Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad-bayern View Post

Hello :)
If you allow, it is best for my headphones Philips X2 and DT990 pro 250 OHM
Chord Mojo or NFB-11 PLZ ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad-bayern View Post

help plz

I don't know if anyone understands you. I do not know what you are asking for help with.

I have not heard either of those headphones, but the general consensus is that the Mojo dac sounds great with any setup and the amp is powerful enough for almost any headphone. Pleas try and enjoy!

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #12,857 of 42,765

I am not sure but I don't think Windows Phones support OTG

So does that mean I can still use the headphone out to mojo? Or am I all out of luck getting a mojo to begin with?

Unfortunately, you can't use the analogue headphone-out to Mojo, because Mojo has no analogue input.

Sorry about that, but I hope you can see that it's really not Chord's fault
popcorn.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #12,859 of 42,765

Phew! My old cheapo phone is in the working list.

Mojo showed up today so that is good news :)

Now I just have to look at the box and wait to get home so I can plug it in and leave it charging overnight so I can listen to it tomorrow, cause I won't be at work for 10 more hours...

edit: Dang, it's heftier than I expected. Will take a little getting used to coming from the Arrow 5TX i think! I am slightly disappointed off the bat because my serial number sticker looks like it was peeled off and then put back on. Not that it will affect the usage of it but when you spend $599 the little things like that a little disappointing...

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #12,860 of 42,765
  So does that mean I can still use the headphone out to mojo? Or am I all out of luck getting a mojo to begin with?

I've posted this previously and may have been missed but the Windows Phone 10 950 model supports USB OTG. All the predecessors don't because of hardware limitation.

More info to confirm it works here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/395360-external-audio-dac-support-usb-otg.html

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #12,861 of 42,765

Phew! My old cheapo phone is in the working list.

Mojo showed up today so that is good news :)

Now I just have to look at the box and wait to get home so I can plug it in and leave it charging overnight so I can listen to it tomorrow, cause I won't be at work for 10 more hours...

edit: Dang, it's heftier than I expected. Will take a little getting used to coming from the Arrow 5TX i think! I am slightly disappointed off the bat because my serial number sticker looks like it was peeled off and then put back on. Not that it will affect the usage of it but when you spend $599 the little things like that a little disappointing...

Don't worry, you can listen to the Mojo while charging :))

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #12,862 of 42,765

Don't worry, you can listen to the Mojo while charging :))

Yeah i know, but the whole point of the "minimum 10 hours" for the first charge is to condition the battery.

I don't know the specifics of the Mojo battery but with Li-Ion batts a good practice is to let them stay plugged in for a long time after they complete their initial charge to be able to use the battery's maximum possible capacity. The first discharge of the battery "marks" the maximum capacity of that battery from then on, so I don't want to take any risks.

Sadly I am going to have to be patient though, or I'll always be doubting the battery has some potential capacity walled off.. I am letting it charge while I'm at work and then I'll leave it plugged in when I get home before I go out to do errands so it'll be all set and I'll have peace of mind the battery is in top shape when I'm back in time to listen to it for the first time :)

All that said... I'm still a bit bothered about my messed-up serial # sticker and can't decide if I should contact to get it exchanged for that reason :/

(doesn't make it look that messed up, it's really just that corner, it's not a great photo though, I know)

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #12,863 of 42,765

I've posted this previously and may have been missed but the Windows Phone 10 950 model supports USB OTG. All the predecessors don't because of hardware limitation.

Awesome. So that means 950XL should work too! I will delve deeper before taking the plunge. Thanks, xtr4

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #12,864 of 42,765

More info to confirm it works here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/395360-external-audio-dac-support-usb-otg.html

Thankyou! I've just added that to post #3
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #12,866 of 42,765
Aaaah help! My mojo is arriving any minute. To connect to a PC, do i need to buy additional cables before I can use it? In that case, what cables? I know i need the usb camera cable for iPhone!

it comes with a (VERY short) USB cable, if you have any microUSB cable already you can just use that. The one i'm charging with is from a Samsung tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back