Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #42,691 of 42,765
For what it's worth I had both and sold the Mojo2, prefer the Mojo1 sound. The Mojo2 has many characteristics that tick the typical audiophile boxes: more linear bass response, with seemingly deeper reach, better separation of instruments in space, perhaps a touch more resolution. But the reason I prefer the 1 is that the 2 seems cleaner and more accurate, but the 1 captures the joy and excitement of music better. The 2, for me, was more accurate but also a bit more boring. I felt like maybe I needed to pair it with a tube amp to bring a bit of extra life out of it.
I heartly agree with.
On the other hand, I appreciate to possibilities, the Mojo 2 brings to the table.

I like to boost the lows and reduce the highs by a bit when coupled with my Era-1 to get a little more fun while listening to metal.
Especially the low end boost is what I use regular and, for me, is a nice add on over the Mojo 1.

Other than that, I could life with the sound of the Mojo OG to the end. :)

p.s.
It really depends on the headphone too.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #42,692 of 42,765
Mojo2 is more analytical. Mojo classic is more homogenized.
That's how I can describe them in short. Facilities, EQ set aside.
Some brighter, harder sounding headphones can benefit from the classic.
Higher end (sonically!) headphones benefit from Mojo2.
In particular, Mojo2 has more resolution at bass. Mids are more open. Subjectively speaking ofcourse.
On paper, they should be identical.

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #42,693 of 42,765
To anyone interested in converting the Mojo into a permanent desktop DAC and rid yourself from charging the battery, this is the cable/connector i recommend for connecting to the internal battery plug, which you can then feed from the external 7.5Vdc source of your choice. It is much longer than the ones i see on Amazon and costs only $1 + shipping.
The leads are actually longer than they appear on the website photo, they measure approx 5' giving you a lot of installation flexibility.

This way you are NEVER using the charging circuit when playing music and the Mojo remains cool at all times.

https://rapidled.com/search?type=product&q=driver*+jumper*

*Please note the polarity is in reverse, make sure to invert the + and - leads when connecting to the power source.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024-002445_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024-002445_Chrome.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231025_154013.jpg
    20231025_154013.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #42,694 of 42,765
Mojo2 is more analytical. Mojo classic is more homogenized.
That's how I can describe them in short. Facilities, EQ set aside.
Some brighter, harder sounding headphones can benefit from the classic.
Higher end (sonically!) headphones benefit from Mojo2.
In particular, Mojo2 has more resolution at bass. Mids are more open. Subjectively speaking ofcourse.
On paper, they should be identical.
I have Mojo 1 and highly considering upgrade to Mojo 2 to pair with my Mr Speakers Ether Flow (1st gen).
Do they pair properly? Any recommended EQ adjustment on Mojo 2?
Thanks in advance

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #42,695 of 42,765
I have Mojo 1 and highly considering upgrade to Mojo 2 to pair with my Mr Speakers Ether Flow (1st gen).
Do they pair properly? Any recommended EQ adjustment on Mojo 2?
Thanks in advance
If Mojo 1 works, so does 2!
To me EQ is sacrilege. I wouldn't know..
If you get one, don't expect to be blown away immediately. Give it two weeks min.
Not for Mojo2 to burn in. for your ears and brain to burn in.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #42,697 of 42,765
Question for the knowledagable amongst you; I have an original Mojo that I used with my iPhone 8 and then 12 with a Fiio lightning to micro-USB connector. I now have an iPhone 14pro max and the Fiio connector no longer seems to work, I’ve tried the Apple CCK to USB from my phone into the mojo but nothing seems to work. I’d rather not sell the mojo even despite its limited use, does anyone have any good solutions or cables that work please?

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #42,698 of 42,765
Question for the knowledagable amongst you; I have an original Mojo that I used with my iPhone 8 and then 12 with a Fiio lightning to micro-USB connector. I now have an iPhone 14pro max and the Fiio connector no longer seems to work, I’ve tried the Apple CCK to USB from my phone into the mojo but nothing seems to work. I’d rather not sell the mojo even despite its limited use, does anyone have any good solutions or cables that work please?
Good news! I have the original Mojo which I used with an iPhone 7 (I think I had it back then), then the iPhone 11, and now iPhone 14 Pro Max. It still works perfectly for me. Before migrating to the 14 Pro Max I had lost my Fiio cable so I purchased this one…

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

I bought the shorter one. As a bonus, unlike my previous cable, it actually fits without my having to take off my large Otterbox case.

Interestingly enough, the page mentions a few DACs with which this cable is not compatible, including Fiio. For whatever reason, it is compatible with the original Mojo. I have had zero issues up till now… knock on wood.

I hope this works for you as well. Keep me posted.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #42,699 of 42,765
Good news! I have the original Mojo which I used with an iPhone 7 (I think I had it back then), then the iPhone 11, and now iPhone 14 Pro Max. It still works perfectly for me. Before migrating to the 14 Pro Max I had lost my Fiio cable so I purchased this one…

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

I bought the shorter one. As a bonus, unlike my previous cable, it actually fits without my having to take off my large Otterbox case.

Interestingly enough, the page mentions a few DACs with which this cable is not compatible, including Fiio. For whatever reason, it is compatible with the original Mojo. I have had zero issues up till now… knock on wood.

I hope this works for you as well. Keep me posted.
Ordered, thanks for the recommendation 🤞🏻

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #42,700 of 42,765
To anyone interested in converting the Mojo into a permanent desktop DAC and rid yourself from charging the battery, this is the cable/connector i recommend for connecting to the internal battery plug, which you can then feed from the external 7.5Vdc source of your choice. It is much longer than the ones i see on Amazon and costs only $1 + shipping.
The leads are actually longer than they appear on the website photo, they measure approx 5' giving you a lot of installation flexibility.

This way you are NEVER using the charging circuit when playing music and the Mojo remains cool at all times.

https://rapidled.com/search?type=product&q=driver*+jumper*

*Please note the polarity is in reverse, make sure to invert the + and - leads when connecting to the power source.
Hi there. I was recently introduced to Mojo 1 recently and i'm loving it. I plan to get one myself. Would you mind guiding me to which thread that i can look into how to mod the mojo into an always plugged in setup? Thank you

Jan 8, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #42,701 of 42,765
Hi there. I was recently introduced to Mojo 1 recently and i'm loving it. I plan to get one myself. Would you mind guiding me to which thread that i can look into how to mod the mojo into an always plugged in setup? Thank you
I'm not aware of a specific thread outlining the process, i just opened mine, disconnected and removed the battery, then connected an external 7.5vdc power supply where the battery was connected using the cable i referenced. Here's a shot of the circuit board showing the location of the battery connection on the upper left side.
PM me if you need additional details.

Attachments

• 1642169223321.jpeg
    1642169223321.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #42,702 of 42,765
Hi everybody, I own a mojo 2, use android smartphone and am Amazon music unlimited subscriber.

I am evaluating a poly purchase but have some doubts on the functioning of this device.

In particular:
1) is it possible to stream amazon music to poly while on the move and still use the internet on my smartphone?
2) if 1) is possible, does poly receive the maximum resolution available on amazon music?

Thanks to whom may give advice.

Jan 8, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #42,703 of 42,765
New Mojo owner here. I'd been looking to put together a low budget system while I'm on the road since my main system is in a storage unit at the moment. After doing a ton of research on DACs <$200 used from SMSL, Topping, Schiit, Cambridge Audio and a few other vendors I ended up coming back to Chord. I rarely listen on headphones and am mostly a 2-ch listener so the Mojo will be in a far-field setup. I'd previously using been using NAD M51 and RME ADI-2 FS DACs and have to say the Mojo sounds fantastic for $200 used. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to regular speakers yet, and have only had the chance to listen to it using lowly Sony MH1C IEM's at this point.

The most important thing I was looking for a in a DAC was musicality and the ability to listen for long periods without fatigue. The Mojo definitely fits the bill. It's more detailed than the M51, but does not come across as stridently bright at all. I'm pretty certain the low end Topping and SMSL DACs would sound cold, sterile and lifeless compared to the Mojo which is why I avoided them.

For $200 for a used Mojo compared to $800 for a used RME ADI-2 FS, the Mojo is a phenomenal value.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #42,704 of 42,765
New Mojo owner here. I'd been looking to put together a low budget system while I'm on the road since my main system is in a storage unit at the moment. After doing a ton of research on DACs <$200 used from SMSL, Topping, Schiit, Cambridge Audio and a few other vendors I ended up coming back to Chord. I rarely listen on headphones and am mostly a 2-ch listener so the Mojo will be in a far-field setup. I'd previously using been using NAD M51 and RME ADI-2 FS DACs and have to say the Mojo sounds fantastic for $200 used. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to regular speakers yet, and have only had the chance to listen to it using lowly Sony MH1C IEM's at this point.

The most important thing I was looking for a in a DAC was musicality and the ability to listen for long periods without fatigue. The Mojo definitely fits the bill. It's more detailed than the M51, but does not come across as stridently bright at all. I'm pretty certain the low end Topping and SMSL DACs would sound cold, sterile and lifeless compared to the Mojo which is why I avoided them.

For $200 for a used Mojo compared to $800 for a used RME ADI-2 FS, the Mojo is a phenomenal value.
If you plan to use a far-field setup, bear in mind that the Mojo has less than 1W of power output.
That's fine for headphones, but I don't think I ever tried direct driving speakers with my Mojo.
I can drive near-field speakers fine with the Hugo 2, so you would stand a chance with the Mojo, if the speakers are reasonably efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back