Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 3, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,521 of 10,459
Hello,

I just got the Mojo2 last week and honestly I'm blown away by the sound that is coming out of this little thing. The biggest thing I noticed is the sheer amount of authority that are put into the notes, especially at lower volumes. Was not getting this type of presentation on the iDSD Signature or other Sabre based DACs.

For my next test, I would like to hook it up to a Desktop amp but have heard varying suggestions on how to get the proper configuration. I have the 3.5mm to RCA cable but if anyone could shed some light on what volume the Mojo2 should be set at? Should it be in the middle or maxed out?
I think I set my mojo2 to Blue color to my PrimaLuna HP tube IA.

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #5,524 of 10,459
Oct 4, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #5,526 of 10,459
I currently have 2 setups. I am using schiit 2 uber stack + Fidelio X2 with my desktop, lotoo paw s1 + dunu sa6/2000j with my laptop/iphone.
I was thinking about selling both schiit and paw and buying Mojo 2.
Would this be a noticeable upgrade and would it work fine with my headphones?

I would be losing playstation 5 (paw has uac1 mode) and mqa support, though.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #5,527 of 10,459
I was having white noise issues with Mojo 2 so sold it to buy Chord Qutest, paired with Graham slee solo ultra linear headphone amp. This combo sounds incredible, although at nearly 4 times the cost isn't really a fair comparison to Mojo 2.

Oct 4, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #5,528 of 10,459
I currently have 2 setups. I am using schiit 2 uber stack + Fidelio X2 with my desktop, lotoo paw s1 + dunu sa6/2000j with my laptop/iphone.
I was thinking about selling both schiit and paw and buying Mojo 2.
Would this be a noticeable upgrade and would it work fine with my headphones?

I would be losing playstation 5 (paw has uac1 mode) and mqa support, though.
It will be an upgrade in terms of sound quality but it may not beat the amplification of schiit stack.

It has more than enough power for X2, it's an excellent choice for portable DAC/AMP and desktop DAC/AMP.

Oct 4, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #5,532 of 10,459
Hello everyone on this thread, I am considering buying a mojo 2, and debating between it and a gryphon. I already have an ifi go blu, so I keep going back and forth.

Anyways, not looking for comparisons here as I have already a few, but I had a few questions especially as a prior owner of the original mojo.

1. Does the mojo 2 still pick up interference from phones? I found with the original mojo even a ferrite choke couldn't completely got rid of it, and the poly even introduced it's own separate wifi interference. Would a longer cable help potentially?

2. Does the mojo 2 hiss with sensitive (or even less sensitive) iems? Most of my use will be with iems and while the original didn't hiss with all of them, some definitely did. I would prefer not to have to rely on something like an iematch again.

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #5,533 of 10,459
Hello everyone on this thread, I am considering buying a mojo 2, and debating between it and a gryphon. I already have an ifi go blu, so I keep going back and forth.

Anyways, not looking for comparisons here as I have already a few, but I had a few questions especially as a prior owner of the original mojo.

1. Does the mojo 2 still pick up interference from phones? I found with the original mojo even a ferrite choke couldn't completely got rid of it, and the poly even introduced it's own separate wifi interference. Would a longer cable help potentially?

2. Does the mojo 2 hiss with sensitive (or even less sensitive) iems? Most of my use will be with iems and while the original didn't hiss with all of them, some definitely did. I would prefer not to have to rely on something like an iematch again.

Thanks!
1 unfortunately it still does.
stacking the Mojo 2 with a HibyR3 with active Wifi creates interference, and also using the Mojo2Poly with an iPhone personal hotspot does introduce some crackling, but it‘s quite low volume and is hard to notice with music playing. Mojo2Poly in my Wifi network at home is clean as a whistle! By the way, Hugo2Go behaves similarly.
2 No hiss here, but my IEMs are not particularly sensitive, the most sensitive being a UM 3DT.

Oct 4, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #5,534 of 10,459
No need to remove a failed battery - the intelligent charger will recognise a fault (shorted battery) and can cope with a battery at the end of it's life too. Both cases it will disconnect the battery and you can run it from the USB charger as it will go into desktop mode.
Thanks for the info, Rob!

One more question--how exactly do you remove the battery from the Mojo 2. I am not familiar with the new connector. Do you lift the connector straight up or is there some other trick to it?

Oct 4, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #5,535 of 10,459
1 unfortunately it still does.
stacking the Mojo 2 with a HibyR3 with active Wifi creates interference, and also using the Mojo2Poly with an iPhone personal hotspot does introduce some crackling, but it‘s quite low volume and is hard to notice with music playing. Mojo2Poly in my Wifi network at home is clean as a whistle! By the way, Hugo2Go behaves similarly.
2 No hiss here, but my IEMs are not particularly sensitive, the most sensitive being a UM 3DT.
That's a bit disappointing about the interference. Most use would likely be with a Chromebook tablet I have, but I remember the interference with my phone was not great and not sure if that's a deal breaker. My old poly also definitely picked up audible interference too when on wifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back