[Comparison] ATH-CK10 vs UE TF10 (Lots of pics...56k Warning!)
Jan 18, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #46 of 100
Oh wow! Other people that actually own these phones (CK10)! I was under the impression that I was one of the only guys here who owned one. The reason I left Head-fi and it's insanity is because of how much I love my CK10. It's like the perfect earphone.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of any particularly good amp pairings for this phone. I'm looking to bring the bass out a bit without hurting the mids or highs. Thanks.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #47 of 100
I love how it sounds with the AMP 3. Crystal clear, great detail, good solid bass. I think it has great synergy with that little amp.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #48 of 100
I would like to know: how is isolation (with the right tip)? Say compared to IE8 and/or other phones like UE 5pros...
I really like my IE8 but I am seriously considering these (Geeze!, thanks, head-fi
tongue.gif
)
for a neutral sounding, and isolating phone.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #49 of 100
When worn over-the-ear and with well-sealing tips (Sony Hybrids or de-cored Olives for me) the isolation is outstanding as all of the nozzle and a part of the housing ends up inside my ear. Not Ety ER4 level of isolation but about 80% of the way there.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #51 of 100
X2 on the isolation. When worn properly, you get excellent isolation.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #53 of 100
With tips that fit and using the proper angle they go in quite deep.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #54 of 100
Just added a section on eartips for the CK10. Will add more tips along the way. Still waiting on my Sony Hybrids...

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very tempted by the CK10s. How deep do they go into the ear cannal (compared to the Shures)?

Thanks

The entire tip is inside my ear when the CK10 is worn over-the-ear. The only Shure I have tried was the SCL4, which was a bit uncomfortable with their stock tips (Much better with Klipsch gel tips). The CK10 goes in slightly deeper since the housing is smaller compared to the SCL4.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #55 of 100
I've read enough. I just listed my extra pair of TF10s (already have one custom pair from Fisher) on ebay to finance the purchase of the CK10s. Sound like a perfect addition to my collection. No need to have two TF10s, for sure. And sounds very much like the new ThinkSound Rain that arrived yesterday. If the CK10s are what they seem here (and the Amp3 note from Vorlon was the over the top post), then I may sell off the Rain and the backup pair of Cyclone Pro I I have on hand, and that will more than cover the $200 cost of the CK10 from newegg.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #56 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read enough. I just listed my extra pair of TF10s (already have one custom pair from Fisher) on ebay to finance the purchase of the CK10s. Sound like a perfect addition to my collection. No need to have two TF10s, for sure. And sounds very much like the new ThinkSound Rain that arrived yesterday. If the CK10s are what they seem here (and the Amp3 note from Vorlon was the over the top post), then I may sell off the Rain and the backup pair of Cyclone Pro I I have on hand, and that will more than cover the $200 cost of the CK10 from newegg.

I agree strongly that you should buy them as quickly as possibly, tstarn06! How else will I know how they compare to the W2 and where to spend my $200...I was considering the CK10 but I hadn't seen the price at newegg. Sweet.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #57 of 100
I remember finding on some Asian forum last year about someone changing the filter/damper on these. If I remember correctly, they replaced the white one with a green one...? I tried to find the site again today but no luck. I did come across something interesting though...

Blue filters/dampers?
2008612162753672.jpg

Site: Google Translate

I wonder how this affects the sound, if at all?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #59 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree strongly that you should buy them as quickly as possibly, tstarn06! How else will I know how they compare to the W2 and where to spend my $200...I was considering the CK10 but I hadn't seen the price at newegg. Sweet.

They are purchased from newegg, and if they are not up to expectations, back they go. Either way, I will still sell the TF10s and keep the Rain, which are excellent detail-based IEMs for the money.

Some say the CK10s are bass lite, but I guess I have to hear it for myself. This would make a nice collection: Custom TF10s, W2s, CK10s and PR1 Pros. Perfect quartet, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back