Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 19, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #33,826 of 42,765
is it possible to reduce the line level to 2v which most amps are designed for?

would 3v out be too much for the oppo pm1 headphone? thanks mk.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #33,827 of 42,765
I have an extension cable permanently plugged into mojo and plug in and unplug headphones from that with no wear to the Mojo port. The other port is permanently plugged into a power amplifier. I just unplug the headphone when using the power amplifier and turn the power amplifier off when using headphones. Works great.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #33,828 of 42,765
is it possible to reduce the line level to 2v which most amps are designed for?

would 3v out be too much for the oppo pm1 headphone? thanks mk.

Click down 4 times from 3Vrms to get 1.9Vrms. There will be no loss of sound quality. BE CAUTIOUS as this volume setting will now be remembered when you power cycle the Mojo.

Yes, 3Vrms would destroy your hearing with the PM-1.

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #33,829 of 42,765
could i safely leave the oppo's plugged in at 1.9v?

also when headphone listening can i leave line out cable plugged in with the amp off?

i'm double checking if i can have the line out/headphone cables permanently left in mojo as has already been confirmed.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #33,831 of 42,765

I wouldn't, but that's me. I don't think it will wreck the headphone, but I just wouldn't. As suggested earlier I would recommend getting an extender and plug the headphones in and out of that if you are worried about wearing out the Mojo socket.

also when headphone listening can i leave line out cable plugged in with the amp off?

I don't see why not.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #33,832 of 42,765
thanks maybe a nice tube amp for beyers come xmas. pm1 top class with mojo.

listening to goat hill junket anthony wilson

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #33,833 of 42,765

i'm double checking if i can have the line out/headphone cables permanently left in mojo as has already been confirmed.

Leave amp plugged in, even when not turned on.

Always unplug the headphones when not in use. It is a good habit that will prevent problems/damage.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #33,834 of 42,765
thanks maybe a nice tube amp for beyers come xmas. pm1 top class with mojo.

listening to goat hill junket anthony wilson

I think that you would be much better off flogging your Beyer DT880 (600ohm) and just enjoy your new PM1. Why not give them plenty of burn-in time as it does no harm and many people believe it improves the SQ. You don't have to spend all your cash, why not keep some of it! :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #33,835 of 42,765
the beyers are staggering in terms of their performance//price and at 295gr unbelievably comfortable. i like having something to look forward to and working towards. i analysed my current set up imac-optical-mojo-pm1 running roon and can't think of any way to improve on it. i don't really need mobile audio as i listen at home. can anyone think of anything else. i thought about ha1 for pm1 but as its discontinued well...i've been down the h2 route with no luck and not going back....poly is really a mobile thing??? just bought oppo's and they are great no pressing need for another totl can.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #33,836 of 42,765
Not even sure where to ask this!!

Does anyone know of a DAP that:
  • Can connect to an external hard drive via USB OTG (iBasso, Cayin)
  • Has 2 dedicated microSD card slots (Fiio)
  • Has a dedicated digital coax out that supports both D2P and DoP (Fiio, Cayin)
  • Can read a USB OTG drive and outputting to digital coax at once (iBasso)
  • Costs $0.50
Okay, that last bullet point might not be feasible.

Currently, I'm using an iBasso DX90 with a hard drive and a Schiit stack as my main rig. My Bimby doesn't read DSD so the iBasso's D2P is just fine. However, if I want to use my Mojo instead of my Bimby, the iBasso can't feed it real DSD.

My Fiio X5ii is a pretty good portable mate to the Mojo as a portable setup, so I can feed it real DSD when on the road. But, it can't read off of a USB hard drive. Sure, I have 400GB of space, but you'd be surprised how quickly they fill up with 24 bit+DSD files.

If I can get a player that does all of the above, I don't need to have two players, and I can get the most out of both of my DACs.

Thoughts?

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #33,837 of 42,765
I don't believe such an amazing player exists at the moment.

My Fiio X5ii is a pretty good portable mate to the Mojo as a portable setup, so I can feed it real DSD when on the road. But, it can't read off of a USB hard drive. Sure, I have 400GB of space, but you'd be surprised how quickly they fill up with 24 bit+DSD files.

I noticed that too, my solution for on the road, is CD quality FLAC, perfect storage/audio quality trade-off for current micro SD storage capacities.

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #33,838 of 42,765
You can only feef dsd64 through coax, is that right? The option of plugging the Hdd is nice since an external drive is a lot cheaper than SD cards. With the hiby link on the Cayin N3 it would be a killer rig for the office. Just wished it was one centimeter shorter... On my wishlist I would also like To have no more than the same footprint as the Mojo.

What HDD are you looking at? Battery powered any good?

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #33,839 of 42,765
the beyers are staggering in terms of their performance//price and at 295gr unbelievably comfortable. i like having something to look forward to and working towards. i analysed my current set up imac-optical-mojo-pm1 running roon and can't think of any way to improve on it. i don't really need mobile audio as i listen at home. can anyone think of anything else. i thought about ha1 for pm1 but as its discontinued well...i've been down the h2 route with no luck and not going back....poly is really a mobile thing??? just bought oppo's and they are great no pressing need for another totl can.

The poly seems like it can be the swiss army knife to the Mojo. Receiving data wirelessly thru Poly MAY be better than toslink from your MacBook. We do't know yet of course, but we will soon. If its better than or as good as a microRendu, then the mobile is a freebie add on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back