Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 31, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,531 of 10,527
Where is the official thread? Going to wait for a comparison review of Mojo OG, Mojo 2 and Hugo 2.

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,532 of 10,527
Jan 31, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,533 of 10,527
I've no issue with the presence of the pesky micro-USB connectors but that the charging port is a single point of failure - one that through prior bad experience, I have no confidence in.

Not adding in the option to charge through the USB-C connector is a mistake.
Exactly that. I wouldn’t of spend 600€ on a product that only charges via micro-USB in 2022.

As far as I remember, the release of the Poly is several years ago. And while I value longer product lifetimes, I still consider it an error to hold the more important part (Mojo) back by a requirement to be backwards compatible with a rather old accessory that sold much less units.

But as I said above, it’s fine with me. I don’t have to get one after all. I feel a bit frustrated by Chords choices, but otherwise I’m sure it’s still a fine sounding device. I don’t need one, so ultimately I don’t care that much…

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #1,534 of 10,527
Where is the official thread? Going to wait for a comparison review of Mojo OG, Mojo 2 and Hugo 2.
We will get those reviews once real world user get their hands on it. Right now it’s marketing engine rolling

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,535 of 10,527
They're a retailer who wants to sell Mojo2's, so this is expected.
Okay. With the name "audio advice" I thought it would be giving me audio advice.

I found it strange that one the first things he paired the Mojo 2 up with was a pair of wireless headphones which have their own internal DACs. Then, he beamed about how much better it sounded than the speaker jack on his laptop. You don't need a $700 product to improve performance of a wireless headphone or the speaker jack on your laptop. You first need a better headphone which is what you should spend the $700 on and a $100 DAC. And why would you wire up a wireless headphone in the first place?

If Rob Watts saw that video, I think he would be cringing.

Now, if you paired the Mojo 2 up with a Hifiman Susvara and it sounded great, then that would be something and would make the Mojo 2 worth buying.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #1,536 of 10,527
But imagine how we, Hugo 2 owners, feel when reading that. I mean progress, all for it and glad Rob could implement it in the Mojo2. But it still feels a bit wrong for my Hugo 2... :)
Yeah, it’s tough reading about new tech implementations. I just sold my Hugo2 in favor of the Mojo 2. My preorder is in.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,537 of 10,527
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,538 of 10,527
Exactly, same as Hugo 2 - only for preserving battery.

Line level isn't a big deal to me. It's not like it's an actual line out, it just locks the volume at 2v or whatever it is. I never found it works especially well on Hugo 2 or Mojo, as it never seemed to "remember" this setting unless you went either up or down one notch on the volume.
Yes that was always the functionality - line out was the short cut to a line out voltage but did not remember the setting. If one used the voltage buttons to +ve or -ve the voltage was remembered, and this caught out some iem users.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #1,539 of 10,527
@Rob Watts

Please is the 40,960 taps running at (what you call) full speed?

It would be nice to guage tap speed in comparison to Mojo and Hugo 2.

If it is full speed, it's four-fifths a Hugo 2, which is - :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:.

(If I recall right the original Mojo was 38,000 taps at half speed.)
Check Robs posts. I think it may have been 38,000 taps but with the algorithm parameters tweaked so that it was averaged at 26,000 taps.
Apologies if this memory is not 100% exact, but a simple search should reveal the exact number of taps etc. :relaxed:

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,540 of 10,527
I couldn’t find any info in the tech specs about UAC1 support. The original Mojo didn’t support it so I know the chances are probably slim to none.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,542 of 10,527
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,543 of 10,527
If it's high tech and/or mainstream, it won't be from Chord. They want to bring 3.5mm, micro USB, the poly, and little round colorful UI balls back into fashion.

I'm guessing UAC1 is out of the question. And don't expect any firmware updates. I don't think the Mojo 1 had any.

Looking forward to buying one of these on the classifieds in six months.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,544 of 10,527
I've no issue with the presence of the pesky micro-USB connectors but that the charging port is a single point of failure - one that through prior bad experience, I have no confidence in.

Not adding in the option to charge through the USB-C connector is a mistake.

I'd have to agree here. If charging was capable on the USBC port it'd be a non issue. Since you can only charge via the Micro.. strange. That connector came out mid 2000s. I'd also hoped the Mojo2 would have been an all in one device, retiring the poly. Sacrifices have been made to hang onto that dated accessory.

Thankfully SQ is the top priority, so maybe there's some hope there. Hope it's a knock out of the park for those that buy.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #1,545 of 10,527
If it's high tech and/or mainstream, it won't be from Chord. They want to bring 3.5mm, micro USB, the poly, and little round colorful UI balls back into fashion.

I'm guessing UAC1 is out of the question. And don't expect any firmware updates. I don't think the Mojo 1 had any.

Looking forward to buying one of these on the classifieds in six months.
Yeah, I'll buy one when the price reaches about $400-450.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back