Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 7, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #5,552 of 10,497
So it really is distance that does it? Basically, if I get a long enough cable? Say just a few feet as opposed to a few inches, I can just separate them and the interference should go away?

I am still very tempted, but potential for interference has definitely been holding me back.
Yes, a long cable will work as well.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #5,553 of 10,497
Yes, a long cable will work as well.
Then since I'm much more interested in it as a transportable device, I don't need my phone right on top of it. Still not a fan of the micro USB, but I think I can deal with it.

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #5,554 of 10,497
Hello. I had a mojo and poly and traded in the mojo for a mojo2. I never updated the firmware on the poly and the mojo2/poly combo does not work. It worked fine with the original mojo. Any way i can update the firmware or make it work ? Thanks from a newbie

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #5,555 of 10,497
Hello. I had a mojo and poly and traded in the mojo for a mojo2. I never updated the firmware on the poly and the mojo2/poly combo does not work. It worked fine with the original mojo. Any way i can update the firmware or make it work ? Thanks from a newbie
The original Poly should work with the right firmware. I have no idea how to update firmware, but I think 3 or above and you are good to go. Sorry, I bought my Poly with the correct version so don’t know how to upgrade.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #5,556 of 10,497
ye, just update to the newest firmware, easy as pie.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #5,557 of 10,497
It’s not discoverable on the app nor do i hear any voice commands when i press the poly command button. The mojo 2 works fine on its own. I had no issues with the original mojo and the poly

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #5,558 of 10,497
It’s not discoverable on the app nor do i hear any voice commands when i press the poly command button. The mojo 2 works fine on its own. I had no issues with the original mojo and the poly
I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading that the firmware update had to be carried out with the original Mojo attached?

Oct 7, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #5,560 of 10,497
Updating Polys firmware

• Ensure your version of Gofigure is up to date. (IOS 2.10(4) (Android 1.2.133)
  • Ensure your Poly is on charge and showing a solid white status light.
  • Ensure the Mojo connected to your Poly is successfully switched on
  • Connect to your Poly using the Gofigure application.
  • Check that your Poly is connected to an active wifi network.
  • Enter the ‘device settings’ page and select ‘firmware update’
  • Leave your Poly to complete the update process, this is represented by a multicoloured flashing P.status LED (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE YOUR POLY DURING THIS PROCESS)
  • The Gofigure application will eventually lose connection to your device once it starts rebooting, this process will take approximately 5 minutes (PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RE-CONNECT TO YOUR POLY AT THIS POINT)
  • Once the Poly has completed the update process, the P.status will return to a solid white light for more than 30 seconds and the device will return to charging. Your Poly is now ready to be used.

I'd take a shot in the dark, to restart your router and Poly/Mojo2, see if they'll start to talk to each other.

Try and update the Gofigure App also ?

There is no need to use old mojo or new mojo, does not matter.

If you can, its good to have this device having a locked in IP address, configure that via your router if you can on the 2.4GHz network, not the 5GHz one.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #5,561 of 10,497
Updating Polys firmware

• Ensure your version of Gofigure is up to date. (IOS 2.10(4) (Android 1.2.133)
  • Ensure your Poly is on charge and showing a solid white status light.
  • Ensure the Mojo connected to your Poly is successfully switched on
  • Connect to your Poly using the Gofigure application.
  • Check that your Poly is connected to an active wifi network.
  • Enter the ‘device settings’ page and select ‘firmware update’
  • Leave your Poly to complete the update process, this is represented by a multicoloured flashing P.status LED (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE YOUR POLY DURING THIS PROCESS)
  • The Gofigure application will eventually lose connection to your device once it starts rebooting, this process will take approximately 5 minutes (PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RE-CONNECT TO YOUR POLY AT THIS POINT)
  • Once the Poly has completed the update process, the P.status will return to a solid white light for more than 30 seconds and the device will return to charging. Your Poly is now ready to be used.

I'd take a shot in the dark, to restart your router and Poly/Mojo2, see if they'll start to talk to each other.

Try and update the Gofigure App also ?

There is no need to use old mojo or new mojo, does not matter.

If you can, its good to have this device having a locked in IP address, configure that via your router if you can on the 2.4GHz network, not the 5GHz one.

Good luck.
Original Mojo is required if Poly is not on v3 firmware.
I have to say, given the age of the firmware, I struggle to understand why any Poly's aren't running it

Oct 7, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #5,562 of 10,497
Original Mojo is required if Poly is not on v3 firmware.
I have to say, given the age of the firmware, I struggle to understand why any Poly's aren't running it
I never got a pop up to update the firmware, and honestly never thought to look since the poly was long in the tooth by todays product Upgrade standards. Still, this is infuriating and i have no great options here .

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #5,563 of 10,497
I never got a pop up to update the firmware, and honestly never thought to look since the poly was long in the tooth by todays product Upgrade standards. Still, this is infuriating and i have no great options here .
I think your options are to return to Chord to perform the update.
Ask on this or original Mojo forums if anyone near you can help with their Mojo 1, or ask if a local dealer can help, though they would also need to be in possession of Mojo 1

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #5,564 of 10,497
Another headfier had the same issue and he was based in London where we met, I gave him my mojo OG and he performed the update. I guess you have to find someone with an Mojo OG in your area to meet and perform the update.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #5,565 of 10,497
Another headfier had the same issue and he was based in London where we met, I gave him my mojo OG and he performed the update. I guess you have to find someone with an Mojo OG in your area to meet and perform the update.
Ok. I will figure something out. It’s still beyond comprehension why chord did it this way. I bought from tmr audio and they are trying to help but even they didn’t know about this. There should be a notice in bold that was shared by chord to these dealers that you MUST have v3 running on poly for the chord mojo2
Thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back