Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #8,416 of 42,765

Sorry that sounded a bit too harsh for what it was. I understand the massive screen real estate and stuff so i do get that. Its just a tad bit bulky and since its a stack id want it as minimal as possible. It just looks symmetrically odd with the square hump on the back. Considering you mentioned you had an OCD tendency im surprised you prefer this stack so much.

I havent made up my mind on what transport to use yet however thinking as comparison say the pic of the AK100 with the mojo along with a nice neat right angle connectors, that just makes more sense to me at the moment. I do want to use android though instead of AK if possible. Someone mentioned they had good results with the Sony Z5 compact....

I almost choked on a piece of candy and then almost coughed it right into my monitor I laughed so hard.
I see some rigs and facepalm but folks got their own thing.

What is good = What you like

Sometimes folks hurl insults and others are honest opinions. I figured you were genuine so I laughed/almost choked/almost dinged my monitor.

The OCD thing is why the cable is covered and the Mojo centered and no colors beyond flat black...velcro is shiny buy use has dulled it perfectly.
Good luck to you. Maybe check other rigs before giving up on the droid route
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #8,417 of 42,765
Since this is a Mojo thread I'll keep it short.  The ADEL is great.  Head over to the 1964 Ears Adel IEMs and read through it.  There's been some recent discussion of a new adjustable ADEL module that allows the user to optimize the effect.  It flat out gives the most precise localization of sounds on the biggest stage users have ever heard in an IEM.  

I love it with the Mojo.  Does ADEL work?  It works to make IEMs better. Does it protect hearing?  How can I tell?  I'l just believe the claims.

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #8,418 of 42,765

Sometimes folks hurl insults and others are honest opinions. I figured you were genuine so I laughed/almost choked/almost dinged my monitor.

The OCD thing is why the cable is covered and the Mojo centered and no colors beyond flat black...velcro is shiny buy use has dulled it perfectly.

Awaiting the complete transformation: https://twitter.com/razzadoop/status/586167706379886594

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #8,420 of 42,765
  anyone have a nice stack of the mojo with an android device? Im going away from idevice due to the extra camera connector cable.

As shown previously Mojo with a Z5C (or Z3C) is as compact as you will get with an Android phone, works great for me. Native Walkman app even plays 64DSD's but if you want correct source frequency then still need UAPP or all output at 24/192 irrespective of source (via Android 5.1). Z5C battery life (in Stamina mode) purely as a source for the Mojo in Airplane mode is also awesome. No SIM in mine just use WiFi to sync offline Tidal/Spotify music. You will get 3G/4G interference with close-stack as below but seems OK with WiFi. Plus can take current largest microSD at 200GB and comes with 32GB standard internal storage.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #8,422 of 42,765
Oh boy. What does one recommend for *fun * engaging sound? That does not cause *fatigue*?

Would I still have to switch out the Mojo? (I love mojo)

This would be Mojo...you will "have to compromise " one for another. Less separation and staging in the Mojo indeed contribute in toward the fun-engaging sound without fatigue. I take that your Gf has different preferences to you, and I see where she is coming from clearly. Regarding the IEMS synergy with Mojo....I suggest you try different IEMS out and see :D. Look into Sony Z5 as well

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #8,424 of 42,765
Really?

Is AK's website incorrect, or are there 2 versions of AK100ii? I'm always happy to learn

The AK100 mkII (mark 2) is the same as the AK100 but with 3 Ohm output impedance instead of 22 Ohm like in the original. Not the AK100ii. Confusing naming to be sure.

http://shop.iriverinc.com/astell-kern-ak100-mkii-mqs-portable-player-system.html

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #8,425 of 42,765

Really?

Is AK's website incorrect, or are there 2 versions of AK100ii? I'm always happy to learn

The AK100 mkII is the same as the AK100 but with 3 Ohm output impedance instead of 22 Ohm like in the original. Not the AK100ii. Confusing naming to be sure.

http://shop.iriverinc.com/astell-kern-ak100-mkii-mqs-portable-player-system.html

Aah.... my fault... yes, that does ring a vague bell!
redface.gif

Sorry to anyone if I've caused any confusion - in fact, I may go back and delete my earlier post - not for my sake, but in case it causes further confusion.

I tend to steer clear of AK threads, as I find the company obnoxious in extremis, hence my oversight, on the vagaries of their peculiar model naming system.

beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #8,428 of 42,765
Have you listened to the Roxanne or Layla as wel?

I haven't listened to the Roxanne, but I did listen to the Layla, but not from the Mojo. For my preference I prefer the Angie over the Layla.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #8,430 of 42,765
Maybe only until the K10 arrives... :ksc75smile:

Well, that's the audio drug factor isn't it? :wink_face:

Curiosity always gets the best of me, and my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back