Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #24,211 of 42,765
Oct 16, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #24,212 of 42,765
Yes sir. So, not sure about that theory then. Maybe you can take some close ups and send it to chord? Sorry, out or suggestions for you. Mine are scratched as well but I never thought it was bad.

I don't think it warrants being brought up to Chord. It doesn't impact performance. It's really just one scratch in particular that bothers me, the scratch is almost completely clear so the light coming from it is noticably brighter. I usually just roll the ball to hide it. I'm sure at some point though I'll take apart the device and try to fix it with very fine grit sandpaper or something. I'll end up messing it up and have to pay Chord for replacement balls. I'm really not worried about it though.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #24,214 of 42,765
Startech are cheap and work fine , that's what I'm using at the moment - although I'd be happy to trial any other more expensive cables to see if there was a remarkable difference between the 2

There most certainly won't be any audible difference.

I pay a little extra for cables and adapters that are more durable and that I know are built properly with attention to detail... In a lab setting under extreme conditions, it might make a measurable difference in BER for example, or RFI/EMI shielding/isolation, but only measurable.

Actually I replaced my USB cable with the much more flexible Anker Powerline+ cable. Mass produced in a country not known for quality control, but still has some good shielding and isolation features and very easy to route and work with. Has been serving me fine for a while.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #24,217 of 42,765
You guys better stop scratching those balls :)

On a more serious note, I think USB cables don't matter much in the 10cm range as long as they're not faulty. Picking up wi-fi interference from my DP-X1 with any cable, even when using the ferrite bead. No big deal for me as I use the stack in offline mode, including Tidal. Hit that stand-alone button on the DAP and you get pitch black background!

Best thing about the Mojo extension, along with making it more "stackable", is the fact that is protecting the USB ports. No risk of damaging Mojo's USB ports when the unit is in a pocket somewhere and no plugging-unplugging to charge or stack. Brilliant!

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #24,219 of 42,765
  You guys better stop scratching those balls :)

On a more serious note, I think USB cables don't matter much in the 10cm range as long as they're not faulty. Picking up wi-fi interference from my DP-X1 with any cable, even when using the ferrite bead. No big deal for me as I use the stack in offline mode, including Tidal. Hit that stand-alone button on the DAP and you get pitch black background!

Best thing about the Mojo extension, along with making it more "stackable", is the fact that is protecting the USB ports. No risk of damaging Mojo's USB ports when the unit is in a pocket somewhere and no plugging-unplugging to charge or stack. Brilliant!

USB cable does matter.
Just take any OTG cable, pure silver and do a AB testing with your stock cables.. and you will get your answer..
I have tested so many cables with my Mojo, a long back.!!

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #24,221 of 42,765
USB cable does matter.
Just take any OTG cable, pure silver and do a AB testing with your stock cables.. and you will get your answer..
I have tested so many cables with my Mojo, a long back.!!

What sort of differences do you perceive?

My favorite answer is "warmer"... As if switching from copper to silver somehow performs an FFT, increases some frequency bins, then performs an IFFT... All instantaneously and without actually buffering enough samples to do it, with no processing or active components and zero power.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #24,222 of 42,765

My favorite answer is "warmer"... As if switching from copper to silver somehow performs an FFT, increases some frequency bins, then performs an IFFT... All instantaneously and without actually buffering enough samples to do it, with no processing or active components and zero power.
Sound stage, increase bass, increase top end.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #24,224 of 42,765

Sound stage, increase bass, increase top end.

I was about to say this, I can easily feel the difference in Bass and Soundstage !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back