Classical music discussion, what do you like?
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,411 of 2,850
Folder.jpg
Relaxing with mozart after a Tax work

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #1,420 of 2,850

Thanks for the video, I have not really paid much attention to Haydn's chamber music before. But having seen and heard Alina Ibramigova perform both Brahm's Violin Concerto and also Shostakovich's 3rd string quartet live with members of the SSO in Singapore recently,I am intertested to hear more from her.
I suppose these recordings will become availble from e-classical,com as 24/96 downloads?
Fresh on the heels of your post here I also found a raving review of her recent Hyperion recording of the Bach Violin Concertos over at Computer Audiophile.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,421 of 2,850
Thanks for the video, I have not really paid much attention to Haydn's chamber music before. But having seen and heard Alina Ibramigova perform both Brahm's Violin Concerto and also Shostakovich's 3rd string quartet live with members of the SSO in Singapore recently,I am intertested to hear more from her.
I suppose these recordings will become availble from e-classical,com as 24/96 downloads?
Fresh on the heels of your post here I also found a raving review of her recent Hyperion recording of the Bach Violin Concertos over at Computer Audiophile.

http://www.eclassical.com/haydn-sun-quartets-op20-nos-1-3-vol-1.html

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,423 of 2,850
Haydn's piano trios by the Beaux Arts trio, are superb. Really under-rated and often neglected too much. Just the right blend of melody and serenity. No wonder Mozart (and Beethoven to a lesser extent) was enamoured with Haydn's chamber pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back