Closed cans for under 700$
Oct 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zwitt

New Head-Fier
I listen to everything really rock metal rap techno and country. I have the ultrasone hid 580 and want something with tighter bass a little more colorful mids and a brighter treble I will also be needing a portable amp so If you could suggest one as well that would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
Any other cans you could suggest

Sorry Its hard for me to think of a closed can in that price range besides those. Maybe the beyerdynamic t70p? I know the t80s are coming out soon. I have only heard the d7000s though. as for a decent portable amp the fiio e17 or O2 amp work well for around 150 dollars. Best portable amp in the price range until you get to the 500-700 dollar range for an amp/dac. Sorry I could not help more. Maybe someone who knows of more closed cans might help.

cheers

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 11
What about the Pro900? if you want to stay in the ultrasone line. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 11
I listen to everything really rock metal rap techno and country. I have the ultrasone hid 580 and want something with tighter bass a little more colorful mids and a brighter treble I will also be needing a portable amp so If you could suggest one as well that would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Well I had planned to apend about 500 for an amp as well could you think of any close cans for around 400 to 500 I want the beAt closed can I can get as open just isn't practical atm

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 11
Sorry Its hard for me to think of a closed can in that price range besides those. Maybe the beyerdynamic t70p? I know the t80s are coming out soon. I have only heard the d7000s though. as for a decent portable amp the fiio e17 or O2 amp work well for around 150 dollars. Best portable amp in the price range until you get to the 500-700 dollar range for an amp/dac. Sorry I could not help more. Maybe someone who knows of more closed cans might help.

cheers

Well I had planned to apend about 500 for an amp as well could you think of any close cans for around 400 to 500 I want the beAt closed can I can get as open just isn't practical atm

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Have you thought about getting the amp first?  I'm not familiar with your current headphones, unfortunately, but
it is entirely possible that a good amp might tighten the bass.  And if you spend a bit more on the amp, you
might find it gives the music extra drive up and down the gamut.  And there's something to be said about
spending as much as you can on a single component.  The idea there is if you went up to 600 or 700 on
a top flight portable amp, that might be a purchase you'd continue to be excited about for years to come.
Just a thought.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 11
Have you thought about getting the amp first?  I'm not familiar with your current headphones, unfortunately, but
it is entirely possible that a good amp might tighten the bass.  And if you spend a bit more on the amp, you
might find it gives the music extra drive up and down the gamut.  And there's something to be said about
spending as much as you can on a single component.  The idea there is if you went up to 600 or 700 on
a top flight portable amp, that might be a purchase you'd continue to be excited about for years to come.
Just a thought.

I was planning on buying an amp that would best suit the new headphones I'm getting a portable amp that might bring the mids forward while lowering the bass if I decided on the pro900 or the audio technical ath1000 I've got a little more than a grand to spend on a new set up

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Heya,

Fiio E17 with a Denon D5000 or D600. Alternatively, an AudioTechnica A900X or Beyer DT770 premium 250ohm.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back