Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 8, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #5,566 of 10,736
Ok. I will figure something out. It’s still beyond comprehension why chord did it this way. I bought from tmr audio and they are trying to help but even they didn’t know about this. There should be a notice in bold that was shared by chord to these dealers that you MUST have v3 running on poly for the chord mojo2
Thanks for the advice

or just a simple, Micro-USB-Female, into PC and update the firmware the old school way.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #5,568 of 10,736
Is there a way to do it from chords webpage without the chord app ?

You have to have a Mojo1 it seems sorry.

a mad scientist, would just install the old Mojo1 firmware on the Mojo2.

Then hookup the Poly, update the Poly to newest firmware, using Frankenstein Mojo2, on Mojo1 firmware.

Then connect Mojo2 to the PC again, update to the newest firmware.

This either works

or

Both Mojo2 and Poly get bricked.

Please do not follow my advice.

Find an old Mojo1 to perform the update ;/

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #5,571 of 10,736
Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #5,574 of 10,736
So as of now, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to output audio from Android to Mojo except USB Audio Player Pro app ?
Why would that be the case? Android has always been able to send audio out via USB. You will not get bit perfect output though unless you use something like uapp, or if you are outputting from and Android dap that doesn't resample and is specifically made to output bit perfect audio.

And I'm posting because I just got my mojo 2 and am listening to Spotify via my android phone right now.

Oct 9, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #5,575 of 10,736
Why would that be the case? Android has always been able to send audio out via USB. You will not get bit perfect output though unless you use something like uapp, or if you are outputting from and Android dap that doesn't resample and is specifically made to output bit perfect audio.

And I'm posting because I just got my mojo 2 and am listening to Spotify via my android phone right now.

Thanks for explaining. What is the shown bitrate on Mojo when listening to Spotify on Android ?

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #5,576 of 10,736
Thanks for explaining. What is the shown bitrate on Mojo when listening to Spotify on Android ?
Well it shows sample rate I think, not bitrate, and it's orange, which I'm pretty sure is 48khz. I think that's what android resamples to by default.

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #5,577 of 10,736

Chord-Mojo-Sample-Rate-Color-Scheme.jpg

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #5,579 of 10,736
Is there a noticable loss in sound quality when there is Android upsampling, compared to bit perfect ?
You just paid (wisely ) a good sum of money for your Mojo, mostly for its ability to upsample and decode audio in a manner that is unique and good.
By upsampling in Android you are bypassing most that your Mojo stands for.
Bit perfect is the way to go, unless you wish to use any DSP on Android first.

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #5,580 of 10,736
Is there a noticable loss in sound quality when there is Android upsampling, compared to bit perfect ?
Noticeable... maybe. I mean the audio is being resampled before being sent to the mojo, so you arent getting it as it originally was. Whether its really noticeable, probably not a huge amount or at all if you are just listening casually. But if you truly care about squeezing every last drop of quality and are actively listening for it, then yea maybe. For me, especially when streaming lossy audio, I personally dont care too much. It still sounds plenty good, even if its not reaching 100% of its potential. But, its also hard to say if you are doing something like streaming from spotify from an android phone since there really is no way to get it to the mojo bit perfect.

If you are this concerned though, then yea maybe it would be an issue for you. As was already mentioned, Usb audio player pro exists. If you are playing locally stored files, it can send them bit perfect to the mojo. And if you use tidal or qobuz, you can stream those directly through usb audio player pro as well.

The other option is you can get an android dap. Most recent android daps have their own audio stack that does not resample. Of course, then you are carrying a dap and the mojo, which in some cases defeats the purpose. Or really any other device as a transport. But if your goal is streaming, then you will again be limited by where you can stream from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back