Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 30, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #3,137 of 42,765
nounextravagant or intensive publicity or promotion: she relied on hype and headlines to stoke up interest in her music.• a deception carried out for the sake of publicity.verb [ with obj. ] promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits: an industry quick to hype its products.

Just so you know, I am doing this as friendly banter. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #3,139 of 42,765
So mojo will only accept digital input? The 3.5mm coax only receive optical fiber? 3.5mm analog input will not work?

Coaxial input is seperate from optical input but yes they are both digital. The mojo does not accept analogue input. You want to use the DAC in the Mojo, trust me.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #3,140 of 42,765
Hype is hype be it positive or negative.
Your are all posting on headfi Haven't you noticed that actually there's been no hype no video no launch announcements. We at chord think this is fine because it means the only people that are creating the hype are those 99.999 percent of customers that do love the product that figure is now just about accurate at this time and that is okay by us! The mojo will stand or fall on its own merrit and we are happy for it to be put up against anything at any price and it may be scrutinised measured and tested by anyone See Noel's Hi Fi World Review when it hits the shelves J F

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #3,141 of 42,765
Yes we are on head-fi, even a single member excessively posting about how good a product is regardless of the merit can be seen as hype. My point being is anyone should try a product first before buying instead of taking the number of posts in this thread that say Mojo sounds good (including me) alone as buying decision.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,142 of 42,765
Well I definetly got caught up in the "hype". I've been around Head-Fi for a while and for some reason this piece really got be excited. Looking forward to my Mojo from Moon Audio.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #3,143 of 42,765
I thought the whole thread had been quite restrained by head-fi's usual standards of hype; I can't remember a single post so far along the lines of "OMG, this is the greatest DAC ever invented!!!!" As far as I remember the hype was MUCH worse when the Hugo was launched.

Granted there are a lot of posts, but even so....

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #3,144 of 42,765
I encourage everyone that can, get to the shows, meets, greetings etc etc. Its the best way to really get out and test the gear you might want to invest in. I know not everyone can get to them, but try if you can, they really are great. Also, try and sign up for product tours, another way to test gear, make friends and get loaners is way number 3.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #3,145 of 42,765
Listening to my mojo through my LCD-3F at this moment....i do have my yiggy/rag combo as a comparison and let me tell you this little beast is a powerhouse given its size and price...very very impressive......a terrific product as a Hugo owner the mojo is really quite a feat 

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,146 of 42,765
Listening to my mojo through my LCD-3F at this moment....i do have my yiggy/rag combo as a comparison and let me tell you this little beast is a powerhouse given its size and price...very very impressive......a terrific product as a Hugo owner the mojo is really quite a feat 

Totally agree. I'm not hype person, but the Mojo is an amazing piece of kit. Cheers

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #3,147 of 42,765
I have to say, I really like mine. I'd say it's not the most resolving DAC, not the best at driving headphones compared to full-sized amps (or maybe even TOTL DAPs -- I'd have to compare) but it is more along the lines of products like the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or Noble's K10s in that it is just so enjoyable to listen to music with, without requiring wallet immolating expense. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3,148 of 42,765
  As always try Mojo first before you surrender your credit card. If you buy anything because of hype then you can't blame anyone but yourself. People have different reasons for hyping a product. But the legitimate reason is when they really love it and can't stop talking about it.

I am afraid I don't find your try before you buy advice very useful when we are talking about a Chord product. (especially a new release product). It's not like the local Best Buy or Walmart has them on display just yet. There are many here who have asked where they can even purchase the Mojo in the US. I would love to try one, I just don't see it as a real possibility in my world.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3,149 of 42,765

Picked up a used AK100 for $250US and totally enjoying this combo.   No hype here.   For 399pounds, we need to have reasonable expectations.   Mojo can drive all my iems and headphones to very enjoyable level, something that is even more amazing given the size of this gear.  The competition will find it hard to justify what they are charging.  

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3,150 of 42,765
I have to say, I really like mine. I'd say it's not the most resolving DAC, not the best at driving headphones compared to full-sized amps (or maybe even TOTL DAPs -- I'd have to compare) but it is more along the lines of products like the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or Noble's K10s in that it is just so enjoyable to listen to music with, without requiring wallet immolating expense. 

Nicely Interesting comments from currawong, kind of damning it with feint praise. It's surprising really that the whole point of the design was to have about a thousand to ten thousand times the true music signal resolving power in electronics terms when compared to Dacs that use use standard industrial Dac chips so maybe we could have spent a lunch break designing something more appropriate for our friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back