Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #391 of 42,773

For the time being, the best Android music players are USB Audio Player PRO, Onkyo HF Player and HibyMusic.
They include their own USB audio soft driver.

They can convert ALAC-encoded music files to PCM audio streams to be forwarded to a Chord Mojo.

Very useful, thank you!

Still, no native support for ALAC with the Mojo feels to me like an avoidable omission.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #393 of 42,773
  Whew what a relief , I thought it sound better than hugo, but 70 % of SQ of hugo not bad for the baby MoJo.
I swear I'm about to sell hugo and go to R2r dac and never come back to delta sigma chip again .
I just read a review about total dac some component cost 2000 $ .
And many Audiophile said that Yggy ( natural and better texture ) is better than hugo TT ( smooth ). Take it from the professional friend not from the hype  .
Cya guys and good luck with your  MOJO.

That's an awful shame Raika as your knowledge, constructive insights and logic will be sorely missed.

H.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #394 of 42,773
My AK120 has issue for any files over 24/96. Optical on some AK players aren't the best out there.

Had issues with mine as well until I changed my Optical cable to the Sysconcept  one. Now it outputs 24/192 without issues. 

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #396 of 42,773

Had issues with mine as well until I changed my Optical cable to the Sysconcept  one. Now it outputs 24/192 without issues. 

Thanks for the link. I might have to pick up one of those sometime soon.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #397 of 42,773

Agreed, a reasonably priced optical cable, shipped promptly to the UK and certified to run at 24/192kHz.

I may try an 8 metre length so that I can keep my 'transport' local.

H.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #398 of 42,773
Very useful, thank you!

Still, no native support for ALAC with the Mojo feels to me like an avoidable omission.

Again, this is a DAC/amp, not a source player. The MoJo really doesn't decode any format, that's the job of the source that is sending the MoJo the decoded digital signal and from there it coverts the digital signal to analogue for output to headphones or another amp. It's not a question if the MoJo can support ALAC, it's more a question if your source can support ALAC. I've played many ALAC files from different sources and they all work brilliantly.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #399 of 42,773
Again, this is a DAC/amp, not a source player. The MoJo really doesn't decode any format, that's the job of the source that is sending the MoJo the decoded digital signal and from there it coverts the digital signal to analogue for output to headphones or another amp. It's not a question if the MoJo can support ALAC, it's more a question if your source can support ALAC. I've played many ALAC files from different sources and they all work brilliantly.

^ This. Can't understand all the consternation about ALAC. Do people think this is a DAP or something?

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #401 of 42,773

Very useful, thank you!

Errrrrrrrrr..............It's a DAC, not a DAP

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #402 of 42,773
  so could you set it to line level out and then use the headphone out to connect to phono in on a headphone amp (3.5 to 2x RCA male Cable) ??

Yes, you could. But you don't need an external amp – the Mojo is an amp, and a good one at that. Also, an additional amplification stage will just add distortion. It only makes sense for extremely inefficient headphones which the Mojo is unable to drive properly.

And note that any external amp will use the signal from the Mojo's headphone out, so there's nothing to gain except for gain.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #403 of 42,773

Yes, you could. But you don't need an external amp – the Mojo is an amp, and a good one at that. Also, an additional amplification stage will just add distortion. It only makes sense for extremely inefficient headphones which the Mojo is unable to drive properly.

And note that any external amp will use the signal from the Mojo's headphone out, so there's nothing to gain except for gain.

yes i understand, so theres no real output straigt from the dac section only. i would like to used the darkvoice tube amp with it thats why i asked :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #404 of 42,773

I think I am finally beginning to see the light!
Thanks for your explanation.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #405 of 42,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back