Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 23, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #5,461 of 10,542
I don’t feel one should refer to EQ when describing the UHD DSP of the mojo 2. It really does change the sound character to match the iem connected. Here are my settings for my iems. Still deciding if I want to adjust for the IE800(s).

D57364B4-1FCE-4673-8A4E-8C3A6253CA81.jpeg

This feature alone is a reason to buy or upgrade to the mojo 2.
I received my mojo2 yesterday and really enjoy this eq setting with my legend evo, thanks for sharing!
I notice the first column(Colour) is empty in some iem's setting which means turning Crossfeed off right?

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #5,462 of 10,542
I received my mojo2 yesterday and really enjoy this eq setting with my legend evo, thanks for sharing!
I notice the first column(Colour) is empty in some iem's setting which means turning Crossfeed off right?
They crossfeed is the right button. The left button controls brightness of the orbs

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #5,463 of 10,542
I read it as don't apply any EQ to that frequency, not turn off crossfeed, which is a different function. You can have EQ applied and use crossfeed at the same time as they are independent functions of UHD DSP.

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #5,464 of 10,542
I never considered crossfeed as I am not a big fan. I understand why it is important to some though. I just used that cell for a note. I am still using these settings. Glad they helped.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #5,465 of 10,542
I read it as don't apply any EQ to that frequency, not turn off crossfeed, which is a different function. You can have EQ applied and use crossfeed at the same time as they are independent functions of UHD DSP.
Yes, I found crossfeed is a very interesting sauce which changes the vocal imaging and soundstage as well (good for some monitors while not good for other).
The matching of eq & crossfeed requires a lot of patience and very sensitive ear.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #5,466 of 10,542
I never considered crossfeed as I am not a big fan. I understand why it is important to some though. I just used that cell for a note. I am still using these settings. Glad they helped.
Many thanks, really helped.
I found the crossfeed somehow make some pop songs sound unnatural while optimize the separation of musical instruments in OST.
To compare the difference will be a interesting journey, glad to know your preference, help a lot:beerchug:

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #5,467 of 10,542
Crossfeed is one of those things where it's pretty hard to reach any conclusive decisions on whether to use it or not - on the other hand it kind of shrinks the soundstage and makes some music sound less exciting, but on the other hand it reduces listening fatigue and is absolutely essential with old stereo records that have unnaturally strong channel separation (eg. one instrument is mixed so that it only appears on either left or right channel). And further than that, it also seems to depend on headphones how well it works, as a general rule I don't like it as much with warmer headphones (again, barring those old stereo records where I always use it).

So yeah, I've been dabbling around with different crossfeed implementations for over a decade now, yet I still keep toggling it on and off depending on the day, feeling, music and headphones I'm using. All I know is that I'm happy that it is an option with Mojo 2, and the implementation works well where and when it is needed.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #5,469 of 10,542
What does the blinking blue LED mean during use, with the charger connected?
It is not indicated on the manual
Thank you
From memory, the LED pulses when it is connected to the charger.

Just checked the manual, section 6.2 line 1.

Sep 24, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #5,470 of 10,542
Here's my Mojo 2 stack. I got an old iPhone XS from my wife and stuck them together with picture mounting Command strips. They're like adhesive velcro, so I can separate them if needed, and I should be able to remove the strips without damaging the devices.
I mounted the mojo this way up and offset so I can have the volume controls on top. I also put the mojo far enough down that it doesn't block the iPhone's power button.
They're connected with the Fiio lightning to USB-C cable and I leave a micro USB to USB-C adaptor permanently plugged in for charging, so at least I only need 2 different charging cables around the house instead of 3.
It works pretty nicely. The mojo is like a hand grip for the iPhone, and everything is quite accessible. It's also stable when I put it down. The command strips can each hold 5. 4kg, and there are 2 of them (or 4 if you count both sides), so if feels very secure.

20220924_214133.jpg

20220924_214152.jpg

Sep 24, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #5,472 of 10,542
Thank you Chris..
does intelligent desktop mode work even when the mojo is on? I mean, during use and with the charger always connected, does the battery not overcharge?
That's the whole reason for intelligent desktop mode. If you leave the charger continually connected for around 24 hours, the unit preserves the battery.

Edit: If you disconnect and reconnect the charger, it fully charges and you need to leave it another day to get back to intelligent desktop mode.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #5,474 of 10,542
And starting to wonder, why would one actually need a better setup than this. The occasionally slightly aggressive treble of the T90 can easily be tamed with the Mojo's EQ, and the full detail of the Mojo sound is still there.

Of course not, but we always want more in this hobby. Endgame is a fantasy imo.

Sep 24, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #5,475 of 10,542
Edit: If you disconnect and reconnect the charger, it fully charges and you need to leave it another day to get back to intelligent desktop mode.

It takes around 6 hours from flat recharge to go into desktop mode, I put my mojo on charge at lunchtime, it was in desktop mode at 7pm tnight when I got home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back