Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #361 of 42,765

It's arguably an upgrade to the sub-£1000 ($1500) DAC-Amp marketplace, though.

...and a rather strong argument, at that.

Ok,  and what to the sub $1000 dap market? 

Paired with an ordinary  dap with digital out,  will it beat all A&K's? 

I suggest you compare it and draw your own conclusions
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #362 of 42,765
  It's arguably an upgrade to the sub-£1000 ($1500) DAC-Amp marketplace, though.

...and a rather strong argument, at that.

I see it as a positive omen, very recently started my quest into portable audiofidelity, got lots of info from this great gathering here
and BAMMM: Chord releases the Mojo,  twice above my initial budget but i feel the Mojo let's you cut costly corners on the way to portable audio heaven.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #363 of 42,765
The AKs do offer a lot of convenience and performance in a slim form-factor, so some will prefer to stick with something so slim, whereas others may feel the extra current-delivery, etc., of the Mojo make it a worthwhile proposition.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #365 of 42,765
The AKs do offer a lot of convenience and performance in a slim form-factor, so some will prefer to stick with something so slim, whereas others may feel the extra current-delivery, etc., of the Mojo make it a worthwhile proposition.

My AK120 has issue for any files over 24/96. Optical on some AK players aren't the best out there.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #367 of 42,765
I think there is often a danger in making concrete statements that 'X ' is better than 'Y'.

Audio is a very subjective thing.

I am not going to tell anyone in this thread that the Mojo is the best DAC-Amp ever, and they should rush out and buy it, sight-unseen (thought that is always an option
wink_face.gif
)

But I can, with absolutely clear conscience, encourage people to make the effort to seek out a demo of the Mojo, rather than assume it is hype or too inexpensive to be a TOTL performer, because I sincerely believe that it will impress quite a high percentage of people who are willing to take the time to sit down and listen to it.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #368 of 42,765
  I think there is often a danger in making concrete statements that 'X ' is better than 'Y'.

I am not going to tell anyone in this thread that the Mojo is the best DAC-Amp ever, and they should rush out and buy it, sight-unseen (thought that is always an option
wink_face.gif
)

But I can, with absolutely clear conscience, encourage people to make the effort to seek out a demo of the Mojo, rather than assume it is hype or too inexpensive to be a TOTL performer, because I sincerely believe that it will impress quite a high percentage of people who are willing to take the time to sit down and listen to it.

^^ Yup...this. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #370 of 42,765

I am not going to tell anyone in this thread that the Mojo is the best DAC-Amp ever, and they should rush out and buy it, sight-unseen (thought that is always an option :wink_face: )

Very well stated. I think there's a hint in there somewhere.

Jim

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #371 of 42,765
The impression so far say that it has 70% of the SQ of the Hugo which is quite a big margin in audio terms. I think that puts it within the range of the Geekout which is much cheaper. Hopefully there will be more comparisons with other dac/amps. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #372 of 42,765
Sony currently don't offer any elegant otg cables. I will be testing it for sure.

This should do the job well (Sony WM Port to micro USB) and it's IMHO elegant:

http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #373 of 42,765
It appears it isn't fair to consider mojo as a lesser model of hugo.

They are both holding their own ground, one maintaining a more reference sound and the other is providing the more musical sound that people were trying to achieve by connecting their Hugo to various tube amps.

I can't wait for my unit to arrive.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #374 of 42,765
  @

Thank you guys, would like to pair it (initially) with my Sony Xperia Z5Compact.

For the time being, the best Android music players are USB Audio Player PRO, Onkyo HF Player and HibyMusic.
They include their own USB audio soft driver.

They can convert ALAC-encoded music files to PCM audio streams to be forwarded to a Chord Mojo.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #375 of 42,765
The impression so far say that it has 70% of the SQ of the Hugo which is quite a big margin in audio terms. I think that puts it within the range of the Geekout which is much cheaper. Hopefully there will be more comparisons with other dac/amps. 

Percentages are not usually a good measure of sound quality.

At this level, there are things you will like about the mojo and there will be things that the Hugo will do better.
Its called sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back