Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 29, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #12,197 of 42,773
biggrin.gif
It wasn't a question, more a prediction
wink.gif

I'm a dumbass.  Now I get it.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #12,201 of 42,773
  Hi, I've just bought a Mojo which I'm running with an iPhone 6S and the ONKYO HF Player. I've gone the AK100, AK100II, AK120II, ZX1, ZX2 route, and this sounds, to my ears at least, far superior to all of them

Is there any particular advantage to turn up-sampling ON or OFF in HF Player? For example would up-sampling reduce the Moho battery life? In general what advantages would up-sampling from, say 44.1 kHz, have?

Thanks for any advice

Rob Watts , the designer of Chord Dacs like the Mojo recommends turning OFF the upsampling in the input to the Mojo. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #12,202 of 42,773
Is there any recommended toslink to 3.5 mm spdif cable? Since i have a 3.5 spdif port on my laptop, better make use of it :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #12,203 of 42,773

I'm not looking to charge the device, merely have it powered on, but I am sensing that it is either gonna need to be charging or not charging, no in between.

I'm looking to only use one USB cable for that.  (I have limited USB slots and I already have a USB hub for expansion and only have one remaining USB port left).

SO, I think what I'll need to do is run an optical cable to my mobo into the Mojo (heh) to meet my target of only using one USB cable.

Again, I don't think this is entirely too clear from the third post (which I did read!) but I think it'd make a great addition to the FAQ!

Something like this would work, but optical may well be a better route.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #12,204 of 42,773
I have been using my Mojo as a desktop DAC since I got it until I recently strapped it to my DAP. It was then I noticed it emitted a horrible squealing noise when I turn it on. When I say squealing noise, its the kind where you can hear it if you put the unit to your ear. Like a discharging noise from the batteries.

I dont think that's normal.. is it?

I tried plugging it to Optical & Coaxial input put all of them has the noise. Only when I plug into my PC via USB will it go quiet.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #12,205 of 42,773
  I have been using my Mojo as a desktop DAC since I got it until I recently strapped it to my DAP. It was then I noticed it emitted a horrible squealing noise when I turn it on. When I say squealing noise, its the kind where you can hear it if you put the unit to your ear. Like a discharging noise from the batteries.

I tried plugging it to Optical & Coaxial input put all of them has the noise. Only when I plug into my PC via USB will it go quiet.

Noticed the same squealing noise (quite loud) few times already. Not sure what was the reason. Can't repeat the process to hear that sound again.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #12,207 of 42,773
  An overwhelmingly amount of people are using this for their phones, but seeing as this one can take on the desktop DAC market, I wonder why I haven't seen nearly as much PC users in thread.  

That being said, if we simply want to use this as USB DAC/amp for PC, can we get by with using just one cable and sort of have it in a permanent charging state?  Of course, occasionally draining the battery because keeping it at full charge is bad for the battery.  I am confused by the two USB ports to be honest, but I'm probably overthinking it!  The only "portability" I'm concerned about is putting it in my pocket and taking it to work to also plug into a work PC, lol.  Again, I know it's marketed as a portable amp to be used with phones/DAPs but I'm just surprised at how very little PC users there are.  Makes me wonder if I'm making the wrong choice considering this for PC setup and if I should go for the ifi iDSD instead, lol.

On the contrary. I use Mojo in both your scenarios. Many times during the week the Mojo will be hooked up to my PC.
Particularly last week, plenty of Champions League, Premier League Football on a hi-def stream.
Football sounds amazing via the Mojo!
Tomorrow I'll be at an exhibition and will have a rolling video presentation hooked up to some loudspeakers. I'll be driving the audio through the Mojo for maximum quality (sad, I know)

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #12,208 of 42,773

I think there could be something weird lurking in some of these Mojo's
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #12,209 of 42,773
  I think there could be something weird lurking in some of these Mojo's
blink.gif

It could be over heating (at least that's what I think) I recently went on and put my mojo on an 8 hour marathon playing and simultaneously charging it and it sort of emitted a sizzling noise. My theory is that the glue inside holding the components together is boiling or something but I could be entirely wrong but that's the most plausible cause I've concluded. Try running it in an air conditioned room (I'm in Singapore so the weather is made for frying eggs) But if you're in a country where you piss icicles then you can kindly disregard this

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #12,210 of 42,773

It could be over heating (at least that's what I think) I recently went on and put my mojo on an 8 hour marathon playing and simultaneously charging it and it sort of emitted a sizzling noise. My theory is that the glue inside holding the components together is boiling or something but I could be entirely wrong but that's the most plausible cause I've concluded. Try running it in an air conditioned room (I'm in Singapore so the weather is made for frying eggs) But if you're in a country where you piss icicles then you can kindly disregard this

I am in agreement with you Sir, weird things also happened to mine in the early days with heat issues and not charging properly, etc.

Mine will be back to meet its maker tomorrow but overall it is a decent product but maybe does not live up to all the hype for some people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back