Clip+ sounds better than the Classic
Aug 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
About a month ago I would of said similar, though after spending a lot of time with both I prefer the Cowon even flat. It makes me question how flat the Clip+ actually is flat or 'normal' as the player puts it. I don't use much EQ, only a slight adjustment to the lift treble, some BBE and a small amount of Mach3bass, done.
See how the Clip+ sounds then, next to a Cowon.
smile.gif
Clip+ might sound clearer on normal, but how about the bass texture, separation and dynamics, the actual soundstage width etc etc... There's many factors to look at when comparing them and to be honest although I love the Clip+ it lacks in area's unfortunately imo. It doesn't have that professional take on music I get from Cowon. Doesn't stop me loving it for what it is though.

When you stated "Clip+ might sound clearer on normal", do you mean comparing the Clip+ to a Cowon flat?  
The Clip sounds clearer with more details Vs. my iphone 4 and Classic. 

When owning an Apple product, there is always store, phone and internet after sales support. What after sales support does Cowon provide?

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 28
When you stated "Clip+ might sound clearer on normal", do you mean comparing the Clip+ to a Cowon flat?  
The Clip sounds clearer with more details Vs. my iphone 4 and Classic. 

When owning an Apple product, there is always store, phone and internet after sales support. What after sales support does Cowon provide?

Yeah, both EQ's flat the Clip+ sounds brighter where as the Cowon S9 shows warmth.

I'm not sure on Cowon support I've never had to use it. You'd need to read up on it.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:
About a month ago I would of said similar, though after spending a lot of time with both I prefer the Cowon even flat. It makes me question how flat the Clip+ actually is flat or 'normal' as the player puts it. I don't use much EQ, only a slight adjustment to the lift treble, some BBE and a small amount of Mach3bass, done.
See how the Clip+ sounds then, next to a Cowon.
smile.gif
Clip+ might sound clearer on normal, but how about the bass texture, separation and dynamics, the actual soundstage width etc etc... There's many factors to look at when comparing them and to be honest although I love the Clip+ it lacks in area's unfortunately imo. It doesn't have that professional take on music I get from Cowon. Doesn't stop me loving it for what it is though.

So you're running the Clip+ on the original firmware?  

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #20 of 28
Sep 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #21 of 28
I own a Sansa Clip+, it's a really nice little player, with really clear sound. I always like to listen music as it's originaly made, without using any EQ. And the most surpisingly thing for me it's the "waiting time" when changing track. It's almost nothing, like Winamp. I never seen something like that before.

But it's may have some negative like the low frequency response, it's not completely flat, what what is (except when is digital). But i really don't think, that the human ear really can notice the difference above 30-20Hz.

(it's not about the sansa, but i made some research with RMAA with my clip+ and with my LG KM900 phone, and the LG had much lower THD. Someone else made some test with that phone?)

May 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #22 of 28
This is very intersting. I'm a happy owner of the Clip+.
For a couple of months I could not make my Clip+ sound good, but finally
- after hesitating and not being sure whether I should push it harder -
I've inserted my Sennheiser HD 595's plug all the way in  and voila the Clip+ sounds good.

I'm really surprised that the Clip+ beats iPods in terms of  sound quality.

I'd like to try  a Cowon dap which sounds better than the Clip+. Which one?

May 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #23 of 28
I've never heard a clip but I've heard a fuze (not Rockboxed) and I have to say the Cowon D2 I have wins hands down. It also beats out the Sony S545 I have as well.

To me, as stated by someone else in this thread, the killer apps are BBE and Mach3Bass. No sound enhancement found on any other place Ive tried comes close.

Cowon also has a great EQ with adjustable bands. I like to tinker- so much music is recorded so many different ways and intended to be listened to on so many different devices I feel I need to tinker.

Back on topic - that being said I would still love to buy a Clip+ and will get one and rockbox it soon. I'm sure I can get it to sound to my liking as Rockbox has a lot of cool stuff to play with.

I do not like the Ipod Classic at all. No interest in owning one. Even the high capacity doesnt move me since its Hard drive based and I make life rough on my portable players. Dull and lifeless sounding with even with old school hip hop. How can old school hip hop ever sound dull and lifeless ?!??

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #24 of 28
I keep hearing praises for clip+ when compared to iPod classic, but I'm still curious of how it compares to 5th gen and before.
I own the clip+, and I'm quite happy about the except for the battery life.
I'd want to know if it's justifiable to dig for a 5th gen for its higher capacity (80gb).

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #25 of 28
IMO new iPod Classic is better sounding than CLIP+ because it more clearer and louder than CLIP+, the original FUZE is awesome because no roll off in bass region and overall very crisp clear sounding(better than many iPods models).

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #26 of 28
I own a clip+ and a 1G and 2G ipod touch and I notice no difference in sound quality. I'm actually pretty skeptical of any claims that the clip+ sounds audibly better than an ipod unless you are using very low impedance IEMs in which case the low output impedance of the clip+ would be an advantage - although I'm not sure what the output impedance of the 7g ipod classic is. And in practice, the clip+ sometimes sounds MUCH worse because it makes internal audible noise when the cpu is used (when updating the database, for example).

To do a fair comparison between your 7G and clip+, you would need to do a blind listening test with the volume levels matched (not the settings, the actual volume). With any headphone at or above the stock ipod earbud impedance, I seriously doubt you will hear a difference.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 28
Hello friends.
I have a SONY NWZ-Z1060 - 32GB.
Got some photos of a (disassembly) of to realize it's quite easy to change the battery of the NWZ-Z1000 series.
These my photos, I can not see the CHIP NVIDIA Tegra 2 - 1GHz.
Anyone here have a photo NWZ-Z1060 disassembly that show the location of
[size=10.0pt]Mobile -  ARM Dual Cortex-A9[/size]
[size=9.0pt]NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 AP20H [/size]
[size=10.0pt]250 - 1GHz[/size]

Through photos, I spotted the following CHIPS:
SAMSUNG   KLMBG8FEJA
16GB of SAMSUNG KLMBG8FEJA-A001    ((Confirmed in picture))

Hynix - H8TBA00UOMLA - Hynix - SK  
DRAM LPDDR2  and the density is 4G => (512MB RAM)  (Confirmed in picture))

But the NVIDIA Tegra 2, I could not see in the pictures I have.
But the NVIDIA Tegra 2, I could not see in the pictures I have.
Could anyone help me?

Thank you.
I offer the photos I have, just ask me via => ottomoreira@terra.com.br

OttoSaraLe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back