Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #24,241 of 42,788
I just ordered a 10 cm silver USB cable for $40, not because it was marketed as being made of silver, but rather for the increased durability you usually get for the premium price (you can abuse it as much as you want without worrying) :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #24,242 of 42,788

I said better sound, not different... All sounds in this world in between 20 Hz to 20 Khz which we can observe in best case....
Let's put a full stop on this argument. If possible, just one day test a Silver Otg cable with Mojo...maybe u will get your answer easily...

If something is better than something else, it is by definition different.

I despise the statement "you have to try it to understand it". We're all intelligent people here, we are more than capable of drawing a valid conclusion from understanding the engineering behind something. There is no sound argument supporting the idea that a silver USB cable changes the frequency response, while there is a substantial argument against it. Using your ears alone is too flawed of a methodology to make any type of valid conclusion about it.

No issue :)
I have ordered one Pure copper OTG cable micro to micro, i will check how does it sound different from Silver one.

But do try someday a silver OTG cable with your Mojo :D

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #24,244 of 42,788

No issue
smily_headphones1.gif

I have ordered one Pure copper OTG cable micro to micro, i will check how does it sound different from Silver one.

But do try someday a silver OTG cable with your Mojo
biggrin.gif

I look forward to the measurements.

There will be no measurements. It will be my observations with help of my beloved Ears and biased Mind :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #24,245 of 42,788
There will be no measurements. It will be my observations with help of my beloved Ears and biased Mind :)

This is not a valid way to draw a conclusion. For each person you can find that can hear a change, I could find that can't. It doesn't make either conclusion right or wrong.

But if we understand how frequency response can change, we can recognize that USB conductor material is not capable of affecting this change, and verify it with measurements. It is the only valid way to determine the facts.

Anything else is pure speculation, with no factual support. It is misleading to people who come here for advice. And to use such unfounded methods to advise individuals to spend sometimes exorbitant amounts of money for cabling is nothing less than wanton recklessness.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #24,246 of 42,788

There will be no measurements. It will be my observations with help of my beloved Ears and biased Mind
smily_headphones1.gif

This is not a valid way to draw a conclusion. For each person you can find that can hear a change, I could find that can't. It doesn't make either conclusion right or wrong.

But if we understand how frequency response can change, we can recognize that USB conductor material is not capable of affecting this change, and verify it with measurements. It is the only valid way to determine the facts.

Anything else is pure speculation, with no factual support. It is misleading to people who come here for advice. And to use such unfounded methods to advise individuals to spend sometimes exorbitant amounts of money for cabling is nothing less than wanton recklessness.

I totally agree with you.
That's why we always use the term "IMHO - In my honest Opinion". So this is my opinion about USB OTG cables.
You agree/ disagree. People here can give their observations with full freedom.
Everyone has different taste. But we shouldn't take away the freedom of speech :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #24,248 of 42,788
Mojo is gaining international fame too, now in the form a Finnish hifi review giving it 5 stars and a badge of "Freaking Awesome!" I have to say I agree.

http://audiovideo.fi/testi/chord-mojo-da-muunnin-kuulokevahvistin-testissa

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #24,249 of 42,788
So that's why they look scratched. I think a finer grit and more consistent finish would help them look more presentable. Mine are very uneven looking.

Grumpy, maybe it is time to get them checked. 
blink.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #24,250 of 42,788

Grumpy, maybe it is time to get them checked. 
blink.gif

Come on! 
biggrin.gif

Is it just me, or it feels like Chord intended for the balls to develop traces and to look roughened up? As a cosmetic feature, it's interestng, but to avoid this, they could had made them out of rubber or have them clear and made of rubber. 

The design didn't bother me at all when holding mojo in hand, and the showroom demo unit was used, so it did develop some traces. It gave Mojo a feeling of uniqueness. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #24,251 of 42,788
  Mojo is gaining international fame too, now in the form a Finnish hifi review giving it 5 stars and a badge of "Freaking Awesome!" I have to say I agree.

http://audiovideo.fi/testi/chord-mojo-da-muunnin-kuulokevahvistin-testissa

Same here. Torilla tavataan :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #24,252 of 42,788

Come on! 
biggrin.gif

Is that what she said George? 
blink.gif

But seriously, today I will be visiting a nurse at a local hospital to have stitches removed on my face because of a skin biopsy due to sun damage and not using sun creams enough.

Bob Marley died due to a skin cancer that started under his big toe nail. Of course not all cancers are the nasty type especially when caught early

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #24,253 of 42,788
Mind sharing the pictures with us about the gouge found around the colour balls ?

Sure. I've had this for four days now. I had it in a felt pocket with a usb cable otherwise it hasn't rubbed up against anything potentially hard. Those marks are not possible from a USB cable, and if it had been that you would see the bare metal not the coating you see over those marks.

Thank you for pointing this out please return it to your distributor for replacement it has obviously passed through our subcontractors quality control in error as the unit has machining faults

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #24,255 of 42,788
  I want Mojo's amplifier in a separate box. Don't care about the DA cause I already have decent DA. Just impossible to find a small, portable amplifier? (I don't like Fiio products this time)

Isn't Mojo's amp just a variable line out, and not a traditional amp per se?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back