Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #12,168 of 42,788

Can I ask where have you contacted them that Chord haven't replied ?

by email, i first asked about the e18 otg cable not work, and they replyed,
then i asked about the distortion problem, no answer

If (if) the issue is related to your handset software (and it does seem as though you're getting closer and closer to drawing that conclusion), rather than to the Mojo hardware itself, then perhaps Chord simply do not have the identical set-up available to them, in order to investigate and troubleshoot it?

I'm not making excuses for Chord - I'm just offering one potential mitigating reason why they may not, yet, have replied to you about your particular issue.

Additionally, I have followed all 812 pages of this thread, since day 1, and the percentage of people experiencing anything like you've described, with Android+Mojo, is tiny. As I mentioned earlier, I've seen something similar mentioned about iPhone, but that was with iOS beta 9.3, and immediately resolved when Apple updated iOS.

It doesn't seem fair to me that Chord be blamed for not bullet-proofing Mojo against every possible incompatibility, with every possible phone+OS+player app configuration, and every version of each of those things. I mean, that's an exponentially-large number of possible scenarios.

That doesn't mean your frustration is unfounded, but please have some patience in getting this sorted, rather than being too hasty to feel that Chord have made a poorly-engineered product
beerchug.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #12,170 of 42,788
  thanks to have underlined that, i'll try to be more...polite then :p

Great :)  I was trying to be constructive and helpful but was worried I might get flamed in return lol
tongue_smile.gif

Commendably gracious reply, cheers
beerchug.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #12,171 of 42,788
Anyone compare the ak100 feeding the mojo to the zx1 feeding it, I hate the Sony connector, its too unflexible.

As you're probably aware, the biggest factor differentiating ZX1 + Mojo, vs AK100 + Mojo, would be in terms of battery life, since the ZX1 absolutely guzzles power when using the digital-out

In terms of how the AK100 performs with the Mojo, although I personally dislike iRiver as a company, I can, nonetheless, say that the AK100 is, by far, one of the most popular choices of DAP for Mojo customers, and these are very picky customers, so that should tell you something positive about the combo.

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #12,174 of 42,788

by email, i first asked about the e18 otg cable not work, and they replyed,
then i asked about the distortion problem, no answer

Hello Blasyrkh,

I do apologise for not replying to your latest email sooner than expected, unfortunately your email reached us Saturday afternoon. What you can be sure of is that we certainly have not have dropped your support question and have replied. What we do need to do is to go through a list of steps to understand what may be the root cause of the problem.

If you could reply to these then we will reach back out to you at the earliest available opportunity.

Edd.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #12,175 of 42,788

If (if) the issue is related to your handset software (and it does seem as though you're getting closer and closer to drawing that conclusion), rather than to the Mojo hardware itself, then perhaps Chord simply do not have the identical set-up available to them, in order to investigate and troubleshoot it?

I'm not making excuses for Chord - I'm just offering one potential mitigating reason why they may not, yet, have replied to you about your particular issue.

Additionally, I have followed all 812 pages of this thread, since day 1, and the percentage of people experiencing anything like you've described, with Android+Mojo, is tiny. That doesn't mean your frustration is unfounded, but please have some patience in getting this sorted, rather than being too hasty to feel that Chord have made a poorly-engineered product
beerchug.gif

yes i am figuring this out alone because i got no answer, 
and I got "frustrated" because i only had 7 days to send it back to the seller, so i was in a hurry.

if you ask me, i think the massive pops/cracklings issue is definately of the phone.

considering the minor issues i found out with other phones, i can state, from my point of view, a poor-engineered product for what concerns an android support, and that's all.
from everything else it's awesome, espcially sound, as i already stated.

it's ok that android usb audio compatibility is not full fledged, but it's here that you understand the value of a product that claims android compatibility.
this is just a DAC that hopes for compatibility.

it's hard to make something "crossplatform", but for sure it's more difficult to program a DAC from scratch like chord did

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #12,177 of 42,788
  I am working my way through 800+ pages here, so please excuse any repetitive questions. 

1.  Does Mojo come with the chords to hook up to iPhone?

No, you will would need to buy a CCK cable, or 3rd-party equivalent (as per thread title, please read the 'Connecting Mojo to i-Devices' links in Post #3)

2.  Does Mojo come with the chord to hook up to Macbook Pro?

Mojo comes with a micro-USB to USB cable in the box, so you can connect it to a mac or PC with a USB port.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #12,178 of 42,788
  I am working my way through 800+ pages here, so please excuse any repetitive questions. 

3.  Anyone have an opinion of Mojo with the T1.2? 

The reviews are not like anything I have read before and I am straining at the bit to get one.  

It comes only with a very short USB cable which you could use to connect to the MacBook but would probably be better getting a longer one, to connect the iPhone you will need a Apple CCK and then use the short USB cable with it.

Not heard the T1.2 sorry

Edit: Too slow, beaten to it by Mython

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #12,179 of 42,788

3.  Anyone have an opinion of Mojo with the T1.2? 

The reviews are not like anything I have read before and I am straining at the bit to get one.  

3. I have the t5p2, but have not heard the t1. People have told me the t5p2 and t1 have similarities. I think the t5p2 sounds very nice through the mojo. In fact, I don't think I have read anyone complain about any headphone through the mojo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back