Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 12, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9,136 of 42,765
Onkyo is OK but it doeant load cover art ~70% of the time and none of the mp3's I transfer via iTunes appear in the app.

I had the same problem with cover art but my friend and iTunes guru, bflat taught me. Double click on the album in iTunes scroll down to "Get Info". Then click on "Artwork" and double click on the album art displayed and click on "Delete Artwork". After that, click on "Add Artwork" and add a previously downloaded JPEG of the proper album art and click "OK". A bit cumbersome but that should solve your problem of the album artwork.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #9,137 of 42,765
How long did it take for people to get shipping confirmations from Moon-Audio?  Ordered mine Sunday night but haven't heard yet.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #9,138 of 42,765
Hey so I'm using the mojo on my Macbook Pro and I can't seem to get any audio through soundcloud streaming. Do you know why?

When I change the volume I hear the clicks through the headphones but on song playback I hear nothing. I play a track on itunes and it's fine. What's going on?

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #9,139 of 42,765

One's an amp and one is a dac/amp.  Can't really compare them

Well it goes without saying that I was talking about the amplifier bit of the Mojo compared to Vali 2...
Let's say that we are using the Mojo's line out combined with Vali 2, how much of an improvement would this be? and for the purpose of this comparison, let's say we are using it to power the HD800 or TH X00.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #9,140 of 42,765
I received the Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable today.  Tested briefly and it is working on iOS 9.2 with iPhone 6S and Mojo.  So, for $45 including shipping and about 2 weeks total time, not bad if it continues to work.  Again, this will be an ultra-portable solution for flights/airplane mode listening.  Generally, I prefer a longer micro-USB cable with the CCK as it lets me keep the Mojo further away form the phone and allows easier movement/control of the phone.

According to the Chord website Q&A you need the CCK for Hugo, are you saying that for th Mojo there is no need for the CCK if you get a micro-sub to lightening cable? Or does the Taobao have some special trick up its sleeve?

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #9,141 of 42,765
According to the Chord website Q&A you need the CCK for Hugo, are you saying that for th Mojo there is no need for the CCK if you get a micro-sub to lightening cable? Or does the Taobao have some special trick up its sleeve?

This cable, and some others (Lavricables?) have an included chip or something that duplicates the CCK function. Yes. It works without the CCK.

Edit: UPDATE: Literally as soon as I posted that, this cable cutout. Unplugging and plugging it back in restored it. It has happened again since. So, wanted you all to be aware. This is a known hazard with non-MfI licensed cables. If anyone else has experience with this one or others, p,ease post.

Also, had been listening to answer the sound question: on airplane mode, I cannot detect any difference between this cable and the cable that came with Mojo/CCK combination.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #9,142 of 42,765
Well it goes without saying that I was talking about the amplifier bit of the Mojo compared to Vali 2...
Let's say that we are using the Mojo's line out combined with Vali 2, how much of an improvement would this be? and for the purpose of this comparison, let's say we are using it to power the HD800 or TH X00.

If going by specs the Mojo will be much better with much less distortion, adding the Vali to the mix will only add distortion. If going by sound signature preference the Vali or the Mojo will be a personal choice. For your information the Mojo doesn't really have a seperate amp (you can read the Mojo FAQ to find out more) so no worries about double amping if connecting both. For powering the HD800 many users have reported that the Mojo powers and pairs with the HD800 well.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #9,143 of 42,765
  How long did it take for people to get shipping confirmations from Moon-Audio?  Ordered mine Sunday night but haven't heard yet.

Ordered it on the 2nd, confirmation on the 4th, got it on the 6th.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #9,144 of 42,765
This cable, and some others (Lavricables?) have an included chip or something that duplicates the CCK function. Yes. It works without the CCK.

Thanks - that is very helpful. A much tidier solution than using the CCK!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #9,146 of 42,765
If going by specs the Mojo will be much better with much less distortion, adding the Vali to the mix will only add distortion. If going by sound signature preference the Vali or the Mojo will be a personal choice. For your information the Mojo doesn't really have a seperate amp (you can read the Mojo FAQ to find out more) so no worries about double amping if connecting both. For powering the HD800 many users have reported that the Mojo powers and pairs with the HD800 well.

Cheers for the response :).

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #9,147 of 42,765
No hiss w/16 ohm ADEL a12's.

+1

Of course I have to add "relative to what?"  I have slightly rolled off HF hearing.  The more sensitive your hearing is a HF and the more sensitive the transducer is at HF, the more likely you are to hear hiss.  Ergo, some of us think Hugo has no hiss, others think it does.  The only way to know is by comparison to another transducer using the same source and electronics, set at exactly the same voltage output.  When I said I heard no hiss, I really said nothing useful to anyone else.  Maybe at best it means it's not a hiss all of us would hear on most transducers.  Mojo passes that test.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #9,149 of 42,765
I received my mojo today and I'm loving how much it improves the SQ over the Dragonfly v1.2.

The only thing that is a bit worrying is that I can also hear a hissing sound when charging... 
frown.gif
 It isn't very loud but it's audible if you listen closely. I tried switching different cables, tried USB 2 and USB 3 ports on my laptop and also straight from the wall socket. I also noticed that it happens only when the mojo is powered off.

It would be nice to know whether this is a "real" defect and impacts other functionalities of the device as well... 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back