Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 18, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #4,336 of 10,548
How do you do that, please?
I'll let you know what color 2v is once I get my mojo 2 replacement.
Though it starts to clip at just over 4.3V so tbh you could just turn it up til you hear clipping then go down a few notches

May 18, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #4,337 of 10,548
From my Mojo 2 presentation:

Slide13.JPG

So for 2v you need to set both volume LEDs to indigo (that's the first colour above blue).

May 18, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #4,338 of 10,548

Slide13.JPG

So for 2v you need to set both volume LEDs to indigo (that's the first colour above blue).
Many thanks for this Rob, helpful

May 18, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #4,339 of 10,548

Slide13.JPG

Thank you very much! I am not planning to connect my Mojo 2 with an amplifier but it's good to know.

May 18, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #4,340 of 10,548
Chord really needs to address the issue. As I posted before, the DACs should have been designed to mute when the USB synchronization fails. Ignoring the issue is naïve because all it takes is one user with an deep fitting universal or custom in ear monitor to file a lawsuit claiming hearing damage from the loud white noise...
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/05/17/apple-airpods-pro-amber-alert-lawsuit/
I fully and 100% agree!!

I also believe that Chord should have a tutorial, on their website, with clear and detailed instructions on how to set up the Mojo 2 on Windows 10/11

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #4,341 of 10,548
In which case I would be double-amping. Not sure if this has any drawbacks. I haven't noticed any issues with SQ, but did notice the battery seems to drain a little faster.
What's certain is that the Mojo can be used on a desktop with a separate amp if desired.
There is no “double amping” as has been explained numerous times in all the Chord DAC threads. The dac digital to analog conversion is also the integrated output, similar to all DACs, but unlike other dacs, there is no additional amp stage.

May 18, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #4,342 of 10,548
There is no “double amping” as has been explained numerous times in all the Chord DAC threads. The dac digital to analog conversion is also the integrated output, similar to all DACs, but unlike other dacs, there is no additional amp stage.
Hi, I have no intention of connecting my Mojo 2 with an external amp any time soon, but just because I'm clueless, do you mean that if the Mojo 2 is connected to an amp and the volume will be set to "Indigo", there cannot be/will not be any loss in sound quality? Just trying to understand :)

May 18, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #4,343 of 10,548
Sincere apologies for not having read all the Chord DAC threads... and many thanks for taking the time to share this, I have learned something new today.

May 18, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #4,344 of 10,548
Hi, I have no intention of connecting my Mojo 2 with an external amp any time soon, but just because I'm clueless, do you mean that if the Mojo 2 is connected to an amp and the volume will be set to "Indigo", there cannot be/will not be any loss in sound quality? Just trying to understand :)
No problem, I am also using a Chord product first time.

There no clipping or quality loss if you keep the volume on Mojo 2 below Indigo.

I am using it with my Topping A30 Pro.

May 18, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #4,346 of 10,548
No problem, I am also using a Chord product first time.

There no clipping or quality loss if you keep the volume on Mojo 2 below Indigo.

I am using it with my Topping A30 Pro.
Thank you! :)

I have one more question, this matters to me, if you or anyone else can enlighten me, I'd be grateful!!

How can I connect my Mojo 2 with my FiiO BTA30 Pro, so that I will be listening from my UTWS5?
Can this even happen?
What are the consequences to the sound quality?

Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #4,347 of 10,548
Thank you! :)

I have one more question, this matters to me, if you or anyone else can enlighten me, I'd be grateful!!

How can I connect my Mojo 2 with my FiiO BTA30 Pro, so that I will be listening from my UTWS5?
Can this even happen?
What are the consequences to the sound quality?

Thanks a lot! :)
No problem.

I don't think that's possible as it has all digital inputs and Mojo doesn't have any digital output.

May 18, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #4,348 of 10,548
The chord DACs do have an additional output stage. You can see it on the PCB of the device and RW has also spoken a bit about the design of it on a few threads.

They also talk about it in one of their explainer videos. They try to keep to a minimal number of components in the signal path, but there is an output stage.

4:17 here:

1652883303866.png

May 18, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #4,349 of 10,548
I use my Mojo 2 essentially as a desktop device.
As pointed out by msz38 above, all you need is a 3.5mm to RCA cable (I have one from QED, cheap and decent quality).
The amp is then plugged into the headphone socket and (I believe, not 100% certain on this) the Mojo 2 automatically goes into line-out mode.
On Mojo 1 you had to press the buttons in a certain way to activate line-out, but on M2 this is done automatically as far as I can tell.

My amp is the Lake People G109 and this set up works perfectly: Laptop --> Mojo as DAC --> G109 --> headphones.

To be honest I don't know how necessary this is as I've never had issues with the Mojo's built in amp, and the G109 isn't a TOTL monster or tube amp that is going to make a huge difference. But I like it.

My Mojo hasn't been out of the house since I received it and for all intents and purposes it's a desktop DAC/Amp to me. In my opinion this versatility adds a lot to its appeal.
So that means that the amp of the Chord Mojo 2 will be bypassed when i connect the headphone socket to my external amp?

May 18, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #4,350 of 10,548
So that means that the amp of the Chord Mojo 2 will be bypassed when i connect the headphone socket to my external amp?
I am not certain how it works in practice, and the feedback is somewhat contradictory:
On one hand, the Mojo 2 doesn't have an additional amp stage to bypass; on the other it has an output stage of some sort which might or might not be bypassed. my technical knowledge is limited so I can't determine what's happening exactly.

regardless, in my experience (I'm listening to music from the Mojo out of the G109 as I type) the Mojo can easily be connected to a separate amp without detriment to the SQ (to my ears). I followed the advice to set the volume on the Mojo at a 2v level and it works fine.

if you have the opportunity you should definitely experiment with this and see if you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back