CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Aug 11, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #556 of 775
Barra comin’ through for our friends to the North!

amazing.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #557 of 775
Hey all, we have gotten an influx of HEADFI members from Canada that are interested in joining our tours. We have permission from VE to extend our tours to our new Canadian members at the end of the US segment. I am hoping that there is enough interest that we can expand our tours going forward. However, right now this is a case by case depending on the manufacturer. In the meantime, please welcome our new Canadian members. :)

Also a warm welcome from us to all head-fiers from Canada 🇨🇦

We are really happy that this community is so vivid and cooperative and makes this possible.

Also a huge thank you to @Barra , for taking the extra work that comes with organizing this!

We are looking forward to your comments and feedback.

All the best from Cologne/ Germany,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Aug 13, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #559 of 775
Eve20 tour IEMs just arrived. Eve is a lively woman! I posted my initial thoughts on her in the Flinkenick thread.

Eve20 is a well tuned IEM for the price range that it sits!

IMG_0833.jpg

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #560 of 775
Eve20 tour IEMs just arrived. Eve is a lively woman! I posted my initial thoughts on her in the Flinkenick thread.

Eve20 is a well tuned IEM for the price range that it sits!

I agree, given the tech inside Eve compared to even VE8 or Elysium, and not to say Erlkonig. I would say Eve is probably the one of best, if not the best tuned iem I have heard given the limitation of the tech inside. The tuning is like a marriage between VE8 and Elysium, and the kid is Eve. It's subtle and dynamic, great bass, clarity and resolution, has mids like Elysium but not overdone, doesn't sound like a wall of sound hitting at same time like VE8. Its probably best in its class performance given the price.

I really like Eve which is extremely surprising, given I have very low expectation for it. Honestly, I was just trying to hear Eve so I can laugh at it. But I can't believe what I hear. Eve is very well baked, top notch 'affordable' iem that sounds just right. Maybe its synergy, but I would encourage everyone to hear Eve, its that special

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #563 of 775
West Coast VE8/Elysium Package is ready for next tour participant. PM has been sent and address received - awaiting address confirmation. Expected to ship on Monday.

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #566 of 775
EVE20 is my least favorite of the VE lineup. Seems to have the smallest sound stage (which isn't a bad thing) and a thinner mid-range than both the Elysium and VE8. I didnt even look at the price but i hope its between $800-1400... Anyway, the EVE20 has good macro details. Kick drums punch nice. However, that damn 5k spike blows my ear drums out on certain recordings. Cymbal crashes pierce, snare hits become crackling deafening harshness. Its the major downfall of this brand imo because i really loved the midrange of both the Elysium and VE8. So far every VE iem has this issue for me i am banking the Erlky will, too (FR Graph).

Gun to head i would take the VE8. I enjoyed its overall presentation and has a very similiar sounding (lovely) mid-range found on the Elysium. Bump up the upper-treble details, lower that 5kish spike and that thing would be more of a monster.

l

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #567 of 775
I live on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada and would like to participate in the VE Canadian Tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I have joined AUDIOTIERS, subscribed to the tour announcements, and applied for tour membership.

Aug 23, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #568 of 775
“I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and would like to participate in the VE Canadian Tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I have joined AUDIOTIERS, subscribed to the tour announcements, and applied for tour membership.”

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #569 of 775
20200826_115715.jpg

Received the EVE20 from @Precogvision today. I wasn't sure if I should post this on here or on the new site, so I'll just do this here for now.

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #570 of 775
I think the VE tour is still being managed on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back