Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 18, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #107 of 1,084

Mine does the same high pitch tone while charging.
My previous mojo unit was faulty (was turning itself off) and I got it replaced - but he didn't had this high pitch tone issue.
So I'm also thinking about getting it replaced.

Thanks andi16.

That kind of proves that my current unit is faulty....
Let's see how the replacement turns out....

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #108 of 1,084
I saw some posts in this thread related to Mojo + Windows Phone. I received my Mojo the other day and was really hoping to use it with my Lumia 950XL. Apparently it does not work which I discovered for myself when trying the connections and then doing a google search which eventually led me here.

I purchased a VicTsing USB-C adapter and tried both the Mojo-included short USB-A/Micro cable and another longer Monoprice USB-A/Micro cable. Both connections yielded a "This USB device may not work correctly" error message on the WP as soon as the Mojo powered on. First I thought it might be the cable/adapter itself so I connected the 950XL with same cables to an AudioEngine D1 and it worked, playing FLAC music from Groove music app. I then tried connecting same cables back to Mojo but this time connected to my Windows 7 (work) PC. Windows auto-downloaded a driver but I went to Chord's website to get the specific Win7 driver per their instruction on box anyway. After drivers installed the Mojo worked, playing stuff from iTunes. So it's a WP-related issue.

I see this thread is for "solutions". Could a solution for this case be to contact Chord since they have a driver for Windows 7 OS and may need to provide something for Win10 Mobile?

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #109 of 1,084
Hey Guy, So I have a weird issue. My Mojo used to show up as either 384 kHz sample rate on my mac, but now is showing 48kHz. I have checked with my iPhone which should show 44kHz and it does, but when plugging it back into the iMac, it goes back to 48kHz instead of the normal 384. Now I have also tested my SMSL M8 to see if the sample rate dropped on it but it turns on at a 48 and then when plugged in as the target it jumps back up to 384. I am not sure but this start happening when I put the Mojo into Line level mode when testing out the DAC with some AMPs I have. I know that this is not saved once I turn the Mojo off but I thought it was worth mentioning to evaluate what i was doing when this started happening.

anyone else have this issue or know how to have the iMac recognized back up to the 384 Sample rate?

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #110 of 1,084
Just an update, my other mac has no issues with the mojo with the sampling rate being at 384. SO there is an issue with the original mac. Not sure how to fix that either.

Still having the issue with the Line Level mode though.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #111 of 1,084
Hey Guy, So I have a weird issue. My Mojo used to show up as either 384 kHz sample rate on my mac, but now is showing 48kHz. I have checked with my iPhone which should show 44kHz and it does, but when plugging it back into the iMac, it goes back to 48kHz instead of the normal 384. Now I have also tested my SMSL M8 to see if the sample rate dropped on it but it turns on at a 48 and then when plugged in as the target it jumps back up to 384. I am not sure but this start happening when I put the Mojo into Line level mode when testing out the DAC with some AMPs I have. I know that this is not saved once I turn the Mojo off but I thought it was worth mentioning to evaluate what i was doing when this started happening.

anyone else have this issue or know how to have the iMac recognized back up to the 384 Sample rate?

Have you tried a different USB cable? Also, make sure that it is switched to 24-bit first. If neither of those things help, try using it through a USB hub and see if that makes any difference.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #112 of 1,084
Have you tried a different USB cable? Also, make sure that it is switched to 24-bit first. If neither of those things help, try using it through a USB hub and see if that makes any difference.

I tried several different usb cables. Now the mojo does stay in the 384 range when on my other Mac. It just recently started doing this on this Mac.

I think I missed something. How do you switch the mojo to 24bit first?

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #113 of 1,084

I tried several different usb cables. Now the mojo does stay in the 384 range when on my other Mac. It just recently started doing this on this Mac.

I think I missed something. How do you switch the mojo to 24bit first?

In Audio Midi Set-up there should be two options for the Format setting for any device. Sometimes when set to 16-bit a device wont go higher than 44.1 or 48k I've found. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #114 of 1,084
In Audio Midi Set-up there should be two options for the Format setting for any device. Sometimes when set to 16-bit a device wont go higher than 44.1 or 48k I've found. 

Thats right, Man Im such a derp! I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me about that. I have to do a little more troubleshooting though, it seems that the iMac is still acting up and not allowing me to change anything

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #115 of 1,084
I've been using my Mojo for a few weeks now.  Up until a couple of days ago it was perfect.  Now I notice it clipping, popping, and/or making static noise about once a day.  When this happens, I can power cycle the Mojo and it returns to normal operation for the rest of the day.  However, this feels less than ideal for a device of this caliber.  After some searching I haven't yet found anyone else discussing similar issues (but I admittedly haven't read the main Mojo thread top to bottom just yet).  Anyone familiar with this problem and/or have ideas for resolving it?

My setup is iTunes > BitPerfect > USB > Mojo > Noble 6.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #116 of 1,084
@headpsy

I don't know but my Mojo clicks/pops. It's noticable during quiet passages of music. Maybe once an hour or sometimes not. The album Call off the Search - Katie Melua, triggers clicking the most.

I am still anxious about it. However I think it might be because of the USB cable feeding the Mojo. Even though I only use 44.1KHz, people found clicking with HD-audio and cured it with quality cable.

I am looking at the shielded QED Reference USB.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #117 of 1,084
In my case, I don't notice any (extra) noise most of the time.  When this click/static/pop happens, it makes it hard to hear the music.  Sometimes the music kind of skips, too.  And the click/static/pop is loud enough that I need to quickly remove my IEMs.

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #118 of 1,084

Mine does the same high pitch tone while charging.
My previous mojo unit was faulty (was turning itself off) and I got it replaced - but he didn't had this high pitch tone issue.
So I'm also thinking about getting it replaced.

Welp, I got mine replaced but seems like the problem is still there. 

The seller says it was dead quiet on their end so may be I'm crazy here.

I've tried Anker 5port charger, iphone, ipad, samsung galaxy charger, MBP usb and so far, no luck. 
Well I guess I will have order premium  usb cables to see if it helps, which I doubt. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #119 of 1,084
HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

All of a sudden I'm having intermittent connection issues out of both headphone outs:frowning2:

I've tried a few different headphones so it must be a mojo problem. I'm gonna cry:frowning2:

Is this something Drew at Moon Audio will be able to fix or is my 3 month old unit gonna have to be replaced?

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #120 of 1,084
  Yeah, it is playing now. Not sure why it didn't before.

Media Go will happily play a HQ sound file... but not via ASIO. It appears to only use a standard sound driver (maybe DirectSound, or similar).

I have just this second managed to get foobar2000 working with the Mojo, and the colour of the power light changes depending on the quality of the music I am playing (i.e. it doesn't seem to be resampling everything to a set frequency, and is retaining the frequency of the file).

I am going to stick with foobar2000 for the moment, and see how I get on... and also, how it interacts with Steam.

Hey Framgeld,

Can I please ask how you got the Mojo working with Foobar showing the correct colour on the power LED. I'm running Windows 10 and installed the driver from the Chord website and have installed the WASAPI plug-in for Foobar. The Mojo is selected as my output device but the power LED stays red during FLAC file playback.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back