Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 31, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #1,516 of 10,542
@ChordElectronics @Rob Watts Will you see with Head Fi how to migrate this to an official Mojo 2 thread (not just speculation as it was). I see that now other threads are being created under the Sponsored forum, etc. Becoming a bit of a mess in that sense...
What’s messy? Keep posting, keep reading. Someone can change the title, maybe add “ and impressions now released”

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #1,517 of 10,542
You can get lightening to USB C cable from a Cayin, Shanling, Lotoo. Those cable have “Made for iPhone/iPad” chip I guess.
That is interesting thank you.

From your reply I guess that the Mojo 2 cannot be plugged into the iPhone with a simple OTG cable. However a "made for iPhone" cable might work well.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #1,518 of 10,542
Seeing that Micro-USB charging port killed it immediately for me
I found that rather disappointing. I hate Micro-USB. It is never the right way around when I want to plug it in and I find myself fiddling around with it. USB-C is really good that way. Actually Apple's Lightning port is also really good I think however it has the problem of being limited of course. However Micro-USB is horrible. I was surprised to see any Micro-USB on this new device. Everyone is moving to USB-C now I think.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #1,519 of 10,542
I may by old Mojo. Just to taste the feel. But the new one is an insult to human interface with respect to the age where we are. And with respect to the price asked it's no go. Sorry. Why this reminds me of Sir Sinclair.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,520 of 10,542
I am looking at the Mojo 2 with interest. Currently I have an iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon, which is fabulous. However I've only had it a couple of weeks and, actually, I could still send it back within the 30 day period if I decide to get a Mojo 2.

Initially though there is one big negative with the Mojo 2 which is that it does not have bluetooth. I have been very surprised by the usefulness of the inclusion of bluetooth with the xDSD Gryphon. I thought I was never going to use it, but the quality of it is really very good indeed, it is not as good as using the cable, but it is massively better than the bluetooth with the bluetooth headphones I have (Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBT). So, it seems to me that the loss in quality of using bluetooth with those headphones is actually more about the audio circuitry for that than it is about the bluetooth.

I like to use my xDSD Gryphon when out walking and on public transport (with FiiO FH7 IEMs), and then I am using my iPhone for other things. It is so handy to have the xDSD Gryphon connected with bluetooth. I still take the OTG cable so I can have a sit on the promenade (in Brighton & Hove city) maybe after I've done all the things for the day and then I will plug in the xDSD Gryphon and listen to music in first class quality.

So, I think not having the bluetooth with the Mojo 2 will probably mean I won't be getting one, even though there is much about it to really like. I like possibilities with the DSP that it has such as the different cross-feed choices.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,521 of 10,542
Hi everyone!

I've read through the whole thread and can't find an answer as to whether it's possible to set the line output. If there isn't, does it know what volume to set (the colour of the volume balls) that will be closest to the 3V value?
I should receive the Mojo 2 tomorrow or Wednesday and would like to know this so I don't overdrive the Mojo or the signal is too low. I couldn't find anything in the manual about this either.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,522 of 10,542
can't find an answer as to whether it's possible to set the line output.
The original Mojo just pre set a certain volume level for line output level. So, even if the Mojo 2 doesn't have a preset for it, once we learn which volume color is 'line out', you can just set it to that. However, setting the Mojo 2 to desktop mode, may set this automatically.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #1,523 of 10,542
Hi everyone!

I've read through the whole thread and can't find an answer as to whether it's possible to set the line output. If there isn't, does it know what volume to set (the colour of the volume balls) that will be closest to the 3V value?
I should receive the Mojo 2 tomorrow or Wednesday and would like to know this so I don't overdrive the Mojo or the signal is too low. I couldn't find anything in the manual about this either.
Not sure if it helps
BEC5DF89-A8F2-4402-8FA5-69C7C8CD2F86.jpeg

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #1,524 of 10,542
Seeing that Micro-USB charging port killed it immediately for me.

At least it also has USB-C. They had to keep the micro USB ports for backwards compatibility with the Poly. Micro USB is not dead yet. I still have current modern day devices that use it such as my Sony ZV-1 camera.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,525 of 10,542
Micro-USB connectors are an abomination and over the years has caused several devices of mine to fail. They have no place on premium product at this price point in 2022.

I understand why Chord have done this but also desperately disappointed in their decision.

As Chord only offer a "bog standard" 12 month warranty, I won't be spending any of my money on one of these.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,526 of 10,542
The original Mojo just pre set a certain volume level for line output level. So, even if the Mojo 2 doesn't have a preset for it, once we learn which volume color is 'line out', you can just set it to that. However, setting the Mojo 2 to desktop mode, may set this automatically.
I guess Mojo goes in desktop mode once the battery is charged and if it goes to 2v automatically then a lot of IEMs are gonna blow away

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,527 of 10,542
Micro-USB connectors are an abomination and over the years has caused several devices of mine to fail. They have no place on premium product at this price point in 2022.

I understand why Chord have done this but also desperately disappointed in their decision.

As Chord only offer a "bog standard" 12 month warranty, I won't be spending any of my money on one of these.
People would have complained much worse had they left micro-usb out, with zero backwards compatibility with the Poly, which is a fairly recently released product.

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,529 of 10,542
People would have complained much worse had they left micro-usb out, with zero backwards compatibility with the Poly, which is a fairly recently released product.
I've no issue with the presence of the pesky micro-USB connectors but that the charging port is a single point of failure - one that through prior bad experience, I have no confidence in.

Not adding in the option to charge through the USB-C connector is a mistake.

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,530 of 10,542

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back