Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 2, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #32,476 of 42,765
My S7 Edge was stolen....I'm looking at an S8 plus now. Does anyone know of a usb-c to micro-usb cable I can use to connect Mojo to the S8(and it'll work like an OTG cable)?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #32,477 of 42,765
Please fix..!
Head-fi Mojo FAQ (started by 'Currawong')
https://www.head-fi.org/a/chord-mojo-faq
404 Not Found

Thanks - this has happened because of the changeover to a different forum platform, a couple of weeks ago, which broke so many links and so much functionality that it has had many longtime members pulling their hair out or wringing their hands in despair (or both), with some even deserting the site and their membership, in disgust.

As a simple fix, I just tried to delete the links you mentioned, from post #2 /#3, and this miserable forum software, not content with wrecking those posts, won't even let me do something as simple as edit the content.

"The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it"

I refuse to delete thousands of words of content that took 2 years to compile.

So, my hands are tied. I can only apologise to Mojo owners whose ready-reference has been substantially ruined, but there is very little I can do about this sorry state of affairs.

Thankyou for taking the time to report it, though.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #32,478 of 42,765
My S7 Edge was stolen....I'm looking at an S8 plus now. Does anyone know of a usb-c to micro-usb cable I can use to connect Mojo to the S8(and it'll work like an OTG cable)?

Looking for one as well, but as a holdover the micro to c adapter (the cheaper 3.99 one) from monoprice works in otg on my old micro to micro cable (Moon Silver Dragon) to use with Mojo.
Tested some generic adapters I got from Amazon and the Samsung one and they did not work in otg on the S8+Mojo.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #32,479 of 42,765

You have to use an adapter. I have yet to find a combination OTG/b-to-c all in one cable.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #32,481 of 42,765

How about this one, It should work OK, I have two different cables I use between my M1 and Mojo, admitidly not this one, but both work OK, I don't think the cable has to be anything special.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...6238&sr=8-14&keywords=usb+c+to+micro+usb&th=1

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #32,483 of 42,765
could mojo and mac users let me know when using usb does audio midi set up show clock source default or clock source mojo? im not worried about the mojo "clock" acting as master over the computer clock as with usb i know the mojo fpga automatically controls timing. what is worrying me is how the mac displays the device who's clock is master. i hope that makes sense. in all my enquiries it seems sometimes clock source default is shown and people are happy or in this case clock source mojo or the name of the dac is shown. i want to know which is correct. some say clock source default refers to the mac clock and some say default refers to the dac clock. for me this seems like a potentially huge thing to overlook as it is important the mac displays the mojo dac clock is being used. can anyone clarify this that would be great? thanks mk (just to reiterate it is the indifference by users as to whether clock source default or clock source mojo is displayed in audio midi set up which puzzles me) on the mojo solutions thread it was made clear to me that mojo should read as the clock source however when contacting a pc audio expert in the UK he was sure that clock source default referred to the connected dac only adding to my confusion.

I simply run the stream from my computer into a USB decoder that re clocks it and converts it to SPDIF and have no worries and better sound.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #32,484 of 42,765
The cables y'all are linking to aren't OTG, meaning they won't work. That's the issue. For it to work with Android, it has to be an OTG adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back