Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #332 of 42,765
Good point, yellow light, so 88.2khz, but I would've thought it just wouldn't play!? Could be the QP1R is down sampling...

Yes the QP1R will convert DSD to PCM for the optical out, I don't know what bit rate it uses as I haven't tested it, but most likely 88.2KHz or 176.4KHz. True DSD is not possible with SPDIF.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #333 of 42,765
  Can someone compare the Chord Mojo to the Ifi iDSD micro? they are about the same price and I'm looking to upgrade my source come December. Thanks! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Go for the mojo.

I had the Micro and the Hugo at the same time. Loved the micro very much. It was powerful, could drive any headphones with authority and was an excellent value compared to the Hugo.

I used the Micro more than the Hugo because I was too worried about  taking the Hugo out of the house in case it got damaged or lost.  Now the mojo is out, and for the price it is I really can’t recommend the micro anymore on the basis of price and portability . The mojo is more akin to the Hugo but in a much smaller and cheaper package.

If you don’t use power hungry phones and don’t need the extra features on the Micro, then I would go for the mojo. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #334 of 42,765
  what does the crossfeed feature on the original hugo do?

Currently using Adel A12 with Iphone 5.  That's the extent of my entire audio gear collection.  I'm looking to add a DAP/DAC, was looking at ZX2 but glad I waited for this. 

If I wanted to get a Mojo, would it really matter what I feed it with? Something in the $200-$400 range chouls be fine so long as it can play my highest quality files right? (DSD, 24/192).  Sweet, I could be looking at being done at under $1,000 for a portable player.

Get a used AK100 if you can find one. Same size as the mojo. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #335 of 42,765
Already pre-ordered my Mojo, just waiting for my favourite shop to receive the item.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #336 of 42,765
I would like to know how UK owners of the Mojo (that have contributed to this thread) managed to obtain their units so early? As the official product announcement/release was only yesterday and yet some of you guys seem to have had your Mojo's for days. If you're affiliated with Chord even unofficially you should really mention this when commenting on the Mojo's sound quality and ergonomics.

Got mine from Custom-cables.co.uk. I believe they must have ordered them a few days before, so had them in stock to sell on the same day it was announced. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #337 of 42,765
Yes the QP1R will convert DSD to PCM for the optical out, I don't know what bit rate it uses as I haven't tested it, but most likely 88.2KHz or 176.4KHz. True DSD is not possible with SPDIF.
Thanks for confirming Bruce!

Even more awesome on the part of the QP1R then that it does that rather than bumming out :D

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #338 of 42,765
As a Owner of zx2 with z7 i was Planning to buy an Pha-3, Now i am confused a little with a good value mojo, i need an amp to drive my EU zx2 and dac/amp to use it with Mac, Pha-3 was a good match but Now, i have also an lcd2 which i can use it with both combo i guess, But i guess that i can not by pass dac of mojo to use with zx2, zx2 is too big an investment to use as a transport, what to do what to do:grinning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #339 of 42,765
As a Owner of zx2 with z7 i was Planning to buy an Pha-3, Now i am confused a little with a good value mojo, i need an amp to drive my EU zx2 and dac/amp to use it with Mac, Pha-3 was a good match but Now, i have also an lcd2 which i can use it with both combo i guess, But i guess that i can not by pass dac of mojo to use with zx2, zx2 is too big an investment to use as a transport, what to do what to do:grinning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy another amp that does both DAC and amplifier ? Like continental dual ? Or sell zx2 lol

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #340 of 42,765
For the record, I am not affiliated with Chord, but was at their launch event yesterday, that is the first I saw or heard a MoJo...

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #342 of 42,765
I would like to know how UK owners of the Mojo (that have contributed to this thread) managed to obtain their units so early? As the official product announcement/release was only yesterday and yet some of you guys seem to have had your Mojo's for days. If you're affiliated with Chord even unofficially you should really mention this when commenting on the Mojo's sound quality and ergonomics.

I bought mine from cutom cable uk straight after the announcement - they had 8 available. It's just shipped :) Really good service.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #343 of 42,765
I bought mine from cutom cable uk straight after the announcement - they had 8 available. It's just shipped :) Really good service.
Looking forward to your impressions versus AK380 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back