Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #3,166 of 42,765
you are right questyle optical out sounds like ass it basically sucks the life outta the mojo
I wouldn't be that extreme, but would agree that the AKs marry up to the mojo in a more musical way.

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #3,167 of 42,765
you are right questyle optical out sounds like ass it basically sucks the life outta the mojo

Ah thats the same with zx100, mojo feels abused by the 5th hour haha
So, would you say return mojo or questyle?

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #3,168 of 42,765

Hi soundblast75, I have tried QP1R with mojo, and it does not pair as well as AK.   QP1R drives the bigger headphones (HE1K and LCD-XC) well and sounded more enjoyable than mojo. But for iEMs, I think Mojo is pretty good and has good synergy with most earphones.   

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #3,171 of 42,765
Just demoed Mojo again wirh HE1K and LCD-2 during JF's launch event in Singapore this afternoon. Can't believe how effortless Mojo drives full size cans. Mojo just can't get sooner to SG.

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #3,172 of 42,765
Just demoed Mojo again wirh HE1K and LCD-2 during JF's launch event in Singapore this afternoon. Can't believe how effortless Mojo drives full size cans. Mojo just can't get sooner to SG.

Agreed. Mojo can drive full sized cans well. :)

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #3,175 of 42,765
Hi-Fi World review - http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.php/cd-dvd-blu-ray/62/776.html
Couple of mistakes in that review, but - good to see it getting further exposure :)

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #3,177 of 42,765

Had enjoyed my Mojo for about a week, the size and built qulity is so superb, small yet very solid in hand. Input seletion is atuomatic, so it's easier to use than Hugo, volume control also work very well (like its system more than track ball in hugo)

So far for sound impresion:
- Netral to dark sound character, I'm a bit surpsrise with treble extension as it's very good even though a bit dark sound signature. The treble has very smooth presentation with satisfied micro detail.
- Midrange presentatiton is more to slight forward intimate, with clear pronounce, full body, and hard to notice sibilance. Definitely not lack any weight for male vocal, but still sweet and airy enough for female vocality, 
- Full body and deep punchy bass, super good for mainstream songs, and at the same time the bass section is very textured too, tried with some DSD file from Diana Krall, all of bass textured is so clear in her song.
- Soundstage is in good shape, not too wide, but have proper height and depth which is helping to create real ambience feeling.
- Black background! Could be argueable for some people, but in this section is very special in Mojo, and I think it's even better than Hugo.
- In my dictionary, "Musicality" is the primary word how to describe Mojo.

Tried with Oppo PM-1 (Original leather pad & Velour pad)

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #3,178 of 42,765
Just because you have a different opinion about the Mojo does not mean that your opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

Remember that :wink:  
I fully agree with you , but this time I can't say that .... Because how to do if I hear more sounds with zx2 it's not only sound signature it's just pure sound it's about performance ... even if I prefer little bit warm , analytical , but still musical sound from mojo I can't just can't rate it higher because performance is much much lower in this case

MOJO CANT BE COMPARE WITH DAPS OVER 1k , by performance isn't good enough . I respect every opinions from you guys , and I never said I don't :) I bought many products based on opinions from headfi . I don't troll also . But I just clearly can't say Mojo is better even if I like him sound signature more as ZX2 ,because from soundstage to trebles ZX2 is bigger more extended trebles , more detailed mid range , and wider soundstage .

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #3,179 of 42,765
I fully agree with you , but this time I can't say that .... Because how to do if I hear more sounds with zx2 it's not only sound signature it's just pure sound it's about performance ... even if I prefer little bit warm , analytical , but still musical sound from mojo I can't just can't rate it higher because performance is much much lower in this case

MOJO CANT BE COMPARE WITH DAPS OVER 1k , by performance isn't good enough . I respect every opinions from you guys , and I never said I don't :) I bought many products based on opinions from headfi . I don't troll also . But I just clearly can't say Mojo is better even if I like him sound signature more as ZX2 ,because from soundstage to trebles ZX2 is bigger more extended trebles , more detailed mid range , and wider soundstage .

To be fair to you, we always say on here that people should use their ears. And that's what you've done with the Mojo. You may not persuade too many people who are reading this thread and considering a Mojo, because the reviews so far have been great (I have a Hugo, not a Mojo, so I'm not qualified to talk about the Mojo SQ). But good for you for taking a different view; it's just a view like everyone else's I guess.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #3,180 of 42,765
I'm hoping to 'view' the Rugby World Cup final in a few hours... at half-time I will rapidly connect to the internet to see how the happy-hammers got on, hopefully I will 'view' a favourable result... thought I'd post a few views on things...
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back