Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 31, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #136 of 1,076
OTG one end has B other side has A so A goes where ?

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #137 of 1,076
OTG one end has B other side has A so A goes where ?

I'm not sure which side is the B indicating. If B is the OTG end, then it goes into the phone which is the correct way you posted.
If B is the link end and the opposite side is the OTG, then that part goes into the phone and the B goes into the Mojo.
If that is the case then what you plugged in the picture will not output any sound to the Mojo. Hope that is clear for you.

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #138 of 1,076
I'm not sure which side is the B indicating. If B is the OTG end, then it goes into the phone which is the correct way you posted.
If B is the link end and the opposite side is the OTG, then that part goes into the phone and the B goes into the Mojo.
If that is the case then what you plugged in the picture will not output any sound to the Mojo. Hope that is clear for you.
Samsung tablet works but not the note 3 or LG3. Only Hiby works on all three.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #139 of 1,076
Thats right, Man Im such a derp! I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me about that. I have to do a little more troubleshooting though, it seems that the iMac is still acting up and not allowing me to change anything

Well after troubleshooting everything it was my macs all along. The mojo works perfectly fine. Just don't use it. So I sold it. For now at least

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #140 of 1,076
  I've been using my Mojo for a few weeks now.  Up until a couple of days ago it was perfect.  Now I notice it clipping, popping, and/or making static noise about once a day.  When this happens, I can power cycle the Mojo and it returns to normal operation for the rest of the day.  However, this feels less than ideal for a device of this caliber.  After some searching I haven't yet found anyone else discussing similar issues (but I admittedly haven't read the main Mojo thread top to bottom just yet).  Anyone familiar with this problem and/or have ideas for resolving it?

My setup is iTunes > BitPerfect > USB > Mojo > Noble 6.

I had similar issue but on PC. There was permanent quiet crackling when using Direct Sound output (browser, youtube, streaming services etc - as I know there are no other options for system sound output in Windows but Direct Sound). Using Direct Sound within players (JRiver, Foobar) brings crackling too.
Switching to ASIO - all clear, black quiet background.
I have other DACs: Teac and Fostex. They play without any problems using Direct Sound (USB port/controller and cable are the same as for Mojo).
I updated chipset driver for my motherboard and crackling has gone.
It looks like Mojo has more sensitive USB receiver than other DACs (for example smaller hardware buffer or no buffer at all). So if computer/software has latencies more than ideal for realtime streaming through USB there will be popping, crackling, static etc. There are tools to measure latencies for PC. Don't know about such tools for Mac OS but probably they should exist.
I only can recommend to quit all applications including background ones (they usually are in system tray), switch off all communications (wifi, network, bluetooth) and run only music player (try to change iTunes to something more lightweight eg Vox). And check if the problem will repeat.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #141 of 1,076
  I only can recommend to quit all applications including background ones (they usually are in system tray), switch off all communications (wifi, network, bluetooth) and run only music player (try to change iTunes to something more lightweight eg Vox). And check if the problem will repeat.

Interesting thought, thanks!

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #142 of 1,076
Im getting this when i try to play (steam)games... "No sound device detected. Sounds might not play"
confused.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #143 of 1,076
  Im getting this when i try to play (steam)games... "No sound device detected. Sounds might not play"
confused.gif

I have Steam running perfectly with the Mojo. It is selected normally in the Sound in the Control Panel. However as someone found earlier in this thread it depends on what is playing through the Mojo. It's because we may have been using an app that been playing in another sampling frequency other than 44.1KHz. (Which Steam and Windows is. Therefor you need to shut the other app down.)

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #144 of 1,076
confused.gif

I forgot the other reason you might not sound when using Steam etc.

If I am listening to JRiver I am using the WASAPI bitperfect driver. However when I go to Steam is uses Windows Default Direct Sound. Therefor I must close JRiver before I open Steam. Thus the Direct Sound driver can load when I initialise Steam. Otherwise I get no sound in Steam.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #145 of 1,076
Need some help. Just received my Mojo today. Charged it up and tried using the Coaxial input plug. Getting no sound from either my Line out from either my Questyle DAP or my Onkyo DAP. What type cable should I be using? Is it a 3.5mm mono cable or a 3.5mm stereo cable? Thanks for any help.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #146 of 1,076
  Need some help. Just received my Mojo today. Charged it up and tried using the Coaxial input plug. Getting no sound from either my Line out from either my Questyle DAP or my Onkyo DAP. What type cable should I be using? Is it a 3.5mm mono cable or a 3.5mm stereo cable? Thanks for any help.

Lineout is analog. It is meant for amplifiers. You can only connect Mojo to Onkyo by USB.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #147 of 1,076

I'm not familiar with the DAPs. Looking at information online, it looks like there is an optical digital output from the Questyle DAP. This can also be used to feed digital input to the Chord Mojo.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #148 of 1,076

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #149 of 1,076
Hooked up my Mojo (Coax In) to Coax Out from my Ibasso DX-90 DAP. It works and sounds great when using both a 3.5mm Stereo cable and a 3.5mm Mono cable. Which cable is going to give me the best quality sound? Thx.

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #150 of 1,076
Folks

I need some help with Mojo and Tidal on my PC.

Coniguration:
Windows 7, Mojo drivers installed
Tidal for PC
Mojo connected via USB

Problem:
Today's morning I have decided to try Tidal HiFi subscription and I downloaded Tidal's software on my PC (I had drivers installed already). Although I have positve experience with Foobar on the same computer I am unable to force Tidal's Windows app to behave properly!
So, from Tidal's configuration panel I can choose where Tidal should stream my music. When I am choosing "to Mojo" route the app is trying to play but it can't start any track (I can only observe a "waiting ball" on the play button). Addotionally I am able to route digital signal from the app to Realtec HD (my onboard soundcard). When I am doing that I can switch on fly to my Mojo and it is switching flawlessly... until I don't decide to move into another track, then I am having the same kind of "freeze" on play.
I have been trying with all posiible exclusivity and volume holding configurations. Nothing has any impact on my problem :frowning2:

Have you guys experienced that kind of issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back