Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #1,067 of 1,084
I’m suddenly having a strange volume issue with my Mojo. My standard mobile rig for the last two years has been an iPhone (now XS Max) with camera connector kit hooked up to the Mojo powering a pair of Shure SE530 IEMs. For 99% of my listening, the volume balls never have to go much beyond cherry red to provide sufficient volume, even on airplanes.

Last night, however, when plugging everything together, I suddenly found that my standard catalog of lossless CD rips to iTunes were barely audible at the normal volume setting. I had to crank the volume all the way up to where the balls were an icy blue color to get anywhere close to a normal listening level - and I only did that for a second, knowing that something isn’t right. The sound quality itself doesn’t seem to be affected, meaning channel separation is normal and there’s no static or popping. The sound volume is just tremendously reduced.

I’m on the road at the moment, so I don’t have the ability to swap out any components, but there’s nothing at this point to indicate an issue with anything else in the listening chain. Of course I double checked that all the connections were secure, plugged the headphones into both of the output jacks, completely powered off the iPhone and made sure the Mojo was on a full charge, all to no avail. Any ideas what might be up?
Hey so I got the exact same issue all of a sudden. I connected the Mojo to my active speakers using line out but coming back to lower volumes usually on orange for headphone listening, I now get normal listening volumes on light blue which is close to line out levels.

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #1,068 of 1,084
Hey so I got the exact same issue all of a sudden. I connected the Mojo to my active speakers using line out but coming back to lower volumes usually on orange for headphone listening, I now get normal listening volumes on light blue which is close to line out levels.
Try posting in the Mojo thread for more replies.
In the meantime are you selecting line-out, and then not changing the volume in any way?

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #1,069 of 1,084
Bought a mojo2 a few months back. Just hopped on a plane ready for a good listening session and the lights all flashed once and it won’t power up now. It charged the whole day before. Anyone have this happen before? Just curious what to do. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #1,070 of 1,084
Bought a mojo2 a few months back. Just hopped on a plane ready for a good listening session and the lights all flashed once and it won’t power up now. It charged the whole day before. Anyone have this happen before? Just curious what to do. Thanks!
That doesn't sound good.
Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose as the way forward.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #1,073 of 1,084
Probably 95% of the posts about Chord support, state how good it is, so your experience must be among the remaining 5%.

What problem were you having with that phone?

Probably 95% of the posts about Chord support, state how good it is, so your experience must be among the remaining 5%.

What problem were you having with that phone?
I would be deeply grateful for any ideas! My phone refuses to USB host mojo chord 2. Pixel 7pro, otg cable, i keep getting the "couldn't switch" as i try to make the phone host. UAPP works, it does recognise the Chord. But android doesn't, so i can't use any other apps. Tried uninstalling UAPP, didn't help. Tried many different cables, no dice
Any thoughts?

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #1,074 of 1,084
I would be deeply grateful for any ideas! My phone refuses to USB host mojo chord 2. Pixel 7pro, otg cable, i keep getting the "couldn't switch" as i try to make the phone host. UAPP works, it does recognise the Chord. But android doesn't, so i can't use any other apps. Tried uninstalling UAPP, didn't help. Tried many different cables, no dice
Any thoughts?
You have put so many elements into that explanation, that it is a bit confusing trying to understand what impact each element is having.

Am I interpreting this correctly:
  • you have a Pixel 7pro phone
  • you have installed UAPP on the phone, and UAPP works (by 'works' do you mean that UAPP can play music using the Mojo2?)
  • you have connected your phone to the Mojo2 using an OTG cable (I know that the Mojo 1 originally needed an OTG cable, but something tells me that the recent phones do not need an OTG cable)
  • you say that android will not recognise the Mojo. This is a bit confusing as to what you are trying to explain. Android is the operating system, and UAPP sits on top of the operating system, so if UAPP works, then that would suggest to me that android must be working properly as well.
    • Are you trying to instead explain that when UAPP is working, none of the other android music apps will work/play music through the mojo? If yes, that raises the question about whether your UAPP settings include 'exclusive mode', because that mode would give UAPP the exclusive control over playing music via USB, and no other android music apps would be able to use the usb port/mojo.
So my first suggestion is to check if you have got 'exclusive mode' activated. It does trip some owners up.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #1,075 of 1,084
You have put so many elements into that explanation, that it is a bit confusing trying to understand what impact each element is having.

Am I interpreting this correctly:
  • you have a Pixel 7pro phone
  • you have installed UAPP on the phone, and UAPP works (by 'works' do you mean that UAPP can play music using the Mojo2?)
  • you have connected your phone to the Mojo2 using an OTG cable (I know that the Mojo 1 originally needed an OTG cable, but something tells me that the recent phones do not need an OTG cable)
  • you say that android will not recognise the Mojo. This is a bit confusing as to what you are trying to explain. Android is the operating system, and UAPP sits on top of the operating system, so if UAPP works, then that would suggest to me that android must be working properly as well.
    • Are you trying to instead explain that when UAPP is working, none of the other android music apps will work/play music through the mojo? If yes, that raises the question about whether your UAPP settings include 'exclusive mode', because that mode would give UAPP the exclusive control over playing music via USB, and no other android music apps would be able to use the usb port/mojo.
So my first suggestion is to check if you have got 'exclusive mode' activated. It does trip some owners up.

Dear Mike, thanks for your patience and please forgive for any confusion. UAPP: it could play music via Mojo2, yes, but I uninstalled it - attempting to resolve the issue. Android: yes, I mean the system interface, please see the picture. It cannot control the Mojo2 and use it as a DAC.

photo_2024-04-26 14.55.38.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #1,076 of 1,084
Dear Mike, thanks for your patience and please forgive for any confusion. UAPP: it could play music via Mojo2, yes, but I uninstalled it - attempting to resolve the issue. Android: yes, I mean the system interface, please see the picture. It cannot control the Mojo2 and use it as a DAC.

photo_2024-04-26 14.55.38.jpeg
If working fine in UAPP, not a MOJO issue. Blame the android SRC implementation. You can try this workaround mentioned here,
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...b_controlled_by_couldt_switch_to_this_device/

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #1,078 of 1,084
Is this a known issue with just this model of phone, or is it a wider android issue?
I think it's just google breaking things with newer updates to their pixel line.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #1,080 of 1,084
Well Chords support is great and fast. Got my unit up and running with 2 simple emails. I would prefer not to say what my problem was, as I'm a bit embarrassedlol. But they were so helpful and very informative. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back