Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #8,431 of 42,765
This would be Mojo...you will "have to compromise " one for another. Less separation and staging in the Mojo indeed contribute in toward the fun-engaging sound without fatigue. I take that your Gf has different preferences to you, and I see where she is coming from clearly. Regarding the IEMS synergy with Mojo....I suggest you try different IEMS out and see :D. Look into Sony Z5 as well

"Less separation and staging? What's left? So what are the positives? Anyone reading a review with that comment would certainly question buying the unit.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #8,433 of 42,765
"Less separation and staging? What's left? So what are the positives? Anyone reading a review with that comment would certainly question buying the unit.

My comment directed toward the member that mentioned about his girlfriend comment on Mojo+846 combo, and not directed toward anybody else. I said I see where she comes from and why she said that. I am not saying anything bad about the Mojo, and it seems like you are trying to take it that way ?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8415#post_12219840
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8370#post_12219115

Mind you, Mojo is not the End-game, or be one that end all....or all solutions killer device....the bigger brother is Hugo. So to people who knows, they would be able to tell the differences between these units. His girlfriend may be one that experienced other devices that has better quality to her preferences ? Who knows ? But all I am saying is that I understand where she is coming from.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #8,434 of 42,765
My comment directed toward the member that mentioned about his girlfriend comment on Mojo+846 combo, and not directed toward anybody else. I said I see where she comes from and why she said that. I am not saying anything bad about the Mojo, and it seems like you are trying to take it that way ?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8415#post_12219840
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8370#post_12219115

Mind you, Mojo is not the End-game, or be one that end all....or all solutions killer device....the bigger brother is Hugo. So to people who knows, they would be able to tell the differences between these units. His girlfriend may be one that experienced other devices that has better quality to her preferences ? Who knows ? But all I am saying is that I understand where she is coming from.

No Problem. 

Of course it isn't End Game, but for performance and the footprint, it is a great option for me compared to a standalone DAP or a DAP + Hugo.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #8,435 of 42,765
Hahaha you guys are great, still tho, what about me... Still not *wowed* maybe I need some UE customs or just other brands? Idk...

wows usually come from impact full bass and dynamics. Hugo never gave me a wow,it just sounded very pleasing and refined in the beggining , the more I heard it the sound it produced gave me a lot of wows in a different sense but never the wow where a average listener would say in first hearing.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #8,436 of 42,765
wows usually come from impact full bass and dynamics. Hugo never gave me a wow,it just sounded very pleasing and refined in the beggining , the more I heard it the sound it produced gave me a lot of wows in a different sense but never the wow where a average listener would say in first hearing.

What would provide the wow for average listeners

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #8,438 of 42,765

Maybe only until the K10 arrives...
ksc75smile.gif

You see, the K10 gets mentioned AGAIN, just listen to Wata. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #8,439 of 42,765

Nothing is end game, but a brief listen to Chord Dave has got to be close! I haven't heard Hugo, but I believe Rob has hinted that Mojo is the equal or better sonically, with new chip and 2 years newer tech. Certainly Hugo would be a different feature set, but may not necessarily sound distinctly better.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #8,441 of 42,765
Wow for me is when I listen to music I am intimately familiar with, that I have heard hundreds of times in all kinds of equipment, and which now I am discovering new layers and complexity - new information in the music - that I had not previously heard.

I always figured an totl iem would do the magic, I like the Mojo, but maybe it'd the Mojo that doesn't allow for an engaging/energetic sound?

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #8,442 of 42,765
I always figured an totl iem would do the magic, I like the Mojo, but maybe it'd the Mojo that doesn't allow for an engaging/energetic sound?

Not in my experience, the Mojo does this in spades - but again that's my viewpoint. Regarding the question of what is the "wow" for the average listener, this is in my view an impossible question to answer. Someone going from earbuds to Beats could be wowed. For an experienced audiophile it could be moving their Stax electrostatic headphones up to the BHSE (a very expensive, hand-built, wait for a year or two custom-made amp). Some people are just impossible to wow at all, especially if audio is not their thing. Audio is all about what you like - and this is can be an elusive goal in itself. Trying to find it for yourself and someone else could be impossible. Good luck and good hunting for the best audio experience, although the fact that you have worked up to the level of the Mojo and the Shure 846's shows you're well on your way. Cheers 

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #8,443 of 42,765

I have an honest question.

Have you had a hearing test done by a doctor?
You may have an issue with your auditory system. I am not joking. Many folks totally overlook this besides some reviewers who cite it for full disclosure.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #8,444 of 42,765
Aah.... my fault... yes, that does ring a vague bell! :xf_eek:

Sorry to anyone if I've caused any confusion - in fact, I may go back and delete my earlier post - not for my sake, but in case it causes further confusion.

I tend to steer clear of AK threads, as I find the company obnoxious in extremis, hence my oversight, on the vagaries of their peculiar model naming system.

:beerchug:
MkII is what I just received, in the limited pretty blue version, to follow in the steps of Shotgunshane :D just need my optical cable now...

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #8,445 of 42,765
NaiveSound What IEM are you coming from and could you be more precise in what sound signature you are looking for. The 846 is quite a colored iem and the fact that you don't like it is related more to taste than to it not performing as a TOTL. It sounds like you want more air and better dynamics, are dynamic or hybrid, like the Oriolus, might suit you better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back