1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610
612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621
Next

Last
  1. omastic
    UAPP is what I have been using since yesterday. No stuttering or playback glitches till now where as with the Onkyo app the stuttering was quite persistent and annoying. I am guessing it has something to do with the USB driver used. 

User interface took a while to get used to , but so far quite liking it apart from one small problem - when I randomly choose a track to play the first 0.5s or maybe even the first 1s will be skipped. This is a minor concern, really, and mostly unnoticeable in day to day use. 

2. xtr4
    With regards to the hiss, this is what I hear when source is connected to a powered Mojo without music playing. IEM is Earwerkz Supra. YMMV

AK100 to Mojo - someone slowly blowing very very lightly into your ear and you can feel a very slight breeze. Noticeable if you focus on it
    AK100 to ALORX MK3B - someone trying to coerce a child to pee by going "Shhhhhhhh". Doesn't matter if you focus or not, it's like you're in the toilet with them.

Hope this helps :D

Dobrescu George likes this.
  3. Whitigir
    Sheesh....I never encountered this kind of child pissing trick hissing sound as "pppppsssshhhh....pppppsssshhhh" before....lucky me roflmao. Thanks for the description

4. jarnopp

Not a defect. Read the FAQ linked from the 3rd post. And enjoy!

5. deividi
    Thanks for the response. I actually read the FAQ and I think it said that this "issue" shouldn't arise when charging via laptop. I think I'll try another laptop when I get a chance..

p.s. maybe got a bit too carried away with mojo today/yesterday as it is 6am now and have to get up at 8.. [​IMG]

6. Mimouille
    For rig ideas: AK100 Mk2 Limited Edition Sapphire Blue in Aiuto Metal Bumper Case > Sysconcept optical > Mojo > RSD 2.98 4 wire > Rhapsodio Solar

IMG_20160113_083355.jpg

IMG_20160113_083331.jpg

IMG_20160113_083302.jpg

x RELIC x, masterpfa and xtr4 like this.
  7. x RELIC x Contributor

Very nice Mimouille! What are you using to attach? Dual Lock?

Liking the bumper for a super clean look. :)

8. Mimouille
    Thanks. It feels a bit more protected. 3M Dual Lock Low Profile.

9. mscott58
    Nice case! Did you get that from iRiver or one of the other sellers. Looks a bit pricey at $99. Cheers 

10. SearchOfSub

My Hugo does did hiss with iems but no hiss at all when used with speakers.

11. zambz
    Hey guys, my Mojo gets really really hot when used as a desktop amp with power plugged in.  It has been connected to power, I originally let it charge and then I have had it plugged into power consistently for the last few weeks since buying it.  I read in the thread that this unit is safe up until 150 degrees, which I'm hoping is indeed the case, but right now, the unit is about as hot as holding a mug with boiling water in it, it's almost a tad too hot to touch.

Is this something I should be worried about?  It does have me concerned to be honest :')

12. Deftone
    +1  its all in the master baby. forget a 64bit 7943khz music file if the master is schiit. the better master would mow it down even at 320kps.

13. Mimouille
    30$ on taobao.

14. Deftone

IMHO, El8 - thin, cold, fatiguing, very detailed, harsh.
              650 - warm, cohesive, detailed, beautiful tone, lush.

15. x RELIC x Contributor

From my experience with other devices like an iPod classic and laptops (not the Mojo), you shouldn't leave a lithium battery plugged in for weeks at a time. It will reduce the overall life of the battery and is very stressful. Not talking about overcharging here. It's like constantly revving your car engine to the red line while in park.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

My suggestion would be to charge it and let it run down and then plug it in when needed, perhaps at the yellow battery indicator. This will help the thermals from being constantly high and also be less stressful as there is no memory effect on Lithium batteries, meaning short multiple charges aren't harmful. You can't be using it 24/7 so let it rest a little. Chord has said the battery on the Mojo will 'top up' to 8.4V when the voltage gets to 8.2V.

Edit: I just want to be clear that this is not my experience with the Mojo but with a few other devices. Chord has said it's fine to run while plugged in and the thermal protection is more than adequate to prevent overheating. I'm just cautious now with all my battery powered devices.... Once bitten twice shy and all that.

First

Back
601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610
612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621
Next

Last