Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #12,826 of 42,765
Ha, I just posted this a couple pages ago. Check it out, it's made to be used with the X3ii/X5ii/X7:

Short 3.5mm Coaxial Cable

The X7 is a little larg-ish compared to the Mojo, but 3M Dual Lock would be great to pair them. FiiO is also considering a 'blank' amp module for those that dont want an amp to use just the line-out or coaxial out, which would make it overall smaller, but I don't know if it will actually be produced. I didn't stack them when I reviewed the X7 but here's a couple pics next to the Mojo, and compared to other DAPs.

does the eq work when u connect the fiio x7 to the mojo

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #12,827 of 42,765
does the eq work when u connect the fiio x7 to the mojo

You know what, I don't remember. I'm sure if you asked in the X7 thread you'd receive a fairly quick answer. EQ does work through coaxial on the X5ii, that much I can confirm.

:)

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #12,828 of 42,765
Thanks. This thread is really moving too fast to follow and track! The 3.5mm jack plug makes it a bit unwieldy and may need to research more for right angled ones. I like Fiio as a company despite never owning their product but will check it out.

i had a right angle connector made by dergabe (head-fi member) for little money; fiio x3ii to mojo

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #12,829 of 42,765
  can i ask guys with ur iems what volume do you listen to and colour is it at,

I for one listen at volumes that show orange colour with my u12

I just would like to get a sense how loud other are listening to their iems and if I am listening too loud or am i within the norm

K3003 - sub-red thru red to just into orange depending on material (eg rock, thru jazz to classical)

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #12,831 of 42,765
i had a right angle connector made by dergabe (head-fi member) for little money; fiio x3ii to mojo
[/quote]
@dergabe was also recommended to me by friends. After parting with €18 and after a couple of email exchanges, I never heard from him again. Around the same time, I saw that a couple of other members had the same problem. Luckily I got my money back via PayPal Dispute Resolution Center.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #12,833 of 42,765
Looks promising! Better than the straight jacks one I am using. Hope the right angle jack will provide better stability and durability (for the USB socket on mojo/Hugo)

I am able to travel around with confident, not losing connection when using either Right Angled connector. Straight connectors I used before ended up losing connectivity especially when placed in a jacket pocket.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #12,834 of 42,765
can i ask guys with ur iems what volume do you listen to and colour is it at,

I for one listen at volumes that show orange colour with my u12

I just would like to get a sense how loud other are listening to their iems and if I am listening too loud or am i within the norm

JH Angie (17 Ohm, 117 dB@1mW) at -volume ball green and +volume ball at yellow-ish (15 clicks from zero) in the lower individual volume ball colour change range, listening to a moderate recording level track like Eric Clapton's Unplugged Layla 16/44.1 ALAC lossless. dB levels are at around 85 on average with peaks getting up to 96 dB according to my not entirely accurate iPhone speaker level app when I have the Angie ear tip placed right over the iPhone mic. I find this right at my loudness threshold and will turn it down from here quite often.

The iPhone doesn't quite white balance properly for the colour of the illuminated balls.

There's two possible scenarios here...

1) If you're saying you listen to the 64 Ears U12 (16 Ohms, 115 dB@1mW), which is close to the Angie in specs, if not a little less sensitive, at double orange (43-45 clicks from zero) you are listening at a VERY LOUD VOLUME if you are listening to music that is recorded at a moderate level. The same Layla track measures an average above 105 dB (which is the max for the app). If this doesn't sound loud to you perhaps a trip to the audiologist is order.

2) If you are listening at orange in the lower register (9-10 clicks from zero) you have super great hearing as this measured around 65-70 dB average.

Again, these apps aren't the most accurate but it gives a ballpark. :)

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #12,835 of 42,765
JH Angie (17 Ohm, 117 dB@1mW) at -volume ball green and +volume ball at yellow-ish (15 clicks from zero) in the lower individual volume ball colour change range, listening to a moderate recording level track like Eric Clapton's Unplugged Layla 16/44.1 ALAC lossless. dB levels are at around 85 on average with peaks getting up to 96 dB according to my not entirely accurate iPhone speaker level app when I have the Angie ear tip placed right over the iPhone mic. I find this right at my loudness threshold and will turn it down from here quite often.

The iPhone doesn't quite white balance properly for the colour of the illuminated balls.

There's two possible scenarios here...

1) If you're saying you listen to the 64 Ears U12 (16 Ohms, 115 dB@1mW), which is close to the Angie in specs, if not a little less sensitive, at double orange (43-45 clicks from zero) you are listening at a VERY LOUD VOLUME if you are listening to music that is recorded at a moderate level. The same Layla track measures an average above 105 dB (which is the max for the app). If this doesn't sound loud to you perhaps a trip to the audiologist is order.

2) If you are listening at orange in the lower register (9-10 clicks from zero) you have super great hearing as this measured around 65-70 dB average.

Again, these apps aren't the most accurate but it gives a ballpark.
smily_headphones1.gif

dam I listen at 39 clicks from zero with my u12 :0 I think I need to visit the audiologist, although I think I have good hearing and when I among freinds I am the first to hear things if something weird is happening around us.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #12,836 of 42,765
dam I listen at 39 clicks from zero with my u12 :0 I think I need to visit the audiologist, although I think I have good hearing and when I among freinds I am the first to hear things if something weird is happening around us.

That's pretty loud. Keep in mind that the length of time you listen is also a huge factor when it comes to damage up until a certain threshold. The problem with hearing loss is that it's cumulative and we keep turning the volume up little by little not realizing the damage we're doing over time until it's too late when we're older. Kind of like the food we eat. :wink:

Edit: If you hear ringing in your ears (tinnitus) then damage is occurring or has occurred. Your ears don't "get used to" loud noises and they can't recover from damage. Once the hair like cels die (this is the ringing) they're gone for good. Be careful of your ears people, you'll miss them down the line.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #12,837 of 42,765
That's pretty loud. Keep in mind that the length of time you listen is also a huge factor when it comes to damage up until a certain threshold. The problem with hearing loss is that it's cumulative and we keep turning the volume up little by little not realizing the damage we're doing over time until it's too late when we're older. Kind of like the food we eat.
wink.gif

maybe i missed mentioning that I am using v4a and power amp

on v4a i have the output gain at -1.9 db
on poweramp i reduced the preamp by 10%

because i use eq alot to avoid clipping

on my ak380 and amp I listen to around 80 on high gain

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #12,838 of 42,765
maybe i missed mentioning that I am using v4a and power amp

on v4a i have the output gain at -1.9 db
on poweramp i reduced the preamp by 10%

because i use eq alot to avoid clipping

That might help a lot, I'm not sure. Can you use a smartphone app to at least get a ballpark figure? 1.9 dB isn't much of a reduction at those volumes but I'm not sure how much the pre-amp and EQ helps.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #12,839 of 42,765
That might help a lot, I'm not sure. Can you use a smartphone app to at least get a ballpark figure? 1.9 dB isn't much of a reduction at those volumes but I'm not sure how much the pre-amp and EQ helps.

well i will go lower in volume although I do not think i listen to crazy volumes, but maybe i am worng

well at least I have the adel tech so it should save my hearing :) i am kiddin

its so dam hard to resist to listen at high volumes once u have a great iem like the U12 :wink:

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #12,840 of 42,765
Fan-f$#@ing-tastic! Really enjoying it ... the rattle seems to be from only one of the buttons ... Damn, every time I touch it I can hear and feel a rattle. Other than that: perfection

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back