[Comparison] ATH-CK10 vs UE TF10 (Lots of pics...56k Warning!)
Jan 12, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #18 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HONEYBOY, would you agree with AwakenedBeing's assessment that the CK10 is more detailed with better instrument separation than the TF10?

Not that you asked me, but the CK10 is far more detailed with better instrument separation than the TF10. In addition, it is one of the clearest, yet non-harsh and very musical sounding IEMs I have heard. Comparing them to my Ety 4 Ps, for example, they actually have slightly more detail, but no harshness, and a very sweet crystal clear treble, and a nice bass, much more than an Ety produces. They just are really balanced and so clear you can really hear all the instruments including the background ones. I was very surprised at the clarity and natural sound these produce with so much un-etched sounding detail.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #20 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that you asked me, but the CK10 is far more detailed with better instrument separation than the TF10. In addition, it is one of the clearest, yet non-harsh and very musical sounding IEMs I have heard. Comparing them to my Ety 4 Ps, for example, they actually have slightly more detail, but no harshness, and a very sweet crystal clear treble, and a nice bass, much more than an Ety produces. They just are really balanced and so clear you can really hear all the instruments including the background ones. I was very surprised at the clarity and natural sound these produce with so much un-etched sounding detail.

This is the reason I got rid of both the RE0 and ER-4S and kept the CK10. The same level of detail as the ER-4S in the mids and RE0 in the treble but much sweeter-sounding and smoother, with a wider stage and excellent instrumental separation/positioning. My TF10s and RE252s may be next on the chopping block, actually.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP,

What source did you use for the review? Do you use an amp?

Sources were the iPhone 3G, Meizu M6, and straight out of my computer. Songs were mainly 320kps MP3s and some AAC from iTunes. This was all unamped.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #22 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sources were the iPhone 3G, Meizu M6, and straight out of my computer. Songs were mainly 320kps MP3s and some AAC from iTunes. This was all unamped.

Actually I got the Triple Fi from Amazon too recently.

At first, I tried it straight out of my IPhone 3G, the mids are muffled and bass is overwhelming. I was totally dissapointed.

After connecting it to Corda 3Move, the mids improve a lot and the bass becomes tight. IMHO, the Triple Fis do improve if using an amp.

Although I never have a chance to try CK10, but based on all the reviews and your writeups, I am convinced to get one!

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #26 of 100
Nice review.
And,would like to ask to Shigzeo,or anyone who owns/heard both ck10 and sa6,
how does sleek audio sa6 performs compared to ck10 ?
Thanks !

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #27 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks vorlon1, I appreciate your comments. I am tempted to try the CK10's. However, I've just read the OP's updated comparative comments and they're not compelling. The CK10 doesn't appear to be doing all that much better than the TF10, apart from vocals (which, I don't listen to much of) and build quality. I note that the OP reserves his most enthusiastic descriptions for the TF10's sound signature, which appears to be more engaging.

Now if the CK10 does have superior instrument separation, details and transparency than the TF10, then I'm interested. If it really is a BA alternative to the REO with a similar neutral presentation and is easier to drive unamped, then I'm very interested.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #28 of 100
Way too much reading 'bout these lately. Vorlon1, I hope I agree with your assessment of these IEMs, as I've purchased a pair from newegg for 202, shipped.

Not a bad price, indeed.

Now the waiting begins.

Ciao,

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #29 of 100
Quote:

Thanks vorlon1, I appreciate your comments. I am tempted to try the CK10's. However, I've just read the OP's updated comparative comments and they're not compelling. The CK10 doesn't appear to be doing all that much better than the TF10, apart from vocals (which, I don't listen to much of) and build quality. I note that the OP reserves his most enthusiastic descriptions for the TF10's sound signature, which appears to be more engaging.

Now if the CK10 does have superior instrument separation, details and transparency than the TF10, then I'm interested. If it really is a BA alternative to the REO with a similar neutral presentation and is easier to drive unamped, then I'm very interested.

I should be getting my hands on the RE0 this weekend to test out more from Hung0702.
wink_face.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #30 of 100
Quote:

If it really is a BA alternative to the REO with a similar neutral presentation and is easier to drive unamped, then I'm very interested.

Yes, that's basically what it is but with slightly smoothed-over treble and a wider stage compared to the RE0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back