Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 18, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #4,326 of 10,898

Attachments

• kabel-3-5-mm-minijack-2-x-rca-melodika-mdmj2r50-5-m-b-iext54289627.jpeg
    kabel-3-5-mm-minijack-2-x-rca-melodika-mdmj2r50-5-m-b-iext54289627.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #4,327 of 10,898
Anybody else using HQPlayer with Mojo 2? I find this to be an absolutely remarkable combination, given that Mojo can decode PCM 768khz upsampled files.

Truly revelatory sound for me.

Unfortunately, the user experience of HQPlayer is garbage, but I found a workaround that allows me to use my preferred player on Windows, MusicBee, to stream to HQPlayer, which then outputs to the Mojo.

Highly recommend giving HQPlayer a listen. And thanks again to @GoldenOne for sharing your HQPlayer settings in another thread. It would've taken me a lifetime to figure out how to set it up otherwise.

Now if I could only figure out how to route Amazon HD Music to HQPlayer, I'd be all set.
Hi @rlanger. Could you please point me to this thread where @GoldenOne shared his HQPlayer settings for the Mojo 2?
Thanks

May 18, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #4,328 of 10,898
Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #4,331 of 10,898
If you can, could you link me to a tutorial how to do it?
I use my Mojo 2 essentially as a desktop device.
As pointed out by msz38 above, all you need is a 3.5mm to RCA cable (I have one from QED, cheap and decent quality).
The amp is then plugged into the headphone socket and (I believe, not 100% certain on this) the Mojo 2 automatically goes into line-out mode.
On Mojo 1 you had to press the buttons in a certain way to activate line-out, but on M2 this is done automatically as far as I can tell.

My amp is the Lake People G109 and this set up works perfectly: Laptop --> Mojo as DAC --> G109 --> headphones.

To be honest I don't know how necessary this is as I've never had issues with the Mojo's built in amp, and the G109 isn't a TOTL monster or tube amp that is going to make a huge difference. But I like it.

My Mojo hasn't been out of the house since I received it and for all intents and purposes it's a desktop DAC/Amp to me. In my opinion this versatility adds a lot to its appeal.

May 18, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #4,332 of 10,898
As pointed out by msz38 above, all you need is a 3.5mm to RCA cable (I have one from QED, cheap and decent quality).
The amp is then plugged into the headphone socket and (I believe, not 100% certain on this) the Mojo 2 automatically goes into line-out mode.
On Mojo 1 you had to press the buttons in a certain way to activate line-out, but on M2 this is done automatically as far as I can tell.

My amp is the Lake People G109 and this set up works perfectly: Laptop --> Mojo as DAC --> G109 --> headphones.

To be honest I don't know how necessary this is as I've never had issues with the Mojo's built in amp, and the G109 isn't a TOTL monster or tube amp that is going to make a huge difference. But I like it.

My Mojo hasn't been out of the house since I received it and for all intents and purposes it's a desktop DAC/Amp to me. In my opinion this versatility adds a lot to its appeal.
There is no line out mode (auto or manual) on Mojo 2.

May 18, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #4,333 of 10,898

There is no line out mode, though you don't explicitly need one.
Just adjust the output level to about 2v and you're good to go.

May 18, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #4,334 of 10,898
In which case I would be double-amping. Not sure if this has any drawbacks. I haven't noticed any issues with SQ, but did notice the battery seems to drain a little faster.
What's certain is that the Mojo can be used on a desktop with a separate amp if desired.

May 18, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #4,335 of 10,898
There is no line out mode, though you don't explicitly need one.
Just adjust the output level to about 2v and you're good to go.
How do you do that, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back