Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #12,136 of 42,788
  Ok, i tested again a Note 3 and S6 phones....

S6 has a native support, note 3 does not. both Lollipop

problems are still there,for both phones, there's a subtle distortion, clicks and pops during playback, but even in background
with mate 7 distortion is much more hearable, so that should be a phone problem.

Anyway, mojo is definately NOT and android phone friendly DAC.
even my DAC1 of many years old can work with android, that doesn't mean it's an android dac.

just making more tests, the Fiio E18 pc mode out works with the otg adapter, but not with the included micro to micro cable.
this means 2 things:

E18 micro to micro cables are not really otg cables, or are made to work with fiio E18 phone mode only.

then, MOJO is just an USB DAC made for pc, with wanna be android compatibility mode, and that means it draws power from battery phone or it's prone to noise .
it may be prone to glitches, even very very subtle glitces, difficult to hear when on the go and without a carefull listening session.

with galaxy S6 and a longer cable and airplane mode, glitches and digital noise are still really subtlelty hearable, and accurately comparing the sound quality when connected to pc, it's evident.
with pc the mojo is smoother and better sounding. and it is a funny finding knowing that it is not galvanically isolated.

fiio E18 is really an android/mobile dac and well engeneered for portable use with USB devices.

MOJO is not, and it sucks when usb connected to phones.
that's the end of the story

What a load of rubbish, I use the Mojo with a  Samsung Galaxy S4 - No problems, Moto X Force - No Problems, iPod touch - No problems, IPad Air - No Problems only issue I had was with UAPP dropouts initially but adjusting the buffer size cured that.

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #12,137 of 42,788

What a load of rubbish, I use the Mojo with a  Samsung Galaxy S4 - No problems, Moto X Force - No Problems, iPod touch - No problems, IPad Air - No Problems only issue I had was with UAPP dropouts initially but adjusting the buffer size cured that.

My Note 4 works with Mojo fantastically with all apps except my favorite Neutron.

What that dude wrote is wrong ...however any help with Neutron and Mojo would be appreciated

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #12,138 of 42,788

obviously it may works flawlessy with some configurations. noone is stating the contrary.
and more obviously it works better with devices without 4g connection like the ipod touch, with which interferences are much less

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #12,139 of 42,788

Neutron does not work with my Mojo unless I use "generic driver" not direct. Can you tell me your settings. I use Neutron anyways but would love to pass it direct to Mojo. If I do it sounds like the music is in Fast forward.

that's because ther are clock synch issues.
in my case, UAPP without tweak1 plays in fast forward, and onkyo HF plays in slow motion.
i'm afraid you can't do nothing, unless there's an option in neutron that changes the clock settings like in uapp

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #12,140 of 42,788

My Note 4 works with Mojo fantastically with all apps except my favorite Neutron.

...however any help with Neutron and Mojo would be appreciated

You should know that although Neutron has released the USB DAC features for awhile now, it never really did work on any DAC I own, going from the most basic FiiO to that of Mojo, micro iDSD and HA-2. In simpler words - it just doesn't work. Posting on Neutron's forum also got me nowhere as the developer doesn't want to respond to my report.

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #12,141 of 42,788

You should know that although Neutron has released the USB DAC features for awhile now, it never really did work on any DAC I own, going from the most basic FiiO to that of Mojo, micro iDSD and HA-2. In simpler words - it just doesn't work. Posting on Neutron's forum also got me nowhere as the developer doesn't want to respond to my report.

Yeah somebody mentioned it on the previous page so I thought someone figured something out I didn't know. Thanks to both replies. Damn....I love Neutron and use it anyway. Wish I could have my cake and eat it too.

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #12,142 of 42,788
Neutron does not work with my Mojo unless I use "generic driver" not direct. Can you tell me your settings. I use Neutron anyways but would love to pass it direct to Mojo. If I do it sounds like the music is in Fast forward.

I was answering the question in general,i can't get Mojo to work through my note 3 unless I use uapp, and then I get glitching.

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #12,143 of 42,788
I am using a Nexus 7, if anyone is keeping a tally.

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #12,145 of 42,788
I was answering the question in general,i can't get Mojo to work through my note 3 unless I use uapp, and then I get glitching.

Thanks,
UAPP will pass direct to usb and ONKYO does too with no glitches unless i upsample to DSD highest quality but I use Neutron anyway because the eq is just bananas and the sound is very nice for me.

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #12,146 of 42,788

wrong

neutron works very well with Fiio E18 in direct mode.

with mate 7 i own it only works in direct mode because it has not a native support.

anyway, with mate7+ mojo i don't have any kind of fast forward like in UAPP...did you try changind the reproduction speed to see if it works?

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #12,147 of 42,788
Hi, I've just bought a Mojo which I'm running with an iPhone 6S and the ONKYO HF Player. I've gone the AK100, AK100II, AK120II, ZX1, ZX2 route, and this sounds, to my ears at least, far superior to all of them

Is there any particular advantage to turn up-sampling ON or OFF in HF Player? For example would up-sampling reduce the Moho battery life? In general what advantages would up-sampling from, say 44.1 kHz, have?

Thanks for any advice

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #12,148 of 42,788
  Hi, I've just bought a Mojo which I'm running with an iPhone 6S and the ONKYO HF Player. I've gone the AK100, AK100II, AK120II, ZX1, ZX2 route, and this sounds, to my ears at least, far superior to all of them

Is there any particular advantage to turn up-sampling ON or OFF in HF Player? For example would up-sampling reduce the Moho battery life? In general what advantages would up-sampling from, say 44.1 kHz, have?

Thanks for any advice

it all depends by the dac implementation.

upsampling is used for filter to make convertions "easier".
many dac do this internally, so doing it with software it's about the same.

it all depends on the dac, you should try and see if you feel any difference, and i don't think it would consume much more battery juice, maybe slightly more

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #12,149 of 42,788
  Ok, i tested again a Note 3 and S6 phones....

S6 has a native support, note 3 does not. both Lollipop

problems are still there,for both phones, there's a subtle distortion, clicks and pops during playback, but even in background
with mate 7 distortion is much more hearable, so that should be a phone problem.

Anyway, mojo is definately NOT and android phone friendly DAC.
even my DAC1 of many years old can work with android, that doesn't mean it's an android dac.

just making more tests, the Fiio E18 pc mode out works with the otg adapter, but not with the included micro to micro cable.
this means 2 things:

E18 micro to micro cables are not really otg cables, or are made to work with fiio E18 phone mode only.

then, MOJO is just an USB DAC made for pc, with wanna be android compatibility mode, and that means it draws power from battery phone or it's prone to noise .
it may be prone to glitches, even very very subtle glitces, difficult to hear when on the go and without a carefull listening session.

with galaxy S6 and a longer cable and airplane mode, glitches and digital noise are still really subtlelty hearable, and accurately comparing the sound quality when connected to pc, it's evident.
with pc the mojo is smoother and better sounding. and it is a funny finding knowing that it is not galvanically isolated.

fiio E18 is really an android/mobile dac and well engeneered for portable use with USB devices.

Having regularly (almost daily) used Mojo with a Sony Xperia Mobile or Samsung S5, I don't see the problems you describe. These both have WI-FI and 4G active at all times.

It might be the end for you, but your facts apply to you, that doesn't mean others feel the same way. Mojo (in my experience) absolutely does NOT suck when playing from my Android phones. End of my story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back