Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 5, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #5,536 of 10,553
That's a bit disappointing about the interference. Most use would likely be with a Chromebook tablet I have, but I remember the interference with my phone was not great and not sure if that's a deal breaker. My old poly also definitely picked up audible interference too when on wifi.
I get no interference with the mojo 2 and iPhone 13 Pro / 14 pro max.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #5,538 of 10,553
Thanks for the info, Rob!

One more question--how exactly do you remove the battery from the Mojo 2. I am not familiar with the new connector. Do you lift the connector straight up or is there some other trick to it?
I'm not Rob, but here's how the connector works..

Sorry, it didn't show clearly in the photo. It is a connector; a low profile, vertical-mating type like a snapbee:

1643907472964.png

Here's how the connector latches (assuming that this is what the mojo 2 uses):
snapbee.gif

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #5,539 of 10,553
That's a bit disappointing about the interference. Most use would likely be with a Chromebook tablet I have, but I remember the interference with my phone was not great and not sure if that's a deal breaker. My old poly also definitely picked up audible interference too when on wifi.
I have Mojo2, and Poly. I stream over WLAN at home, and either use the phone hotspot on 4G EE, or 5G Vodafone when on the move (work and personal phones). None of this has resulted in any interference. I can't comment on the IEM's as I don't use any.

Oct 5, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #5,540 of 10,553
I have Mojo2, and Poly. I stream over WLAN at home, and either use the phone hotspot on 4G EE, or 5G Vodafone when on the move (work and personal phones). None of this has resulted in any interference. I can't comment on the IEM's as I don't use any.
Well if I do end up getting a mojo again, I have no plans to get another poly. I wont get into it, but the poly was one of the worst audio related purchases I think I have ever made, and it looks to me like the mojo2 specifically had some noticeable design compromises made just to keep it compatible.

Either way, my usage for the mojo would likely be mostly with my phone, using mobile data. Someone mentioned 3g used to be the issue, but I have no idea if that remains the case or if LTE or 5g still will cause the same interference. But its looking like my use case really may not be best for the mojo at this point.

Oct 5, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #5,541 of 10,553
Oct 5, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #5,542 of 10,553
Oct 6, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #5,543 of 10,553
I don't see how you would be able to use it as it's a bluetooth transmitter. Are you thinking you'd be able to plug it into the mojo as a receiver?

Right… i was thinking it was a receiver…
Do you know if some usb-c receiver are existîng ?

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #5,544 of 10,553
Intelligent desktop mode :

if you have a good power source, modern one, thats rated for 'fast charge' output 18w and 3amps.

Mojo2, fully charged, turn it on, only takes a moment, before you hear an internal click and it goes into intelligent desktop mode.

You should not really use a basic, cellphone brick to charge the mojo2, with its 5v 2.4amp output.

Poly: Mobile-Enjoyment

I really think you need the Poly, it's a must, should you use the mojo2 with: Android / iOS

Tested many cables, and the dreaded USB: synchronous/asynchronous/WiFi/Bluetooth/3G/5G gets pumped into the headphones, with eventual dread BLEEEP of Death

iOS, I'm forced to set the device in airplane mode, while listening to music, then using Apple watch to skip tracks, play pause.

Conceal mobile holsters, left and right, one for the iOS other for the mojo2, USB-C to USB-C to connect both.

While in theory it's nice and cool, it does not work, ddHiFi adapter, moves just a tiny bit in holster, and all signal is lost.

Lighting port is being grinded slowly down with adapter.

USB-C cable will send, iOS internal gut sounds over, with a fluffy electrical haze sound's, turning overall signature into a nasial airy farts, rolling into the BLEEEP of Death.

To fix this:

Poly:

No USB-C cable.

iPhone lightning port, un-abused.

Bleep-of-dead gone

WiFi, 5G and Bluetooth working without fear of BoD

Phone is free to be kept in holster used independently, without pulling and eventually degrading the USB-C port, on the Mojo2 and iOS device.

With Poly, you just have, ONE, cable, turning the system into: Polyphemus: the one cabled mobile enjoyment monster.

Cyclops.jpg

Then again, maybe I'm wrong, should Poly also pick up the dreaded signals, reading above, it might.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #5,545 of 10,553

if you have a good power source, modern one, thats rated for 'fast charge' output 18w and 3amps.

Mojo2, fully charged, turn it on, only takes a moment, before you hear an internal click and it goes into intelligent desktop mode.

You should not really use a basic, cellphone brick to charge the mojo2, with its 5v 2.4amp output.

Poly: Mobile-Enjoyment

I really think you need the Poly, it's a must, should you use the mojo2 with: Android / iOS

Tested many cables, and the dreaded USB: synchronous/asynchronous/WiFi/Bluetooth/3G/5G gets pumped into the headphones, with eventual dread BLEEEP of Death

iOS, I'm forced to set the device in airplane mode, while listening to music, then using Apple watch to skip tracks, play pause.

I have a conseil carry holsters, left and right, one for the iOS other for the mojo2, USB-C to USB-C to connect both.

While in theory it's nice and cool, it does not work, ddHiFi adapter, moves just a tiny bit in holster, and all signal is lost.

Lighting port is being grinded slowly down with adapter.

USB-C cable will send, iOS internal gut sounds over, with a fluffy electrical haze sound's, turning overall signature into a nasial airy farts, rolling into the BLEEEP of Death.

To fix this:

Poly:

No USB-C cable.

iPhone lightning port, un-abused.

Bleep-of-dead gone

WiFi, 5G and Bluetooth working without fear of BoD

Phone is free to be kept in holster used independently, without pulling and eventually degrading the USB-C port, on the Mojo2 and iOS device.

With Poly, you just have, ONE, cable, turning the system into: Polyphemus: the one cabled mobile enjoyment monster.

Cyclops.jpg

Then again, maybe I'm wrong, should Poly also pick up the dreaded signals, reading above, it might.
does intelligent desktop mode work while charging the poly attached to mojo2 ?

Oct 7, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #5,546 of 10,553

The click is the output relay, and nothing to do with intelligent desktop mode.
The charge indicator (and menu button if powered off) turn purple when the battery's full and the device enters intelligent desktop mode.
The menu button colour can also indicate the charging rate and if the charger isn't supplying sufficient current; Chord recommend a 2A charger.
Below are taken from the manual:

1665134875340.png

1665134968695.png

Oct 7, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #5,547 of 10,553
@SRKRAM Do you have experience with Poly ?

I know how networks work, I'd run it with I.P saved on the network, all that jazz.

Do you know any stories of the Poly, picking up WiFi/SIM card signals, feeding into the headphones ?

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #5,549 of 10,553
@SRKRAM Do you have experience with Poly ?

I know how networks work, I'd run it with I.P saved on the network, all that jazz.

Do you know any stories of the Poly, picking up WiFi/SIM card signals, feeding into the headphones ?
As long as you keep your mobile in one pocket and the poly+mojo in another then you are good to go but if you have the poly and mojo together with your mobile you will still pick up interference. I am using the combo due to the 3G interference when the mojo is directly plugged to my mobile and has nothing to do with the cable. It's purely interference when the mojo is close to a mobile. To be honest if you want to use the mojo as mobile device and you are in a country where 3G is active then the poly is the only way forward. Also poly with the latest update has been working flawlessly to be fair and honest. I used to have several problems with it but not anymore.

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #5,550 of 10,553
As long as you keep your mobile in one pocket and the poly+mojo in another then you are good to go but if you have the poly and mojo together with your mobile you will still pick up interference.
So it really is distance that does it? Basically, if I get a long enough cable? Say just a few feet as opposed to a few inches, I can just separate them and the interference should go away?

I am still very tempted, but potential for interference has definitely been holding me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back