Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #42,736 of 42,765
i have a question regarding the usb connection between the dac and the pc.
does it work if you use a data only cable, no 5v connection on the cable that`s connecting the dac to the pc?
Short answer is No.
longer answer:
to begin with no such cable exists commercially. So you have to make or modify one.
Secondly, if you could get your hands on one, then it wouldn't work!
you see, the +5V tells the DAC to switch to USB input. without it, you get no sound out.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #42,738 of 42,765
Short answer is No.
longer answer:
to begin with no such cable exists commercially. So you have to make or modify one.
Secondly, if you could get your hands on one, then it wouldn't work!
you see, the +5V tells the DAC to switch to USB input. without it, you get no sound out.

from what i know, some dac`s require 5v to make the usb handshake and some do not, so you can just run with just a data cable.
Uptone USPCB allows you to disable the 5v vbus if your dac does not need it.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #42,740 of 42,765
from what i know, some dac`s require 5v to make the usb handshake and some do not, so you can just run with just a data cable.
Uptone USPCB allows you to disable the 5v vbus if your dac does not need it.
Were we talking about some DAC?
My answer was for Mojo.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #42,743 of 42,765
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #42,744 of 42,765
I got a 2nd mojo today and somehow the charging light is purple/ blueish and definitely not white when charging, it also has hissing noise when being charged. Is this considered normal? 4 hours mark of charging already and the light is still on

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #42,745 of 42,765
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #42,747 of 42,765
I got a 2nd mojo today and somehow the charging light is purple/ blueish and definitely not white when charging, it also has hissing noise when being charged. Is this considered normal? 4 hours mark of charging already and the light is still on

Purple is the normal charging colour, pretty sure that is throughout the whole charge period, haven’t looked in a while.

The Mojo is 2015 technology so it does charge pretty slowly. Plug it in overnight and forget it.

If the battery doesn’t last well you can get replacement batteries and they appear very easy to install. I have one on hand but have not had the need to use it yet.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #42,748 of 42,765
Bro, i was listening to my Mojo with my laptop yesterday, the Mojo suddenly make a really loud pink noise session. Like, if my laptop doesn't make any sound, it stays quiet. But if it makes any sound, even if i scroll the window volume to 1, it's still loud af. Has this happen to anybody?

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #42,749 of 42,765
Bro, i was listening to my Mojo with my laptop yesterday, the Mojo suddenly make a really loud pink noise session. Like, if my laptop doesn't make any sound, it stays quiet. But if it makes any sound, even if i scroll the window volume to 1, it's still loud af. Has this happen to anybody?
I’ve had that happen when using Mojo with upsampling in Audirvana. It plays alright for a while and then suddenly jumps into pink noise, and needs to be switched off in order to get it back to normal. It seems Mojo really doesn’t like upsampling.

Is there any chance your computer was sending out upsampled audio data?

Feb 10, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #42,750 of 42,765
I’ve had that happen when using Mojo with upsampling in Audirvana. It plays alright for a while and then suddenly jumps into pink noise, and needs to be switched off in order to get it back to normal. It seems Mojo really doesn’t like upsampling.

Is there any chance your computer was sending out upsampled audio data?
Yeah that sounds exactly like my symptoms. I'd need to turn the Mojo off and on again. Upsampled data, i dont know. But i was using youtube on Chrome at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back