Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 1, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #12,211 of 42,788

It could be over heating (at least that's what I think) I recently went on and put my mojo on an 8 hour marathon playing and simultaneously charging it and it sort of emitted a sizzling noise. My theory is that the glue inside holding the components together is boiling or something but I could be entirely wrong but that's the most plausible cause I've concluded. Try running it in an air conditioned room (I'm in Singapore so the weather is made for frying eggs) But if you're in a country where you piss icicles then you can kindly disregard this

A couple of times when I used Mojo playing and simultaneously charging from low battery, I overheated the device and the security circuit had shut the device off. (I don't have this problem anymore  since I keep Mojo nonstop plugged in. [And this can happen only if you play and charge from low battery.])
I never heard any sizzling noise from Mojo. And it did get hot often for prolonged listening times. (It does have a hot electric smell though, if you smell its holes closely, but nothing abnormal. I kinda like that light smell. But no noise at all.) :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #12,212 of 42,788

yes i am figuring this out alone because i got no answer, 
and I got "frustrated" because i only had 7 days to send it back to the seller, so i was in a hurry.

if you ask me, i think the massive pops/cracklings issue is definately of the phone.

considering the minor issues i found out with other phones, i can state, from my point of view, a poor-engineered product for what concerns an android support, and that's all.
from everything else it's awesome, espcially sound, as i already stated.

it's ok that android usb audio compatibility is not full fledged, but it's here that you understand the value of a product that claims android compatibility.
this is just a DAC that hopes for compatibility.

it's hard to make something "crossplatform", but for sure it's more difficult to program a DAC from scratch like chord did

Just my 2 pennies worth

When it comes to Android and support, Good luck

Google provided an OS which through the AOSP is available to anyone and open to modification and customisation.
As a result it is hard to find any 2 devices from different manufacturers that will work in the same way
Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Huawei, Joe Blogs, ANOther Phone manufacturer etc. can choose how they implement the USB audio out along with other aspects of their phones

If they follow the guidelines set by Android usually very few problems arise that cannot be solved by app developers hence most developers will use the Nexus devices initially.
Neither the dev or Chord can be held responsible for issues if the phone manufacturer chooses not to follow the guidlines.

But I do hope your issues are resolved soon. If using UAPP the developer is great at offering support
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #12,213 of 42,788
Is there any recommended toslink to 3.5 mm spdif cable? Since i have a 3.5 spdif port on my laptop, better make use of it
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=1556

Even works fine with 24/192.

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #12,214 of 42,788
Using Mojo as a DAC for line-level output - there should be no problems feeding into two external amplifiers, correct?
After the last show, I was trying to think how to make my station really tiny. This would do it!

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #12,215 of 42,788
That should work
L3000.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #12,216 of 42,788
  Using Mojo as a DAC for line-level output - there should be no problems feeding into two external amplifiers, correct?
After the last show, I was trying to think how to make my station really tiny. This would do it!

That is my plan also.. to feed my speaker amp and the bottlehead crack. You want to replace the Gugnir&Yggdrasil from your signature with the Mojo? 

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #12,217 of 42,788
I posted a DIY thread which shows how to make a direct connection cable for DACs to iPhone. Here's a picture of a Mojo working with one of the cables I made.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #12,218 of 42,788
Mar 1, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #12,219 of 42,788
  Hi, I've just bought a Mojo which I'm running with an iPhone 6S and the ONKYO HF Player. I've gone the AK100, AK100II, AK120II, ZX1, ZX2 route, and this sounds, to my ears at least, far superior to all of them

Hi, has anyone tried to compare it with ak120ii. I am dying to know.

Someone answered your question already. See the post I quoted above. Maybe you should PM them to ask them for more info or maybe they'll post again here to expand on their impressions. You can always search a thread (in the regular PC version of the site, there is a link at the top of the page of every thread).

so mojo is better than schiit bifrost and gungnir . what about yggy ? has anybody tried feeding a headphone amp by mojo and yggy ? I believe mojo should beat yggy at 1/6th price .

If I leave my Yggy switched on, it easily beats the Mojo and Hugo significantly -- that is, with good recordings the difference in detail retrieval is very audible.  If I add a good transport, another level of resolution is added again, but we're getting up to 5x the price of the Mojo.

Also, I can't put an Yggy in my pocket and I can enjoy the Mojo anywhere. 

Something like this maybe? 
smile.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #12,220 of 42,788
Hi, I've checked in FAQ with no joy, and I can't acess the  links on the first page as they just take me back to the  top of the first page so ...

What is the life expectancy of the battery?

How is the battery replaced, exactly please and, by whom?

Where will we get these replacements?

How much will it cost?

I hope it wont be as difficult as getting answers from Fiio, to these questions

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #12,221 of 42,788
  Hi, I've checked in FAQ with no joy, and I can't acess the  links on the first page as they just take me back to the  top of the first page so ...

How much will it cost?

Life expectancy is approximated to 10 years.

It is easily replaceable (plug and play, someone has voided his warranty to open up the Mojo to show the internals) but should be sent back to the dealer or Chord to ensure that it's done properly.

Most definitely from Chord themselves since it's a specially design battery for the purposes of the Mojo.

No cost value as yet because:
1) the product is fairly new
2) any issues with product thus far, whether charging or battery or loose connector or stiff balls have been either swiftly repaired or replaced by the dealer with minimal questions asked

Cheers.

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #12,222 of 42,788

How much will it cost?

Battery life : at least 9.5-10 hours (YMMV) per full charge
Battery life expectancy: projected to last up to 10 years but actual performance may vary
Battery will be replaced by no other than Chord, just send it to the retailer where you bought your Mojo and they will be the one to facilitate the shipping and warranty claim
If **** happens and you busted your Mojo's battery by heaven knows how, only Chord (or an accredited service center) can probably provide you a price quotation after they received and checked the unit(you never know if the damage is isolated with the battery only)

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #12,223 of 42,788

Someone answered your question already. See the post I quoted above. Maybe you should PM them to ask them for more info or maybe they'll post again here to expand on their impressions. You can always search a thread (in the regular PC version of the site, there is a link at the top of the page of every thread).

If I leave my Yggy switched on, it easily beats the Mojo and Hugo significantly -- that is, with good recordings the difference in detail retrieval is very audible.  If I add a good transport, another level of resolution is added again, but we're getting up to 5x the price of the Mojo.

Also, I can't put an Yggy in my pocket and I can enjoy the Mojo anywhere. 

Something like this maybe? 
smile.gif

Can I ask what is the cable from the mojo to the Vali, its micro to ???, also can the Vali power the HD800S?, as I am looking for an affordable amp for my 800S. Thanks.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #12,224 of 42,788

Can I ask what is the cable from the mojo to the Vali, its micro to ???, also can the Vali power the HD800S?, as I am looking for an affordable amp for my 800S. Thanks.

You can't see the cable from the Mojo to the Vali 2 -- it is just a 3.5mm to RCA cable. The green cable is an ALO USB cable going to a computer. When I was using that rig, I still had an AK100 strapped to the Mojo. 

For a budget amp, the Vali 2 does very well with the HD800s so it will be fine with the S.

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #12,225 of 42,788
Life expectancy is approximated to 10 years.

It is easily replaceable (plug and play, someone has voided his warranty to open up the Mojo to show the internals) but should be sent back to the dealer or Chord to ensure that it's done properly.

Most definitely from Chord themselves since it's a specially design battery for the purposes of the Mojo.

No cost value as yet because:
1) the product is fairly new
2) any issues with product thus far, whether charging or battery or loose connector or stiff balls have been either swiftly repaired or replaced by the dealer with minimal questions asked

Cheers.

What battery is the mojo using? Since u hv seen the internals. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back