Chord Mojo
Oct 12, 2015 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

NZheadcase

500+ Head-Fier
Just saw this online, and it seems like there's no thread for this yet. 

Could this be a leak of their "secretive new product" Shard Event on the 15th?

http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/products/mojo.html

Pricing is very interesting as well!

"US retail price $599."
"Canadian price $799."

If it's anywhere near Hugo level, then it might be a real good deal. Sure hope it's not a hoax. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #6 of 46

Cute, but if a baby were to be imaged under ultrasound with a Mojo, the device would appear strongly hyperechoic, with reverberation artifacts behind it, along with strong posterior attenuation. We would then become very worried and schedule emergency surgery for the baby with a foreign body. Just sayin'.
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #8 of 46
If my wife gives birth to this, we are flushing it.

oh man u made me laugh, i agree its ugly as hell

hello chord is that the ground breaking baby ur coming up with, it needs a plastic surgery if it is ????

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #10 of 46
No 6.3mm headphone jack? I find that a real shame.

Otherwise it looks like a rather interesting small product with the usual somewhat weird Chord design language.
If this is a truly portable device, would you want a 6.3mm jack?

I don't see many (if any) truly portable amp / dac combinations that support the larger jack?

Genuine question, coming from the land of IEMs, what portable headphones actually come with only a larger jack? - The largest / most expensive that I would go on the road with is potentially my Denon D7100, but - they come with both a 6.3 and a 3.5mm cable...

Other than that, don't Grado sell a 6.3 to 3.5mm converter cable? sure there must be plenty of other companies that also make such a cable :)

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 46
If this is a truly portable device, would you want a 6.3mm jack?

I don't see many (if any) truly portable amp / dac combinations that support the larger jack?

Genuine question, coming from the land of IEMs, what portable headphones actually come with only a larger jack? - The largest / most expensive that I would go on the road with is potentially my Denon D7100, but - they come with both a 6.3 and a 3.5mm cable...

Other than that, don't Grado sell a 6.3 to 3.5mm converter cable? sure there must be plenty of other companies that also make such a cable
smily_headphones1.gif

If this is a truly good sounding device why would I limit its use to public transport?
smily_headphones1.gif

I would potentially like to use it with my Sennheisser HD800 headphones. I have read that the Hugo is a good match for these so maybe the Mojo will be as well?
Having a portable DAC/AMP would allow me to easily bring it with my to the summer house or elsewhere where I want to enjoy music through headphones. I think that is one of the reasons the Hugo is such a success - it's semi portable, but can power "home" style headphones if need be.

Some people might not care, but I find the need for cable adapters annoying and technically sub-optimal. One could easily turn the question around - why not just include a 6.3mm jack - a 3.5mm adapter would only minimally protrude from the device? The other way around makes for a really long assembly. And why two * 3.5mm jacks and not one 3.5mm + one 6.3mm? Ok the jack probably is a bit larger internally, but to me its a shame.

Now lets hear how it sounds!
cool.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #13 of 46
Someone should tell the Guys over at Chord Electronics that its 2015. That device is ugly as a screw. :D

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 46
Yep, another Mojo sighting. in the "Coming up next..." list is "Chord Electronics Mojo with Edgar Kramer"

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/audioreviews.html

Also pretty proud of everyone that it took 14 posts until the first Austin Powers joke came out! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back