Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 12, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #9,151 of 42,765
  UAPP my weapon of choice, I tried both Neutron and Onkyo HF did not like either but YMMV

EDIT: Forgot to add UAPP have great support too usually answering almost instantly to emails etc on issues if any you may have.

UAPP is what I have been using since yesterday. No stuttering or playback glitches till now where as with the Onkyo app the stuttering was quite persistent and annoying. I am guessing it has something to do with the USB driver used. 

User interface took a while to get used to , but so far quite liking it apart from one small problem - when I randomly choose a track to play the first 0.5s or maybe even the first 1s will be skipped. This is a minor concern, really, and mostly unnoticeable in day to day use. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #9,152 of 42,765
With regards to the hiss, this is what I hear when source is connected to a powered Mojo without music playing. IEM is Earwerkz Supra. YMMV

AK100 to Mojo - someone slowly blowing very very lightly into your ear and you can feel a very slight breeze. Noticeable if you focus on it
AK100 to ALORX MK3B - someone trying to coerce a child to pee by going "Shhhhhhhh". Doesn't matter if you focus or not, it's like you're in the toilet with them.

Hope this helps :D

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #9,154 of 42,765
I received my mojo today and I'm loving how much it improves the SQ over the Dragonfly v1.2.

The only thing that is a bit worrying is that I can also hear a hissing sound when charging... :frowning2:  It isn't very loud but it's audible if you listen closely. I tried switching different cables, tried USB 2 and USB 3 ports on my laptop and also straight from the wall socket. I also noticed that it happens only when the mojo is powered off.

It would be nice to know whether this is a "real" defect and impacts other functionalities of the device as well... :confused_face_2:

Not a defect. Read the FAQ linked from the 3rd post. And enjoy!

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #9,155 of 42,765
Not a defect. Read the FAQ linked from the 3rd post. And enjoy!

Thanks for the response. I actually read the FAQ and I think it said that this "issue" shouldn't arise when charging via laptop. I think I'll try another laptop when I get a chance..

p.s. maybe got a bit too carried away with mojo today/yesterday as it is 6am now and have to get up at 8.. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #9,157 of 42,765
For rig ideas: [COLOR=141823]AK100 Mk2 Limited Edition Sapphire Blue in Aiuto Metal Bumper Case > Sysconcept optical > Mojo > RSD 2.98 4 wire > Rhapsodio Solar[/COLOR]

Very nice Mimouille! What are you using to attach? Dual Lock?

Liking the bumper for a super clean look. :)

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #9,159 of 42,765
  For rig ideas: AK100 Mk2 Limited Edition Sapphire Blue in Aiuto Metal Bumper Case > Sysconcept optical > Mojo > RSD 2.98 4 wire > Rhapsodio Solar

Nice case! Did you get that from iRiver or one of the other sellers. Looks a bit pricey at $99. Cheers 

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #9,160 of 42,765
This is why I was curious mostly compared to Hugo, because something similar was stated about Hugo by some people, and I could definitely hear the hiss with Hugo, though music sounded much cleaner and dynamic than on all DAC/AMPs compared to it. There still was some hiss, for me.

My Hugo does did hiss with iems but no hiss at all when used with speakers.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #9,161 of 42,765
Hey guys, my Mojo gets really really hot when used as a desktop amp with power plugged in.  It has been connected to power, I originally let it charge and then I have had it plugged into power consistently for the last few weeks since buying it.  I read in the thread that this unit is safe up until 150 degrees, which I'm hoping is indeed the case, but right now, the unit is about as hot as holding a mug with boiling water in it, it's almost a tad too hot to touch.

Is this something I should be worried about?  It does have me concerned to be honest :')

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #9,162 of 42,765
I am surprised any true audiophile streams their music. You have absolutely no idea or control of the master to which you are listening. If you do not believe mastering matters, I weep.

+1  its all in the master baby. forget a 64bit 7943khz music file if the master is schiit. the better master would mow it down even at 320kps.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #9,165 of 42,765
Hey guys, my Mojo gets really really hot when used as a desktop amp with power plugged in.  It has been connected to power, I originally let it charge and then I have had it plugged into power consistently for the last few weeks since buying it.  I read in the thread that this unit is safe up until 150 degrees, which I'm hoping is indeed the case, but right now, the unit is about as hot as holding a mug with boiling water in it, it's almost a tad too hot to touch.

Is this something I should be worried about?  It does have me concerned to be honest :')

From my experience with other devices like an iPod classic and laptops (not the Mojo), you shouldn't leave a lithium battery plugged in for weeks at a time. It will reduce the overall life of the battery and is very stressful. Not talking about overcharging here. It's like constantly revving your car engine to the red line while in park.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

"Besides selecting the best-suited voltage thresholds for a given application, a regular Li-ion should not remain at the high-voltage ceiling of 4.20V/cell for an extended time. When fully charged, remove the battery and allow to voltage to revert to a more natural level. This is like relaxing the muscles after strenuous exercise. Although a properly functioning Li-ion charger will terminate charge when the battery is full, some chargers apply a topping charge if the battery terminal voltage drops to a given level. (See BU-409: Charging Lithium-ion)"

My suggestion would be to charge it and let it run down and then plug it in when needed, perhaps at the yellow battery indicator. This will help the thermals from being constantly high and also be less stressful as there is no memory effect on Lithium batteries, meaning short multiple charges aren't harmful. You can't be using it 24/7 so let it rest a little. Chord has said the battery on the Mojo will 'top up' to 8.4V when the voltage gets to 8.2V.

Edit: I just want to be clear that this is not my experience with the Mojo but with a few other devices. Chord has said it's fine to run while plugged in and the thermal protection is more than adequate to prevent overheating. I'm just cautious now with all my battery powered devices.... Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back