth audio as I actually feel it will be a service to people to know they have options. I do feel bad as it may in time affect those who make custom cables, but that is speculating wildly so I won't go there (yet).

OK all clear! in the large company already effects are trying to push the bluetooth technology, he thinks that it comes to an iphone 7 no headphone jack!
and I believe that soon we will have many devices that can convert the cable signal into bluetooth, otherwise many amplifiers with three zero would be cut off from the world! well .... I will continue my search ....
I noticed that here in Europe the costs are higher than in america
unable to listen live all models I rely on reviews and forums, and I came to these my preferences, I hope you can tell me something also about the price difference, that even if subjective, imagining a balance can still help!
I listened momentum 2 over ear, and b & w p7 for me the p7 sound quality was much higher, but they are not particularly convinced of the average management, and the thud of the bass, I love the bass, but as I love the salt in the sauce, too it hurts!
but the "audio product" finished p7 I is considerably higher than that of m2.
between m2 and p 7 in Europe currently there are 130 euro difference, quite justifiable imho .... what do you think?
But now come to 400 euro (p7), I think that this figure you can look around more seriously and therefore appear:
denon MM400, master & dynamic mh40, B & O h6 / h7, and Oppo pm3
all they are running from p7 of 70 euro at most (I found oppo to 470 EUR)
but then I hear around the soundstage bayerdynamic dt 770 80 ohms, of his soundstage, and I see that here costs 150 euro.
I do not know if my bearings on m2 aiming to balance quality / price or consider other solutions?
Now, you as a friend, what would you recommend me?
from an audio point of view you as you advise me of all the proposed models?
and quality / price ratio?
if you do not help me more noise !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back