Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #24,256 of 42,788
I want Mojo's amplifier in a separate box. Don't care about the DA cause I already have decent DA. Just impossible to find a small, portable amplifier? (I don't like Fiio products this time)

Won't happen because it doesn't have one. You're hearing the line-out stage directly from the DAC. The Mojo isn't like other conventional implementations.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #24,257 of 42,788
  I want Mojo's amplifier in a separate box. Don't care about the DA cause I already have decent DA. Just impossible to find a small, portable amplifier? (I don't like Fiio products this time)

May i know which decent DA you own ?

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #24,258 of 42,788
Hello
Any one to know about sound quality between mojo and lotoo paw gold,I just want a sound quality check.Thanks

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #24,259 of 42,788
Might this just be a side effect of increased volume? When I switched to the silver-plated OTG cable in the AQ DragonTail from a generic copper OTG cable, I noticed I was able to turn the volume setting down a couple steps to achieve roughly the same listening volume.

I don't think people understand the difference hardware materials make in sound. Silver vs. copper.

You have HD800 with stainless steel drivers that help alot to be clear, open the soundstage, make it detailed, but also pierce the ears at the same time in certain frequency range.

Every piece of hardware that is used from source all the way to your ears will change and shape of the sound when it gets to your ears. I don't think there may be THAT much difference in sound copper vs copper unless going from se to balanced per say (although there is difference here as well in my experience), but going from copper to silver surely does change the sound.

In speakers, you have people upgrading speakers capacitors and speaker wiring to silver, foil, copper, gold litz, oil etc.

You also have people changing materials in rooms like getting plants to dampen sound, carpets on floor, books etc. All these are hardware materials that change the sound. But these or Indirect materials that change the sound, why do people think direct connection materials like silver material cables won't change the sound.

In my experiencee, cables, wiring materials all change sound. Or, why else would i spend hundreds on cables. I don't think anyone likes throwing money away. IMO.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #24,261 of 42,788
Can anyone confirm definitively whether the tiny official Apple Micro USB to Lightning adapter MD820ZM/A (not the CCK) works with the Mojo?
http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter

It looks like it should. Apple state that it can be used "to sync and charge your device" so I assume that it has the MFI chip.
I cannot find any confirmation whether it works with the Mojo after searching and would love to hear from anyone who has tried this first hand.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #24,265 of 42,788
So it has a digital volume control too. My built-in dac has a similar implementation.

Yes, it's digitally controlled volume. What current DAC are you using?

You should check out the third post of this thread and read the informative posts by Rob Watts section. The Mojo, and other Chord DACs, are very different from others.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #24,266 of 42,788
If something is better than something else, it is by definition different.

I despise the statement "you have to try it to understand it". We're all intelligent people here, we are more than capable of drawing a valid conclusion from understanding the engineering behind something. There is no sound argument supporting the idea that a silver USB cable changes the frequency response, while there is a substantial argument against it. Using your ears alone is too flawed of a methodology to make any type of valid conclusion about it.

True

DON'T BELIEVE YOUR EARS

If something measures right the problem is with the listener. They should persevere with something that hate until it does sound right. No audio equipment should ever be listened to for more than 3 seconds before purchasing. Buying decisions should always be based purely on graphs and data.

These are the golden rules to audiophilia and musical bliss:wink:

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #24,267 of 42,788
True

DON'T BELIEVE YOUR EARS

If something measures right the problem is with the listener. They should persevere with something that hate until it does sound right. No audio equipment should ever be listened to for more than 3 seconds before purchasing. Buying decisions should always be based purely on graphs and data.

Interestingly enough, the purchase of my Mojo was based solely on graphs and data xD

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #24,268 of 42,788
True

DON'T BELIEVE YOUR EARS

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #24,269 of 42,788
Interestingly enough, the purchase of my Mojo was based solely on graphs and data xD

I bet the fact that you also like the way it sounds, whilst not as important, is still a bonus though :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back