Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #5,492 of 10,450
The mojo 2 does not need to be powered from the source device so buy such a cable if you like the looks but don’t expect any audible difference.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #5,493 of 10,450
I need a usb-c - usb-c cable for connecting smart phone to Mojo 2.
I prefer L shape plug with 0.5m length. It is ok a cheap one like this?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKU3nwo

Is it high price (30$) justified for buy expensive one?

The stock cable seems to be a cheap one.
I have been posting on the Chord threads since 2016, and my advice is don't fall into the trap of evaluating everything in terms of price.
With the Mojo 1 I discovered that 'cheap' cables with the addition of a €2.5 clip on choke removes virtually all RFI and noise from a usb cable.
Sure there are many dealers who will try and convince you that if you don't spend €300 on a cable, then you are a poor/irresponsible owner of audio gear.
More important are questions such as, is the cable shielded? is the cable shield connected at both ends of the cable, or just the Mojo end, or the signal source end? etc, are ignored.
Many dealers and 'facebook experts' will claim that they don't do measurements, but that if you spend €300 on their recommended cable, then everything will be fine, without any evidence to back their claims up.
Your wallet, your decision.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #5,494 of 10,450
The mojo2 is now the heart of my bedside setup. It's great with the Meze Elite and Focal Utopia, with a gentle bass boost.

20220927_233904.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #5,496 of 10,450
With that temptation to listen to music, how do you find enough time to sleep? :relaxed:
I often fall asleep past 3am when I am forced to take the headphones off my head. I need at least 5 hours of sleep.

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #5,497 of 10,450
The mojo 2 does not need to be powered from the source device so buy such a cable if you like the looks but don’t expect any audible difference.

This will apply when I connect to PC in desktop mode?

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #5,499 of 10,450
The mojo2 is now the heart of my bedside setup. It's great with the Meze Elite and Focal Utopia, with a gentle bass boost.

Do you need to manually adjust the bit rate when you're playing music via Audio Midi?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #5,502 of 10,450
Do you need to manually adjust the bit rate when you're playing music via Audio Midi?

What music source ?

Tidal in exclusive mode will change the audio settings to suit, if I recall so will Qobuz. If using Apple Music you can download an app called Lossless Switcher and it will automatically change Audio Midi for you.

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #5,503 of 10,450
Anyone using a mojo with DCA Stealth or Expanse headphones?
Using the DCA ARON Noire with Mojo 2 and Hugo 2. The Noires need a lot of power but both Mojo 2 and Hugo 2 drive them to high sound pressure levels. Can’t say how it compares to a full size desktop amp though…
I tried the Stealth briefly and it didn’t seem to be harder to drive than the Noires.

For portable use I can’t think of a better option than the Mojo 2 in terms of size, SQ and power

Oct 1, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #5,504 of 10,450
Anyone using a mojo with DCA Stealth or Expanse headphones?

As with the reply above I also have DCA Aeon Noire that I use sometimes with an original Mojo. Yes it will run them and they sound nice but if pushed hard the Mojo will distort trying to power the Noire. I expect the Stealth and Expanse would be the same or worse.

Run the Aeon on a Schiit Asgard 3 and it will drive them far beyond what the Mojo can manage and there is zero distortion.

Of course the Mojo is very portable if that is what you need but it is a compromise for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #5,505 of 10,450
Can the Mojo 2 be run without a battery and just from a 5V 2A charger?

I understand this would require taking the Mojo 2 apart and void my warranty, etc. I'm just curious about whether it can operate without the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back