Classical music discussion, what do you like?
Jan 8, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #2,839 of 2,850
Stravinsky - Duo Concertant - Dithyramb

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #2,843 of 2,850
Apple just bought BIS Records. Did not see that one coming.

Link
And that sucks, because they are going to force you to stream, and there will be no more CDs released or no more downloads in Preso classical website

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #2,844 of 2,850
And that sucks, because they are going to force you to stream, and there will be no more CDs released or no more downloads in Preso classical website
Robert von Bahr the founder and owner of BIS all these years,recently turned 80 and he and his GREAT label have served the Classical Music LPs, CD and since some years, also the hi res downloads scene very well for all in all 50 Years!
I wish him all the best and maybe,just maybe, the e.classical.com site will still sell BIS downloads from BIS's extensive back catalogue. But who knows?What if Apple has bought all rights?
Personally I will NOT buy an iPhone just to be able to listen to music.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #2,845 of 2,850
Robert von Bahr the founder and owner of BIS all these years,recently turned 80 and he and his GREAT label have served the Classical Music LPs, CD and downloads scene very well for 50 Years!
I wish him all well and maybe,just maybe, the e.classical.com site will still sell BIS downloads from BIS's extensive back catalogue. But who knows?What if Apple has bought all rights?
Personally I will NOT buy an iPhone just to be able to listen to music.
Cheers CC

I was having great hopes for them to finish the car, Philip Emanuel, Bach, solo keyboard, music project... it was cut short of it's final volumes (only 2 or 3 to have it finished)

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #2,846 of 2,850
Sometimes I hate my iPhone, but that doesn't have to do with the label purchase more because it doesn't register my touches right or bad touch gestures in safari causing it to jump all over.
Oh, and all the box invoice over the screen reader for the blind people unless not a little box with Siri that she say that I must unlock my phone to make a call. Just imagine that I am in an emergency and I want to call the ambulance or the police and Siri says first you must unlock your iPhone

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #2,847 of 2,850
I am currently enjoying an OG focal Utopia (2020 version)
I went to my audio shop to try it did you Topia 2022 and I didn't like it because I found it to be a little bit aggressive on the highs and in the upper meets abs warm with a bus presence that it didn't want to go, even with equalizer.

Regarsing Bis records the question remains is they are going to ask for example, Bristol classical to remove their back catalog. Do you know how I'll pull it is regarding this.

And if they are going to continue to record music, I am thinking it is going to be on the exclusive for a Apple MusAnd if they are going to continue to record music, I am thinking it is going to be only exclusive for Apple Music classical subscribers. That is what I find a bull.

I contacted miklos spanyi to see if she's going to continue to record the final volumes of this CPE Bach, solo keyboard, music, or he is going to stop, and if he's going to continue recording them if he's looking for another record label

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #2,848 of 2,850
BIS is definitely one of the best labels for classical, both for performances and sound quality. Hopefully, they continue to offer downloads on sites such as presto and eclassical.

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #2,849 of 2,850
Yeah, its hard for me to figure what Apple is thinking. I think they would be crazy if they took BIS off the market and only made it available on Apple Music. And that doesn't seem like an "Apple" move (and it is still on e.g. Presto today FWIW). Maybe Apple wants to get into the classical music business, and buying BIS would be a great way to do that. But why would anyone, esp. Apple want to get into the classical music business these days?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #2,850 of 2,850
I personally hate streaming services because you you don't have control of the music. I already had this problem with. Qobuz where I purchased some music, and suddenly, while browsing for it, it was gone. It was nowhere to be found.. in this case, I was lucky because I had purchased downloads and I had a back up on my hard drive so I could recover my files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back