Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #12,841 of 42,765
guys any case that can be used for the mojo and be able to control volume still

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #12,842 of 42,765
  How's the music? 
L3000.gif

I haven't noticed any rattling, but you'll get me listening out for that now.

OK after "Miles Davies - Kind of blue", "Holly Cole", "Diana Krall", "Kendrick Lamar" oh and some "Bach......"
biggrin.gif

Fan-f$#@ing-tastic! Really enjoying it ... the rattle seems to be from only one of the buttons ... Damn, every time I touch it I can hear and feel a rattle. Other than that: perfection

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #12,843 of 42,765
well i will go lower in volume although I do not think i listen to crazy volumes, but maybe i am worng

well at least I have the adel tech so it should save my hearing :) i am kiddin

Also depends on the tracks levels. Adel tech may help as well, not sure in the long run. I used to listen louder than I do now and it takes some discipline and getting used to but in the end I enjoy my music so much more for not shouting at me. I can actually focus more on the nuances than when it's all blasted at me.

Edit: Just for reference, barely double yellow (44-45 clicks from zero) is what I listen at with the LCD-2.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #12,844 of 42,765
Also depends on the tracks levels. Adel tech may help as well, not sure in the long run. I used to listen louder than I do now and it takes some discipline and getting used to but in the end I enjoy my music so much more for not shouting at me. I can actually focus more on the nuances than when it's all blasted at me.

Edit: Just for reference, barely double yellow (44-45 clicks from zero) is what I listen at with the LCD-2.

i will start off by lowering my listening volume on ak380 to 50

so how many clicks on the mojo is advised for my u12

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #12,845 of 42,765
when the Mojo is being used and being charged especially when driving lower impedances there is a net drain on the battery. This means that the charging circuit does not quite provide enough power to power the Dac and amp circuitry and keep charge the battery at the same level this is because we had to limit the amount of charge over a given time due to thermal constraints. Our charging time with the Mojo switched off is usually four or max five hours this is a little inconvenient but when we compare this to other Dac amps that need up to a full twenty four hours to charge we feel that we didn't do such a bad job.

Good afternoon John,

Could you suggest an approximate number of ohms that constitutes "lower impedances" please.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #12,846 of 42,765
  well i will go lower in volume although I do not think i listen to crazy volumes, but maybe i am worng

well at least I have the adel tech so it should save my hearing :) i am kiddin

its so dam hard to resist to listen at high volumes once u have a great iem like the U12 :wink:

I have the ADEL A12 and I listen at between 8 and 10 clicks.  If I go over about 13 clicks I'll occasionally get ringing in my ears, although I'm not sure if that ringing isn't from my 6 year old son screaming in my ear which he will do from time to time.  Between 5-8 clicks is plenty loud for me, I hear everything.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #12,848 of 42,765
Not sure if this has been asked or not.

Has anyone tried this cable? Would it work with mojo? About the same price with CCK. I'm asking because this cable keeps showing up as recommended accessories for Mojo (in Japan) :)

http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/accessories/eacltg-microb8

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #12,849 of 42,765
  Don't even thing about gifting money to @derGabe. I paid him the euros on 21 December and still waiting for my cable. Unfortunately I'm not the only one, either. I reported this to a mod and was told to wait.

I'm in the same boat. have been PMing @derGabe regularly to try to get him to refund my money. Avoid. 

I got one from another headfier and have ordered a spare from ebay.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #12,850 of 42,765
I'm in the same boat. have been PMing @derGabe
 regularly to try to get him to refund my money. Avoid. 

I got one from another headfier and have ordered a spare from ebay.

He had wanted me to use PayPal gift. For some reason I couldn't find the Gift button on my iPhone so I gave him one extra Euro.
Getting the full 18 Euros refunded from PayPal was a cinch.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #12,854 of 42,765
  I am not sure but I don't think Windows Phones support OTG

So does that mean I can still use the headphone out to mojo? Or am I all out of luck getting a mojo to begin with?

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #12,855 of 42,765
Not sure if this has been asked or not.

Has anyone tried this cable? Would it work with mojo? About the same price with CCK. I'm asking because this cable keeps showing up as recommended accessories for Mojo (in Japan) :)

http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/accessories/eacltg-microb8

That cable is part of the KSE1500 accessories. It will not work with the Mojo connected directly with an iDevice because unlike the Shure KSE amplifier, the Mojo is not Apple MFI certified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back