Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 31, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,501 of 10,527
I have a question about the Mojo 2. When used with the iPhone do you still need the Apple camera connection kit as with the old Mojo or will the Mojo 2 plug into the iPhone directly?

I wonder if those with the old Mojo have found if the Apple camera connection kit has a negative impact on the sound?

Thank you.
You can get lightening to USB C cable from a Cayin, Shanling, Lotoo. Those cable have “Made for iPhone/iPad” chip I guess.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,502 of 10,527
When the battery is fully charged it will go into desktop mode - and unlike Hugo 2 the battery is disconnected to preserve battery life. That meant I had to improve the PSU regulation/rejection and design the charger so that when in desktop mode it was a low impedance high current power source.
This is even better! Thanks for chiming in Rob.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #1,503 of 10,527
This is even better! Thanks for chiming in Rob.

But imagine how we, Hugo 2 owners, feel when reading that. I mean progress, all for it and glad Rob could implement it in the Mojo2. But it still feels a bit wrong for my Hugo 2... :)

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #1,505 of 10,527
@Rob Watts

Please is the 40,960 taps running at (what you call) full speed?

It would be nice to guage tap speed in comparison to Mojo and Hugo 2.

If it is full speed, it's four-fifths a Hugo 2, which is - :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:.

(If I recall right the original Mojo was 38,000 taps at half speed.)
The speed is irrelevant - it's taps that count. It doesn't matter if you use 80 DSP cores at "half" speed (Mojo 2) or 40 cores at "full" speed - the result is the same. So it is indeed four fifths of Hugo 2 tap length - but remember no WTA 2 and taps are only part of the overall sound quality.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #1,507 of 10,527
Too bad that Mojo 2 doesn’t have wifi capability, I don’t really see the new killing features of Mojo 2, maybe the EQ but many users don’t care.

Given that Poly exists, to show at is possible, it's almost perverse that wireless has not been addressed with a simplified, cheaper, single use case add-on BT or wifi adapter to stream straight off a phone or server.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #1,509 of 10,527
So who is going to pay $1000 to upgrade from the Poly + Mojo to the Poly + Mojo 2? (as you also have to buy a new case, which is atleast $200)

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #1,512 of 10,527
I was in fact waiting for the Mojos successor for quite some time now, but fortunately I won't have to spend any money -- which is not a bad thing :wink:
Seeing that Micro-USB charging port killed it immediately for me... sorry to say that. V3,5mm headphone output is OK, at least one 6.3mm would have been better. An integrated Bluetooth receiver would have been nice since I'd never consider the Poly: much too complicated product, making the whole package much too large and heavy.

Then... that menu button. I don't need EQ and could not care less about that new feature (crossfeed maybe a bit more interesting, but mostly not my cup of tea either). But having a menu button that has me remember some color code -- no, thanks.

Yes, I'm quite disappointed, which may make this post sound harsher than necessary. But on the other hand, its one item less to care about, to wait for I guess. Still have fond memories of my original Mojo which I sold long ago, I'll just keep my old Hugo (1. gen) and call it a day.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #1,513 of 10,527
The speed is irrelevant - it's taps that count. It doesn't matter if you use 80 DSP cores at "half" speed (Mojo 2) or 40 cores at "full" speed - the result is the same. So it is indeed four fifths of Hugo 2 tap length - but remember no WTA 2 and taps are only part of the overall sound quality.
Ooh, so Mojo 2 uses a more powerful FPGA, the XC7A25T? Or the 35T?

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #1,514 of 10,527
@ChordElectronics @Rob Watts Will you see with Head Fi how to migrate this to an official Mojo 2 thread (not just speculation as it was). I see that now other threads are being created under the Sponsored forum, etc. Becoming a bit of a mess in that sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back